• ARCHIVES 
  • » Paramount has debuted the final full-length trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender today on Apple. Noah Ringer stars as Aang and he's joined by Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Nicola Peltz,

Pages: 1

Paramount has debuted the final full-length trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender today on Apple. Noah Ringer stars as Aang and he's joined by Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Nicola Peltz,

strikerno14
» FTalker
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Paramount has debuted the final full-length trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender today on Apple. Noah Ringer stars as Aang and he's joined by Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Nicola Peltz,

Paramount has debuted the final full-length trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender today on Apple. Noah Ringer stars as Aang and he's joined by Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Nicola Peltz, Shaun Toub, and many others. This is such an epic and unbelievably awesome trailer. I can't frickin' wait to see this now! The effects look fantastic and the story looks great, too. Also, this movie will be in 3D. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joqQgyMbpAM[/youtube]

Last edited by forsakendoll (2010-05-31 08:09:51)

blackmamba
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Re: Paramount has debuted the final full-length trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender today on Apple. Noah Ringer stars as Aang and he's joined by Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Nicola Peltz,

I'm still upset at the fact that they didn't cast [i]Asians[/i] to play the characters' roles. Zuko as a british actor that looks Indian (well, Dev Patel [i]is[/i] indian)? Seriously? D: Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Indians or any race for that matter, but still. The Last Airbender must be Asians! Lmao. Anyway, putting casting aside, the trailers look [b]wicked[/b]. :woohoo: Mr. M. Night Shyamalan, it's time to redeem yourself.
strikerno14
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: Paramount has debuted the final full-length trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender today on Apple. Noah Ringer stars as Aang and he's joined by Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Nicola Peltz,

[quote=blackmamba;#3564641;1273100217]I'm still upset at the fact that they didn't cast Asians to play the characters' roles. Zuko as a british actor that looks Indian (well, Dev Patel is indian)? Seriously? D:[/quote] that really doesn't matter. as long as it is presented beautifully.
forsakendoll
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Found this final trailer of the last airbender in Youtube. I updated first post. Awesome movie. Saw a glimpse of Apa hahaha.
blackmamba
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

[quote=strikerno14;#3564657;1273101163]that really doesn't matter. as long as it is presented beautifully.[/quote] Yes, it matters. For those who like Avatar, at least. One of the great aspects of this cartoon was the characters themselves. You don't see Harry Potter as an asian now, do you? I mean, sure he may be presented beautifully but still.
jddrulez
» FTalker
1969-12-31

cool, im excited to watch this. im a big fan of the animated version of avatar. i think they did great in the movie. thumbs up. :excited:
jamessss:b
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

Aww. Swear, the trailer really amused me. It's really.. AMUSING! One of the coolest special effects, it's one of a kind movie, I guess. :)
strikerno14
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=blackmamba;#3613685;1275497759]Yes, it matters. For those who like Avatar, at least.[/quote] I like avatar...oh wait, scratch that, I LOVE AVATAR: THE LEGEND OF AANG!!! You don't hear me complaining about how asians aren't the on portraying their roles...also, the characters in the series doesn't look asian at all, it's just the language cause chinese letters look cooler than the other ones. [quote=blackmamba;#3613685;1275497759]One of the great aspects of this cartoon was the characters themselves. You don't see Harry Potter as an asian now, do you? I mean, sure he may be presented beautifully but still.[/quote] Nope, cause it was intentionally made as british english, and J.K. Rowling specifically requested that they must cast british people in the movie and no one else. That's why you can't see american dudes or ladies in there.
blackmamba
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

