• ARCHIVES 
  • » Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

Pages: 123

Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in a non-sacrasstic manner 6. to be more friendly and jolly 6. to set good examples 7. to follow the rules themselves 8. to help the members make FST a better, fun place to be oh I can only think of 8 at the moment. :penguin: ahmmm... members, can you help me add some more puhleez :eh:

Last edited by forsakendoll (2009-12-02 13:05:04)

Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

Good list.. :thumbsup: Coming from the word moderate, meaning mediate; Moderators are around to stand in their positions to keep the discussions in order. We're here to make sure that things don't get out of control. Guided by the forum rules, we help other members follow it. It is our duty to remind others of the regulations we all have to observe. I understand what some members feel. =) Cos I was in that position many times towards moderators. I would feel intimidated or sometimes feel bullied. Specially if I made a mistake, or have said something wrong. Let's just understand that some people have different approaches. People have different levels of understanding and tolerance towards things. And we mods have different personalities, which affects our ways of saying our words. Though we're all different in approaches, we have to go by the book. Were not here to please people, we're here to moderate. But we have to set an example to others, while we do our job. If anyone has a problem with a moderator's actions, It is preferable that you contact the moderator involved directly. Should an unresolved problem arise with the actions of a moderator, That's when you contact admin for review and investigation. Hope that helps...
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

good list sis.... =) but judgng is subjective... it'll reli depends on how dat person see d mods... =) anwy.. bcoz of ur list, maybe mods will now know dat sumtyms ader mmbers are reli offnded by them.. :wallbash: (undrstnd my englsh plz)
`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

is it possible to stick this suggestion thread so that members will always read about ate Padme's post above?
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Oh and may I add few more. 9. For moderators not to abuse thier powers 10. To be wiser than being [or trying to be] smart 11. Not to be stupid (coz really, there are some) :o . :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-09-30 10:16:29)

cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

@frolick, maybe u can put ur addxns to ur furz post.... @mizel... actually not only miss padme's post but also frolick's... =)

Last edited by cUtiEshika (2007-09-29 23:39:35)

frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

oops sowee sis, I forgot to just edit the first post hihihih
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

[quote=frolickfriendster]Oh and may I add few more. 9. For moderators not to abuse thier powers 10. To be wiser than being smart 11. Not to be stupid (coz really, there are some) :o . :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:[/quote] nice reminders here.. anyway.. im one of the stupid mods u mentioned maybe.. :wallbash: il try to use your guidelines.. so that il be an effective mod.. :D
jagcopra
» FTalker
1969-12-31

what happened to Mr. Frolick?, why is he cursed? not following rules? acts that offended a moderator or by this thread, some mods are affected? @topic, As I can see. Not only moderators do some of this action, but members to. But members are just members. They are just, let's say, low level, Like me. We don't have that specialty moderators have. They are called Moderators not for Rank, Fame, or other reasons that I didn't/forgot/can't mention. As Padme mentioned, every moderators have different approach on things. Example, there are moderators that uses some harsh words to teach a member a lesson. Some uses soft, nice words to get along with the member. And so to avoid less communication with moderators. Moderators are/must be approachable. They are the ones who we must turn to if we have problems about the forum, etc. They act like Vice- Admin. Because they must maintain the cleanliness and control of this forum. And if you found a corrupt Moderator, first, try to talk with the moderator him/herself. If he/she still doesn't look like to be friendly, contact Admin to take the control. Moderators also must follow rules, because they are the higher than the members rank here. I mean, they act like big brothers and big sisters regardless of age. They should act to show a good example to others. To show that moderators can be trusted, and they have good attitude. You can't moderate others if you can't moderate yourself. I like the list you posted Mr. Frolick. But every people have their uniqueness on their attitude. But still, hope that they are showing members a good example. Get my point? =3
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

No you're not Xav. LoL. Im telling you that you are not stupid. I have been reading your helpful posts at the help and tricks and tutorials sections since I joined FST few months ago and you have been doing a great job as a member and as a moderator. It's good to know that a mod like you can "try to use" a cursed member's guidelines. Two best qualities in a leader (or moderator, for that matter) are the abilities to listen and empathize. Keep it up! :thumbsup: BTW, in response to Jag's post, may I add one more suggestion for mods: 12. To be versatile in their approaches with different members in different situations :penguin:

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-09-30 10:10:04)

xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

[b]@frolick[/b] ow.. thank you .. :D :thumbsup: anyway.. [b]@jagcopra[/b] frolick was cursed because of some other issue and not because of this thread.. :lol: but i dont know who cursed him.. :wallbash: [b] @topic[/b] i hope admin can make this a sticky one.. its not just good for mods but also to the members.. =) because in a forum, it's impossible if all members are moderators.. :lol: [i]"You can't be a good leader if you're not a good follower."[/i] :thumbsup:

