• ARCHIVES 
  • » My first public suggestion. =| Sir admin, is it possible to also display the member's last post date on the user infos display along with the avatar, regestered date, number of posts, etc. And also,

Pages: 1

My first public suggestion. =| Sir admin, is it possible to also display the member's last post date on the user infos display along with the avatar, regestered date, number of posts, etc. And also,

FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

My first public suggestion. =| Sir admin, is it possible to also display the member's last post date on the user infos display along with the avatar, regestered date, number of posts, etc. And also,

My first public suggestion. =| Sir admin, is it possible to also display the member's last post date on the user infos display along with the avatar, regestered date, number of posts, etc. And also, is it possible for us members to have our own Custom Status/Rank? Like this for example: [align=center][img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6387/lastpostwn1.jpg[/img][/align] - My reason for the Last Post Display is for us members to immediately know when was the last time a member visited the forum, without having to go to his user info and look for his/her Last Post Date in there. It'll be convenient (at least for me) if we have that. And oh i forgot, If its also possible to include the time along with the date, it will surely be good. =) - My reason for the Custom Status/Rank display was just, well, for fun. I think there're a lot of the members here who wants to have a custom rank next to their original Ftalk rank too. :D Just to further add some spice for the user info. Im not really demanding on this, but of course i do hope that my suggestion is granted. Thanks in advance Sir. =| :thumbsup:
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: My first public suggestion. =| Sir admin, is it possible to also display the member's last post date on the user infos display along with the avatar, regestered date, number of posts, etc. And also,

I like the idea.. but kinda not agreeing to it.
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: My first public suggestion. =| Sir admin, is it possible to also display the member's last post date on the user infos display along with the avatar, regestered date, number of posts, etc. And also,

:arrow: that's nice. the last post date. but the custom rank. it's good too. as long as the members won't abuse it or use it for flaming/ hate purposes. :eh:
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Same with meng.. I agree with the [i]Last Post Date[/i], that would be quite helpful. But the customized status, I'm not sure.. :cry: Members might abuse the feature. :|
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Like the suggestions mentioned but if the customized caption takes place it may cause trouble for some members. Also the Admin Note: will kinda be over shadowed. =) but for the last post suggestion I give it a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: because it will be more easier to inspected topics that needs attention for members and [b]Moderators[/b]
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Uhm, i need to get clarified. How will the members be able to abuse the custom status feature?
eykalsyamim
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

the last post date is a very good idea..and i totally agree with dat one actually.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Here's what I think... If members have some issues w/ other members they might use that feature. Let's say, they'd put there something nasty about one member. And that could cause flaming and some misunderstandings.
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote=Padme]Let's say, they'd put there something nasty about one member. And that could cause flaming and some misunderstandings.[/quote] Actually my idea of the Custom Status/Rank is like a 'public' Admin Note (Since the Admin Note can only be seen by us Mods). [b]We can limit the characters that can be entered on the custom status (maybe about 20-25 chars), and we wont remove the original Ftalk rank.[/b] Just like my example image i posted above, the custom status is just below my original ftalk rank (Moderator). The custom status is will be just composed of 20-25 chars, so i dont think members will be able to use that as a way to flame others. If i really want to flame others, i might as well use my sig. =| And even if indeed they put something nasty in there, we can always edit them right? [quote=Ephemeral]Also the Admin Note: will kinda be over shadowed.[/quote] The Admin Note and the Custom Status has a different use. We Mods use the admin note for [confidential reasons, for Mods only] =|. You guys know what i mean. But the Custom Status is just a custom status. Even we Mods are fond of putting admin notes on ourselves. But there's actually no use since only us Mods can see it. So why not let the other members see it too.
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Hmm let's see what admin say. =) Cos most of the time that feature is for special members in other forums. Sometimes you have to even pay or contribute to get that feature. Something like this.. see the note below the avatar. TheenDdIctIon donated finacially that's why he got that, hehehe. [img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8711/34344um3.png[/img] [i]Credits to TheenDdIctIon at FSC.[/i]

Last edited by Padme (2007-06-27 01:33:44)

aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ Sorry for the offtopic: ate pad. from what forum is that pic?
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=FoRsAkEnKiD]The custom status is will be just composed of 20-25 chars, so i dont think members will be able to use that as a way to flame others. If i really want to flame others, i might as well use my sig. =| And even if indeed they put something nasty in there, we can always edit them right?[/quote] :arrow: if that's the case, I agree. Characters must be limited, :thumbsup:
admin
» FTalkManiac

I've implemented your suggestion, not exactly the same but I hope its ok: - Instead of last post, the user last login time (last visit ) is displayed under post number. Hover it to see the exact time. - A new field called 'caption' has been added (User CP > Personal) with 25 character limit. This caption will be displayed below the avatar (not above it like on your example picture)
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

hmmm what will be the punishment if they put harmful words in the captions?
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=aRies04991]^ Sorry for the offtopic: ate pad. from what forum is that pic?[/quote] It's from FSC.. :D Thanks btw to admin for adding the feature. =) They look crowded though, but it's ok.

Last edited by Padme (2007-06-28 01:18:58)

aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Nice one.. this is better for me. thanks Sir Admin [i]and thanks ate pad too[/i]
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote=admin]I've implemented your suggestion, not exactly the same but I hope its ok: - Instead of last post, the user last login time (last visit ) is displayed under post number. Hover it to see the exact time. - A new field called 'caption' has been added (User CP > Personal) with 25 character limit. This caption will be displayed below the avatar (not above it like on your example picture)[/quote] Wow. What you did was even a better implemetation Sir. Thanks for that. =| [quote=eehjhay]hmmm what will be the punishment if they put harmful words in the captions?[/quote] I think the same rules apply to those who put anything 'objectionable' to their signatures or any other member info. We Mods can also just erase the inappropriate captions at the time we find one. =)
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Wow Caption... :cool:
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: nice updates sir! :cool:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » My first public suggestion. =| Sir admin, is it possible to also display the member's last post date on the user infos display along with the avatar, regestered date, number of posts, etc. And also,

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 18:17

[ 10 queries - 0.043 second ]
Privacy Policy