[quote=strikerno14;#3638930;1277287917]I like avatar...oh wait, scratch that, I LOVE AVATAR: THE LEGEND OF AANG!!! You don't hear me complaining about how asians aren't the on portraying their roles...also, the characters in the series doesn't look asian at all, it's just the language cause chinese letters look cooler than the other ones.[/quote] I don't get what you just said. "It's just the language cause chinese letters look cooler than the other ones?" What? :lol3: Well, in Daredevil they even made King Pin black when he wasn't even black to begin with. It's just wrong to see a cartoon character turned into a totally different "live action" version. Having Prince Zuko look like he's an Indian? Come on. They don't have to cast asians per se, but at least get someone that's close to him. @___@ I doubt I'd even think that Dev Patel would be Zuko if they hadn't called him "Zuko" in the movie trailer. Lmao. Well, whatever. I heard that they also changed some stuff. In order to fire bend, you need a source of fire. WTF. Their powers come from the sun. ~_~ [quote=strikerno14;#3638930;1277287917]Nope, cause it was intentionally made as british english, and J.K. Rowling specifically requested that they must cast british people in the movie and no one else. That's why you can't see american dudes or ladies in there.[/quote] Then as a director, M. Night Shyamalan should've done that as well.
cutest08
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Aww. Amusing and Epic. Yeah, why do they didnt include some asians to role some characters to it? :woohoo: Exited, because of Katara :lol3:
strikerno14
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=blackmamba;#3639323;1277334041]I don't get what you just said. "It's just the language cause chinese letters look cooler than the other ones?" What? Well, in Daredevil they even made King Pin black when he wasn't even black to begin with. It's just wrong to see a cartoon character turned into a totally different "live action" version. Having Prince Zuko look like he's an Indian? Come on. They don't have to cast asians per se, but at least get someone that's close to him. @___@ I doubt I'd even think that Dev Patel would be Zuko if they hadn't called him "Zuko" in the movie trailer. Lmao. Well, whatever.[/quote] You mean the daredevil movie? uhmmm, maybe because he fits the description very well?? you know when they make a movie, they just won't say "hey, we're making a movie, let's get this guy to act for us" no, they don't do that, they have to audition first even the most popular ones have to. Some are lucky like Johnny Depp who are friends with Tim Burton that's why almost every movie of Burton, Depp's in it. [quote=blackmamba;#3639323;1277334041]Then as a director, M. Night Shyamalan should've done that as well.[/quote] You don't get it, J.K. Rowling made that book, so in order to make a movie of it, they have to ask permission of the author which is J.K. Rowling, so Rowling only have one condition and that is to put british actors in there and no yankees. Now in the last airbender, Nickelodeon owns the show so so they have to ask permission from them, but nobody asks for a specific request that they should put asians in there. Also guys, can you please stop complaining to put asians in there?? They don't look asians at all!!! And by that I mean they don't look anything like chinese or japanese or koreans.
CuTeUkoi
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

when is the showing here in phils??
strikerno14
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=CuTeUkoi;#3640145;1277467889]when is the showing here in phils??[/quote] wait for it next month
xxBUBBLiExx
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Did they change the pronunciation of the characters' names? I love avatar. And the spfxs in the trailer are so freakin coooool. :woohoo:
naddnadd
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Waa, I can't wait about this movie. When it'll release anyway?
yh3t
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Watched this last week. and I replied to 3 threads saying the cartoon is wayyy better than the movie. amfshdv. :lol2:

Last edited by yh3t (2010-07-08 14:48:13)

jddrulez
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=yh3t;#3649022;1278614743]Watched this last week. and I replied to 3 threads saying the cartoon is wayyy better than the movie. amfshdv. :lol2:[/quote] yeah! definitely agree.. i already watched it & im not really impressed. the special effects are nice but the animated version still the best! Sokka in the movie act differently from the animated one. :P
strikerno14
» FTalker
1969-12-31

I regret that I got excited for this movie. I heard this movie sucked
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Paramount has debuted the final full-length trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender today on Apple. Noah Ringer stars as Aang and he's joined by Dev Patel, Jackson Rathbone, Nicola Peltz,

Pages: 1

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 23:20

[ 10 queries - 0.557 second ]
Privacy Policy