• ARCHIVES 
  • » back when i wasnt still a Moderator, me and ateh meng were acually on an investigation about a case of an FTalk member who uses other account(s) to boost his Reputation Points. im sharing this report

Pages: 123

back when i wasnt still a Moderator, me and ateh meng were acually on an investigation about a case of an FTalk member who uses other account(s) to boost his Reputation Points. im sharing this report

admin
» FTalkManiac

Re: back when i wasnt still a Moderator, me and ateh meng were acually on an investigation about a case of an FTalk member who uses other account(s) to boost his Reputation Points. im sharing this report

I've made some small modifications, now a newbie (< 2 weeks and < 100 posts) can't give a reputation point to other member. Hope this could make it more difficult to abuse the reputation system.
`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

Re: back when i wasnt still a Moderator, me and ateh meng were acually on an investigation about a case of an FTalk member who uses other account(s) to boost his Reputation Points. im sharing this report

^ Oh yeah, it's great! He/she has no choice but to spam to gain # of posts but, he'll eventually get cursed! Haha =D Thanks for that sir. For more info, [url=http://theftalk.com/t2310-Cursed-Status-Feature.html]go to this thread.[/url]
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=admin]I've made some small modifications, now a newbie (< 2 weeks and < 100 posts) can't give a reputation point to other member. Hope this could make it more difficult to abuse the reputation system.[/quote] Yaaaayyy! Thank you Sir... finally!
aysbeaux
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=admin]I've made some small modifications, now a newbie (< 2 weeks and < 100 posts) can't give a reputation point to other member. Hope this could make it more difficult to abuse the reputation system.[/quote] yea. those newbies who boost their reps are so unfair! and besides, what's the point of boosting their reps if they don't even post anything here? anyway, thanks admin! and again, you're the man! LOL.
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: [b]now that's cool! :thumbsup: [/b]
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

A very nice update of forum security keep it up sir admin :D
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

The person who'll give repu should have sensible reasons.. btw i just knew the changes on giving repu. thanks admin! no one will cheat their repu now. hehe =D
tikboyoyoy
» FTalker
1969-12-31

LOL (spamming) haha... btw thx admin :wallbash:
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Ok. Here's another case. Actually, i shouldve posted this a long time ago, since this case was the very first Reputation Abuse Case that i had studied. This happened last Feb 10-11, 2007. But i wasnt still a Mod at that time, i was out of resources. But now, i already confirmed this.. Here was a member who also did the Reputation Abuse Method.. its [b]james_cuteoo2[/b] --> First thing's first. let's go to [url=http://theftalk.com/profile.php?id=1573]James' User CP[/url]. Let's view his [url=http://theftalk.com/reputation.php?uid=1573&p=2]Reputation Points History[/url]. On page 2, you should be able to see this: (http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/riev0ne/ftalk/jam_rep.jpg) Let's take note of the info we gathered: Username: ayah-&hearts; Topic: My Mp3-codes. REQUEST SOME. Date of the +Rep addition (2007-02-10 16:15:48) --> Next, will go to [url=http://theftalk.com/profile.php?id=3354]ayah-&hearts; UserCP[/url]. Take note of the infos: Email: iyah_cute22@yahoo.com Registered: 2007-02-10 (210.213.68.133) Last post: 2007-02-10 16:18:25 Posts: 2 We have found Ayah's IP when she first registered (210.213.68.133). So let's [url=http://theftalk.com/admin_users.php?show_users=210.213.68.133]show more users who had used the same IP address as Ayah[/url]. What do we get? we found two users sharing that very same IP add--Ayah and James. --> Now let's look at [url=http://theftalk.com/admin_users.php?ip_stats=1573]James' IP Stats[/url]. That's quite a long list of IP adds we see. But with a few scroll downs, we bump into this: (http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/riev0ne/ftalk/jam_ipstat.jpg) Again, take note of the infos: Date: 2007-02-10 16:26:53 Analysis: -> Ayah's email - i couldnt find some personal infos about Ayah. i used her email to search for her in Friendster but found no matches. FTalk members who doesnt have Friendster accounts are rare. So we can assume that the said email was just a 'fake' email. And the names also suggest something -- iyah_cute22 and james_cuteoo2... how cute2.. :eh: -> The Date - "What a coincidence!" I must say. Feb 10 was the date when James posted the [url=http://theftalk.com/t1704-Mp3-codes.-REQUEST-SOME..html]My Mp3-codes. REQUEST SOME[/url] thread. It was also the very same day that Ayah was created. It was also the very same day that Ayah commented on that thread and gave James a +Repu. It was also the very same day that both James and Ayah had used the same IP addresses. So there, based from above, its obvious that Ayah was just created and used by James to improperly boost his Repu Points, which is not allowed in FTalk and is indeed punishable. I took the liberty in 'cleaning' James' Repu Points History. Even some of his +rep's were 'begged' from other members, so i deleted them. I do hope that i did the right thing.
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Wow.. Charlieeeee! That was a very very good detailed report. IDOL! Hmmm.. I see that James has just been cursed, tsk tsk. Hopefully this will be a lesson to him.
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ lol Pad :D heheh. finding that out wasnt really that hard, since its really quite obvious. i just presented the proofs. Gonna look for some other suspicious looking pips :ninja:
`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

^ Wow, great nii-chan!
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[img]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q279/jsesbreno/4321412312342134.jpg[/img] [img]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q279/jsesbreno/324535242.jpg[/img] You thought they were only two now the're three :D
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ Oh no!! :O i hope they won't be four or five next time :lol:
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Oh dear~ :( So he's got another account. You know what, no wonder he never wanted to reveal himself to me. Been talking to him on Friendster, me and Jesrhel. He's okay really, only that he's doing this. It's sad...
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Its ok, as long as he doesnt use the Repu Abuse method. =| Seems that we cant do anything about that for now.
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Well this one's a case of abusing reputation. check this: [url]http://theftalk.com/reputation.php?uid=5882[/url] notice that ALL of those plus reps came from DirTyBoI_RuzzeL.. and there's a report that these two are only one person. well it's already obvious actually

Last edited by aRies04991 (2007-06-04 10:16:08)

FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ How bout contacting Dirtyboi and asking him about that matter? But if that is really confirmed, then a reputation points reset will be done. =|
admin
» FTalkManiac

The reputation system has been modified with the following additions: - Extended reputation timeout. A user can only change 1 reputation every 24 hours. - Spread reputation. A user couldn't change reputation of other particular user over and over again. - IP rules. If both users have the same IP address the couldn't change each other reputation. The system not only checks the post IP but also the user's registration IP. All the conditions above were working well when I tested it. Please let me know if you find any error with the reputation system. ;) --- About DirTyBoI_RuzzeL (and for any other reputation abuse case), please go on with your investigation and you may reset the reputation to 0 if necessary.
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Thanks admin! nice update for the reputation system.. well i think ftalk members should know about this update =)
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » back when i wasnt still a Moderator, me and ateh meng were acually on an investigation about a case of an FTalk member who uses other account(s) to boost his Reputation Points. im sharing this report

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 08:44

[ 11 queries - 0.063 second ]
Privacy Policy