• ARCHIVES 
  • » I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

Pages: 12

I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

nimiel
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

to ^ they do need comments.. but not the typical great, wow, etc.. they don't need one or two words, they need to expand.. spam: wow great!=) not: Wow, thanks for this, it's great! Although, you may want to blah....
xavierkym
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Re: I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

I think FriendsterTalk Forum is one of the forums that I have joined with just a short and brief explanation/enumeration of Forum Rules. Therefore easy to understand, if I may say. Before anyone registers in this forum, it is expected that you have read the Rules of the forum. That is why, sometimes without any warning, stup*d members :D will automatically :norose: ... lol By the way, below the Forum Rules. You can read this line: [i]Registering to become a member is your explicit acknowledgement that you agree and will abide by these rules.[/i] PS: Always remember [i]"There is no government like no government."[/i] [spoiler]If you hate RULES then go home and box you father.. :lol:[/spoiler]

Last edited by xavierkym (2008-03-21 21:02:58)

kimyasay10
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Can't You click report Button? or I mean [b]What's the purpose of the moderators here?[/b] It is the Mods responsibility and it's the members fault duh. they do not even read the rules when registering (some) Duh. and yeah the code/layout makers or etc. will be happy to receive comments. in their topic right?
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=Black Rose Dying]I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamming. I hope they would be given a warn or their post would be deleted, as it just makes those tutorial topics so long (with lots of pages). Its so hard to find important informations. Like questions asked by members, and specially, the corresponding answers. I suggest people would only post if what they would say is REALLY important, like suggestions and questions. Now I know some of you would say, "but what if we are really grateful that he made the code I've been looking for a long time?! what if we really wanna thank him?!" If you are really thankful to the person that made the code, its better to message him. He would more appreciate it. Than just posting the same "thanks nice codes blah blah blah" that almost everyone does.[/quote] I completely catch your drift. I kinda dislike those users who keep posting, one lined comments said on the rule here... http://theftalk.com/t3652-Rules-Tricks-Tutorials-Revised.-%22Spammers%22.html The bad thing is we can not manipulate members, due to we humans have our own rights and messing around with members is a bad thing, as much as possible we try our best not to put members in a leech. Anyway in your personal opinion, how can we properly deal with those one lined comments to the author or the idea of the author? I, myself, already tried many ideas and alternatives to prevent the concept but, of course it always ends up me deleting the post of the users. I may try the idea, deleting all one lined repeat post and comments but, I think it isn't a proper idea due to, I will look rude to some users. They give thanks and I'll delete it. Kinda rude right? [b]On your opinion[/b] what is the proper solution to this? As the one making a feed back you should have at least one idea right? The PM Idea you gave is superb idea though but, on your opinion again. How do we redirect the user to PM the author for his/her gratitude rather than posting. We already have a rule. http://theftalk.com/t3652-Rules-Tricks-Tutorials-Revised.-%22Spammers%22.html Only few comply, so what's the best solution? Member manipulation? Strictness? or some other alternative.
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I agree with ephemeral comments, its is hard to determine if a user is sincere in expressing their gratitude or simply trying to up their post counts. Yes, some are so in ur face that it is easy for the moderators to take care of their repeated post, but in general the one line comments would be extremely hard to remove without hurting the feelings of those that are honestly thankful.
kimyasay10
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ ^ agree with ephe too.:thumbsup:
lilprincess950
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[quote][b]Black Rose Dying:[/b] If you are really thankful to the person that made the code, its better to message him. He would more appreciate it. Than just posting the same "thanks nice codes blah blah blah" that almost everyone does.[/quote] I'm sure he/she would not want his/her inbox full with "Thanks",ect... And what if the topic starter would not have his PM mode on?That's why we have mods to clear the spams.This forum is not perfect,no website is perfect.But I still respect your suggestion.=|
Black Rose Dying
» n00b
1969-12-31

ephemeral - have you, mods, added new stuffs in the rules? I mean, I saw some rules I haven't seen before, eg.: [quote]Everyday we can see members' name in every new posts in this forum section. And if we check their every new posts, they're all the same such as 'Thanks!', 'Nice codes, thanks!', 'Thanks for sharing!', etc. Come on? These guys can also be called as spammers. We all know that they are only trying to increase their total post counts. They're not really giving compliments on the code contributors. They're being rude.[/quote] If so, then thats a good job. If it was there before, then I'm afraid I failed to see it. But I'm quite sure something has changed in the rules.
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

You're right the rules have changed a bit, as you can see on the date when the post was edited. Also... eehjhay added that rule as you see... [quote][b]Added by: [/b][i]eehjhay[/i] Kindly refrain from posting "1st one to comment or post, thanks!" because it will be considered as spam also make sure your reply has a meaning. Practice the proper ideas of replying in a certain topic. I know some will be abhor this idea idea and loathe me for it but, I am just trying to help you guys in terms of English and vocabulary. It's better to understand a topic well before complying replies.[/quote] As you can see on the [b]Added by:[/b] This is what I have added recently. I am just supporting eehjhay's idea and added some details. [b]Added by:[/b] [i]Ephemeral[/i] [quote]Kindly refrain from posting "[b]1st one to comment or post, thanks![/b]" because it will be considered as spam also make sure your reply has a meaning. Practice the proper ideas of replying in a certain topic. I know some will be abhor this idea idea and loathe me for it but, I am just trying to help you guys in terms of English and vocabulary. It's better to understand a topic well before complying replies.[/quote] Also I modified a post by adding proper hr bbcode so eehjhays reply and mine won't mix. <">As you can see it is based newest to oldest separated by the hr tag. [hr] Anyway regarding the topic... In a point of view, you will fail to see the rules in effect, because this is an active forum and all day round spam is generated 24/7. [b]Some[/b] new members and even [b]old members [/b]do not read rules right? Anyway do not expect high expectation in terms of forum cleanliness because I assure you all active international based forums experience these problems. Also we mods are human too, and we have a need to sleep. This is a international based forum and we all have different timezones making it hard for some mods who have different timezones to spot a spammer red handed. Hope you get the drift.
Black Rose Dying
» n00b
1969-12-31

Ah, its good. Atleast, now mods have the right to really warn people who post something short like those. Because before, we don't have those rules here, making those spammers have their reasons that their not breaking a rule. But now they really are. Hmm... How about make an announcement that there are new added rules, that might help so more people would notice it. If there already is, disregard this suggestion. Yes I do understand that, we have different timezones, and yes people would not stop that easy, hmm... as a suggestion, I think mods must be really strict on implementing these rules so people would take those rules seriously. So even if mods are not online, some spammers who had receive a warning would be afraid to spam again, leaving these forums: less spammed. aight.
CoWoCuPu
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

wut does moderator going to do if we see a spawn and we report it to them... are they going to ban the person who spawn in the thread or something like that?! :wallbash:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I notice that when someone made a tutorial, there are tons of people who post something "great, thanks, nice code :thumbsup:" or other similar to that. Its rather annoying and obviously its just spamm

Pages: 12

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 06:03

[ 9 queries - 0.036 second ]
Privacy Policy