• ARCHIVES 
  • » Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

Pages: 123

Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

I really like padme's explanation. thanks to her i would explode. dude, why not summarize all those points into one? "be a perfect moderator" kinda hard though? but what can you expect? we are all volunteer here. some were referred by other moderators. we dont get any money here. anyway, i know you are sometimes prank. but you must know your limitations. as padme said, we all have different point of views. like me, honestly i tried to support your criticisms but of course i must not stay on one side. after some complaints related on you from the members, i decided to study what are your purposes? yeah, u said you are just trying to make others to improve, but your doing it wrong. too harsh words and criticisms wont help them and you either. again, i like to repeat what padme said, "we are here to moderate, and not to please people" we are not perfect. if anybody have a problem to any moderators, try to confront them via PM or YM. or better if you can approach other moderators. i treat other moderators/colleague as my friends, brothers and sisters. i know how to get on their level and talk to them. but thank you very expressing your thoughts and feelings. this is what you called a feedback
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

Well, I'd like to add suggestions for this thread (that I started, btw) as I go along. To summarize it as "be a perfect moderator" is something vague, less credible, and suggesting an impossible. lol Now lemme add another suggestion to the mods (wow the list continues :wow: ): 14. Not to be confrontational, but rather be peacemakers and peacebringers. "Blessed are you peacemakers for you shall be called children of God"
ezil2007
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Aww.. nice feedback on moderators frolick :D it will help me a lot in near future i think ;)

Last edited by ezil2007 (2007-09-30 22:01:42)

frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Why Ezil? Are you planning to be a moderator here or somewhere else? I'm not discouraging you, but just to remind you that the responsibilities can be heavier (and tougher) than the privileges, the title or rank and the [presumed] popularity. Good luck and nice to know that my guidelines can be helpful to you in the future. =)

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-09-30 22:12:50)

eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

hahaha i know u got that last point from my posts. well if u really know me, u probably think twice about me. this is the first time i come between arguments that made me sick and stress out. if you like to express your thoughts, then this is mine, you think you are better than the other people here. criticizing and making them feel low level people and stupid. like what you commented on one tutorial. if you like me to quote that post of yours, i can search for it for u.
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

No thanks. Ive left that thread a long time ago before I wrote this thread called "suggestions for mods" :cool:
silentmaiden
» n00b
1969-12-31

yeah they are intimidating. just because they are mods
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=frolickfriendster]1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in a non-sacrasstic manner 6. to be more friendly and jolly 6. to set good examples 7. to follow the rules themselves 8. to help the members make FST a better, fun place to be[/quote] Isn't it better if members will also be like that right? and not only mods? coz i know there are a lot of members who also needs to be like that
em0chiq11
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ i agree with you nix.. =) :thumbsup: [i]a lot of members are not following the rules..[/i] i have no suggestion for the mods.. :paranoid:

Last edited by em0chiq11 (2007-10-01 04:17:37)

frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

@aries: Well, this thread was specifically started and written as suggestions (and actually for the purpose of reminding) for mods becoz ive seen so many reminders from mods to members all the time everywhere in the forum that I thought it's time to do it the other way around too. :thumbsup: Sort of reminding everyone that [some] mods do [and can] break rules too themselves. =)

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-10-01 04:44:41)

mz-akira
» n00b
1969-12-31

[b]tnx!sis frolick your list is right :D :thumbsup: [/b]
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

I cannot even saw any specified names here! I don't know who are those arrogant and blah blah mods and members :ninja:
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

@reversedge: This is not a thread for pinpointing individuals and naming names. lol I would be on fire if I do that. lol These are suggestions, reminders, guidelines... or perhaps, tips. =)
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

It's only my expectation, I'm not demanding you to pinpoint anybody!
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

oh I see... :retard:
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Well.. we're all learning something here. Like what eehjhay said, there is no perfect moderator. Only there is room for improvement, just exactly what frolick is suggesting. And like what I said, it's a good list. These suggestions can surely help guide all moderators. And it will give members an idea what being a mod is about. So there's something for everyone to ponder about w/ regards to moderating.

Last edited by Padme (2007-10-01 16:36:17)

prettywoman
» FTalker
1969-12-31

I agree :thumbsup: some of mods here is abusing their powers, I have no evidence, but I can feel it ;)
'-'LoisFuLL'-'
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^you have no evidence, so please don't accuse, us, moderators. We are all doing our job. Its not easy to be a moderator. =|
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Dear Admin, This is gonna be my last post in this thread. I hope you make this a sticky thread as reminders to your helpers - the mods. This is my contribution to this forum (which I have been really enjoying the past few days) and I thought it was time to give back something to the forum. I started this thread when I got kinda a lil upset when a mod power tripped on me. Cursed me without notifying me and without leaving any trace as to who he/she was and what the reasons were, and how many days will the curse last. I wished then it was you admin, so that I would be at peace with myself. And I hope you gonna close this asap before sourgraping and bitterness would get crowded in this thread. To the mods: keep on improving and strive to be better moderators, if not...the best! Finito.

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-10-02 04:59:03)

ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ How dramatic you naman kuya :crybaby: I know you had the same feeling with Cip! Mod change his ava caption in something against to his personality. Their is really one mod who loves to that malicious thing :evil: Whom ever you are please stop those non sense hobby okey :evil:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Original title: [i]suggestions for mods[/i] 1. not to be arrogant 2. to be more helpful and charitable 3. to be more objective and less subjective 4. to be less intimidating 5. to be more humorous in

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 16:02

[ 9 queries - 0.030 second ]
Privacy Policy