• ARCHIVES 
  • » If your profile does not look good in both of the world's most used browsers, I think you have some work to do :eh: ..or not...it's up to you =| Using this code, you can either balance the look, or ha

Pages: 12344

If your profile does not look good in both of the world's most used browsers, I think you have some work to do :eh: ..or not...it's up to you =| Using this code, you can either balance the look, or ha

shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

If your profile does not look good in both of the world's most used browsers, I think you have some work to do :eh: ..or not...it's up to you =| Using this code, you can either balance the look, or ha

If your profile does not look good in both of the world's most used browsers, I think you have some work to do :eh: ..or not...it's up to you =| Using this code, you can either balance the look, or have 2 completely different looking layouts :cool: Here's the code I'm using: [quote]//this is a shakiro214 production //In cooperation with friendsterTalk forum var css = document.createElement("link"); var browser=navigator.appName; var mic="Microsoft Internet Explorer"; if (browser==mic){ try{ document.createStyleSheet("[b][color=blue]IE_CSS_URL[/color][/b]"); } catch(e){ css.type = "text/css"; css.rel = "stylesheet"; css.href = "[b][color=blue]IE_CSS_URL[/color][/b]"; css.media = "screen, print"; document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(css); } } else { try{ document.createStyleSheet("[b][color=red]FF_CSS_URL[/color][/b]"); } catch(e){ css.type = "text/css"; css.rel = "stylesheet"; css.href = "[b][color=red]FF_CSS_URL[/color][/b]"; css.media = "screen, print"; document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(css); } }[/quote] I think it's pretty much self-explanatory :cool: :thumbsup: Just create a 2nd CSS file, and start editing :penguin: [b][u]Hot Tips[/u][/b] Btw, the [color=green][b]if (browser==mic)[/b][/color] statement can be used for things other than css. Try experimenting. [align=center][color=red]always keep backup files and edit from your ripway account[/color] :wallbash: [/align] [b]credits: Feruzz[/b] - for [i]document.write[/i] work-around :cool: :thumbsup:

Last edited by shakiro214 (2007-10-16 03:20:23)

mherylicious
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: If your profile does not look good in both of the world's most used browsers, I think you have some work to do :eh: ..or not...it's up to you =| Using this code, you can either balance the look, or ha

wew.....im gonna try diz 1..... =)
deys82
» n00b
1969-12-31

Re: If your profile does not look good in both of the world's most used browsers, I think you have some work to do :eh: ..or not...it's up to you =| Using this code, you can either balance the look, or ha

yeah... use the code and wallah! you can say that you are using browser detector.... heheheh :eh:
Refresh/Reload
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

nice shakiro!! :thumbsup: this would be very helpful for members having a hard time making their profile look almost the same both in IE and ff =) keep it up!!
podo
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

dude i tried this!!!! and dis ish the shiiness!!! ur a born genius mhen!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :eh: :D
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

NIce one.. i need to fix my profile in ff i remember. lolz
dale
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

thanks shakiro.. :thumbsup:
baklaako
» FTalker
1969-12-31

wow.. nice.. i better try dis now :D thx foe this^^
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[b]@ jee-ar[/b] your inbox is full, so I'll have to put my reply here :retard: I'm sorry, but that's alot of work :crybaby: I can't help you make a FF CSS bcoz I'm an IE user, so it took me 2 days edit my profile to look presentable in FF. I suggest you do some research or experiments so you can do it yourself. Or you need a FF expert to help you with that :cool:
Sanzo
» n00b
1969-12-31

nice trick bro thnks for sharing ,mine good now both IE and FF
aBBy413
» n00b
1969-12-31

s ds code stl working?? m profile n ff is such a mess.. can sum1 plz tel me wats d prob w/ it?? tnx...

Last edited by aBBy413 (2007-09-29 00:57:16)

brinkster217
» n00b
1969-12-31

how about for the javascript codes that i will be going to separate....help me with the code...Tnx a lot :)
joe1084
» n00b
1969-12-31

we got "multy css fever", everyone use more than 1 css :lol: sorry for spamming :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: btw this is nice trik bro
musicale
» n00b
1969-12-31

tnx.... :thumbsup:
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[img]http://kapatiran.4.forumer.com/html/emoticons/kapatiran/otso.gif[/img] 1st post updated :penguin:
brinkster217
» n00b
1969-12-31

brinkster217
» n00b
1969-12-31

the code doesn't work anymore in FF.. :D
shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

yeah, I guess js isn't working in both browsers anymore :lol: hehe Just updating the post bro :penguin: we're all here for tweaking anyway :cool: :thumbsup: & saving the world edited: urm, scratch that. it does work in FF if you use the embed jslinker w/ the jsloader.swf thingy I'm looking @ my decoy account and the linker works in both IE7 & FF <">

Last edited by shakiro214 (2007-10-16 04:41:20)

MarvacS
» n00b
1969-12-31

code is too long why dont you try dis one <">save as .js extension upload it and put your js here <">copy the code and put it into your favorite music box Advise: always use short codes long codes may cause your pc hang or log just an advise dont be mad at me just giving the right short code thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by MarvacS (2007-10-16 05:58:39)

shakiro214
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[b]@MarvacS[/b] :cool: Yeah, that's the 1 I'm still using on my main profile bro, but I've confirmed with the other members. They said that [i]document.write[/i] codes aren't working with the new js linkers :wasted: *see this [url=http://theftalk.com/t13690-document.write%3F.html]TOPIC[/url]

Last edited by shakiro214 (2007-10-16 05:59:46)

• ARCHIVES 
  • » If your profile does not look good in both of the world's most used browsers, I think you have some work to do :eh: ..or not...it's up to you =| Using this code, you can either balance the look, or ha

Pages: 12344

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 11:55

[ 10 queries - 0.061 second ]
Privacy Policy