Last edited by xavierkym (2007-09-30 10:31:24)

meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: ^ and what issue was that? coz i dont see any report on the curse list =|
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

One more additional suggestion for mods: 13. To practice what they preach (especially those mods who flaunt their preachings on their signatures)
chika.symphatica
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[img]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5046/chika6fe5.gif[/img] :penguin: [color=#99ccff][font=Papyrus]uniquely_symphatica_mae[/font][/color] :penguin: [img]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5046/chika6fe5.gif[/img] [color=#99ccff]♥♥•[/color] [color=#ff99cc]yeah i hope admin will stick dis topic..to remind da mods and members... yeah ur ryt..xav is a great and helpful mod..ryt xav :eh:.. great job frolick :thumbsup: ..nice list :eh: :idea: padme wow dats nice :o :wow: :thumbsup: [/color] [color=#99ccff]•♥♥[/color] [url=http://profiles.friendster.com/chikasymphatica][img]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd298/bienbee/bsymphaitcamae.gif[/img][/url] [url=http://theftalk.com/t11176-Link-Button-Request.html][color=#ff99cc][font=Papyrus][b] :arrow: click here for link buttons request :wow:[/b][/font][/color][/url]
melancholic
» FTalker
1969-12-31

yeah i agree with ate padme at frolickfriendster, some moderators are too intimidating.. please try to be more approachable ; others make fun of you when you made a simple mistake.. :crybaby:
cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

lolz.. mods...??? r u fyn now..?? :D actually,i hope mods wont be offnded wid dis topic.. atleast, u hav now d ideas on what ader mmbers feel towards u.. mods are great help to this forum.... but sumtyms ader abuse der powers.. :D [b]can i add..?? [/b] [b]ader mods reli make me feel stupid... as f im an idiot.. [/b]:crybaby:
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

[quote=meng.o3]:arrow: ^ and what issue was that? coz i dont see any report on the curse list =|[/quote] uhmm.. frolick was using harsh words in the trick and tutorial section.. and he did that in two threads i think.. :wallbash: hehe... ryt frolick?? hehe.. im just being honest. anyway.. until now i dont know who cursed him.. :/ tsk tsk.. :thumbsdown:
melancholic
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=cUtiEshika][b]can i add..?? [/b] [b]ader mods reli make me feel stupid... as f im an idiot.. [/b]:crybaby:[/quote] yeah me too, is it because im a friendster newbie? literally :cry: esp. when they use the :lol: emoticon and :wallbash:

Last edited by melancholic (2007-09-30 15:23:34)

frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=xavierkym][quote=meng.o3]:arrow: ^ and what issue was that? coz i dont see any report on the curse list =|[/quote] uhmm.. frolick was using harsh words in the trick and tutorial section.. and he did that in two threads i think.. :wallbash: hehe... ryt frolick?? hehe.. im just being honest. anyway.. until now i dont know who cursed him.. :/ tsk tsk.. :thumbsdown:[/quote] Yeah right Xav. Well I do admit that I can really be outspoken, frank, direct to the point and tactless. I look at the "substance" of the posts that I am replying, criticizing or commenting to not the person (Well, unless provoked or you attack me personally first then I will certainly retaliate). Like I said, we should all learn to accept comments and criticisms from others the way we love to accept praises. I praise people who I believe are deserving to be praised. I criticize people who I believe should improve more. I remember I criticized Ken (Marfillaster) once and I never saw him backfired in the forum. Such a nice kewl guy with the right kind of attitude. The next time he came back to the forum, he did what I suggested in my comments and suggestions. He came back with a new version of his script now with an official version number and on a separate thread to avoid confusion. I also criticized Feruzz (a mod) kinda harshly. He never backfired, just said he was leaving...but eventually came back with updated scripts. Boy, I didnt waste time to praise Feruzz... and call him "master" ...and I mean it. I myself would love to be criticized (whether objectively or not) because I know I have a lot to improve that a single lifetime is not enough. I know that there are so many flaws in me that I need to corrrect or improve and I would only know what those flaws are if people would tell me, criticize me. Now regarding "who" cursed me for "what" without being in the records... I do really think that it is a clear indication of a power tripping from a certain mod. No PM warning, no records... what else can I say?

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-09-30 16:10:04)

xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

^ don't worry. i removed the curse. [quote=admin][b]How to curse a member?[/b] [b]1.[/b] ******PRIVATE******** [b]2.[/b] Send him a notification message: - The reason why he get the cursed status - How long the cursing period [b]3.[/b] Post the info here(at backstage) [b]4.[/b] ******PRIVATE********[/quote] The mod who cursed you disobeyed admin's notice. =| too bad.. :thumbsdown: That is why.. i have the courage to remove the curse. =)

Last edited by xavierkym (2007-09-30 16:53:08)

• ARCHIVES 
  • » Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 15:25

[ 10 queries - 0.025 second ]
Privacy Policy