• ARCHIVES 
  • » I believe that if we continue spoonfeeding people with working codes is not a good idea. Honestly, I can't blame those people who spoonfeed because I know their main concern is helping people which is

Pages: 12

I believe that if we continue spoonfeeding people with working codes is not a good idea. Honestly, I can't blame those people who spoonfeed because I know their main concern is helping people which is

marfillaster
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

I believe that if we continue spoonfeeding people with working codes is not a good idea. Honestly, I can't blame those people who spoonfeed because I know their main concern is helping people which is

I believe that if we continue spoonfeeding people with working codes is not a good idea. Honestly, I can't blame those people who spoonfeed because I know their main concern is helping people which is actually the best thing to do. Well im just concern people are becoming dumber(sory for the word) these days, they only want copy paste codes, without even knowing how it works(internally so they know how to edit). .I suggest we [b]stop spoonfeeding[/b]. Instead Just show them what part of their code is wrong and suggest a solution. Redirect them to the solution topic, if it exist.

Last edited by marfillaster (2007-06-11 01:12:51)

DanN DYKSTRA
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: I believe that if we continue spoonfeeding people with working codes is not a good idea. Honestly, I can't blame those people who spoonfeed because I know their main concern is helping people which is

i agree with that, Sir Marfillaster.. i always hoped that these people would go to the tricks & tutorials section first, try playing around with the codes for a while, instead of asking for the codes/help directly... but the problem is, I think this is more easier said that done :(
marfillaster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: I believe that if we continue spoonfeeding people with working codes is not a good idea. Honestly, I can't blame those people who spoonfeed because I know their main concern is helping people which is

i've been trying to, that's why i always answer them, ok here's the problem and here's what you got to do..... oh that question is answered already, check this link...
DanN DYKSTRA
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

i did quite the same as you... if they ask for a trick, i would say : "check out this link" or something like that... maybe some people would hate/dislike me for that, and might give me [b]- reputation[/b]. but as i said, I really think they should check out the codes by themselves first :cry:
leftalone
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

yes i agree =) i realy love to help members but i think its better if they also [b]try[/b] to figure it out by themselves
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I too just suggest, only suggest. I only help in hopeless cases and some major parts if.... they show that they are trying their best to get the idea behind the code or whatever they are trying to sum up =)
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Actually.. it does get annoying if people would just ask and ask, W/out trying to understand the codes themselves. Though some we cannot blame cos they are really that clueless. But sometimes simple instructions they can't follow at all, Even when the instructions are there, they still need to ask these questions. And that's really annoying especially if you've got other things to do. :cry: The bad part on that, is when you can't help them and they'd get offended. Well, I really must say, you guys who are trying to help people w/ their codes... You're all doing a great job there at [i]Tricks and Tutorials[/i]. Kudos!

Last edited by Padme (2007-06-11 19:10:23)

eykalsyamim
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

this is a gud suggestion..but please dont get angry with other members..hehe. :D :D
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

juz be patient with d newbies... hehe.. =)
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Newbies or not they reading and understanding is important. If you read [i](past tense) [/i] the rules or instruction on how to apply a certain code, topic or category with particular rules and still can't understand them it's ok; just as long as you tried first. Remember the simple saying of many great inventors [b]"Trial and Error is the key to perfection"[/b] also remember there are moderators and members here with open arms... =)
TA Juleigtin Siahaan
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote][b]marfillaster wrote:[/b] Instead Just show them what part of their code is wrong and suggest a solution. Redirect them to the solution topic, if it exist.[/quote] wew.. :D :D Nice idea Sir Marfillaster.. =) :thumbsup: I agree with you.. :cool: :)
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

im sorry dudes.. i spoonfeed other members in the help section.. :crybaby:
cip6192
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

me as well while im promoting our site i always suggesting them to read first the sticky threads because its important, i asking them to explore more in our forums, some of my friends are always asking for help and i gave them the link of what part of my page did they want, some of them are hopeless while the other's are just wating for my respond to give that code and put it in thier ripway account, i put my [b]code of the week[/b] box for a reason, to be able to experience how it looks like when they put that code in there pages, to [b]experience[/b] not to [b]feed[/b].

Last edited by cip6192 (2007-07-17 09:19:02)

cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

ahmn.. as i observd, im d only newbie hir... yeah.. clueless newbie... :crybaby: i reli cnt blame u mods.. i know ur irrated by d vry chckn questions of d newbies... actually, having ur tutorials more elaborate lessen ur work of answering stupid questions... u hav to undrstand ader newbies dat are afraid of askn coz maybe dey wil juz b reprmmnded... and questions indcate dat dat prson undstrdstnd sumtin but not d hul thing.. sumtyms spoondfeedng for u is not spoonfddng for aders.. bcoz no matter how u say super simple tutorial and very spoonfdng, ill tell u, der s stil sum1 hu will ask for question.... meaning..??? it is reli not dat simple... everything is smple for a person hu knows dat topic.. and maybe dficult for aders.. tnx to xavierkym and eejhay hu reli hav tym for d newbies.. i can testify that.... and more ppol love dem coz of that... i thnk.. hehehe. anwyz... moderators, dont be mad with this... and you all have d credits for sharing all dos codes dat made ftalkers very addicted to frnster... ahmn.. sir marfillaster.. i thnk ur WVM tutrial and generator is reli spnfdng.. :eh: :eh: peace men... tnx for dat dude... i reli undrstand it.. and hav it n my page.. =) newbies like me, take tym to read... and learn.. and search.. before broadcstng ur questions... =) well... im now done wid my short love letter.. :D

Last edited by cUtiEshika (2007-09-09 22:54:53)

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

lol. that was flattering. maybe not all moderators have the same way of helping members. a good tutorial may have many details. so the questions or complains will be lessen. like i am doing on my website, i am trying to make a series of tutorials about friendster overlaying. we moderators are like tutors, we just guide members what to do. and members may find some of those lectures hard, its their responsibility to search for the answers on themselves
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

I do understand why most newbies can't understand those things is because well it's very complex to dig stuff and to learn them! And as well it's very difficult to understand!
jamessss:b
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

Im Agree With The Post Of Ken. But.. Im One Of them. Lolz -- Ashamed In Myself. Heheh. :D :thumbsdown: And Thanks For Those People Who're Always Helping Me.. Like Bro Eph. And Xavier (:
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Wow how nice you had friends helping you unlike me I learn by my self ;) Fortunately it's fun :D
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

^ahmn.. u cn cnsder ftalkers as ur friends... juz like d one hu shared der codes... u cn call dem ur friends... ahmn... newbies cn undrtnd d codes... but not dat very fst.. dats y we hav our patient mods.. ahehehe :D newbies: juz dnt abuse d mods... =)
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Well I better study them before considering them as my friend/s! Hope you understand that because I had so many friends that are not real! Simply they are plastics or what so ever! Fortunately, If you don't know I had real friends here at Ftalk :D
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I believe that if we continue spoonfeeding people with working codes is not a good idea. Honestly, I can't blame those people who spoonfeed because I know their main concern is helping people which is

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 15:47

[ 12 queries - 0.022 second ]
Privacy Policy