• ARCHIVES 
  • » I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

Pages: 123

I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

skyfire14
» FTalker
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were useless .. the point is, just to be organize , I mean since we want a [b]fresh[/b] and [b]well organized [/b] forum !! that's all.. =) :arrow: if you strongly disagree, agree or no comment,, no trouble its just my suggestion.. and I won't be offended by your comments .. or maybe :)
Linniie
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

Re: I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

yey, i think tats right, if much ppl who just joined, but never active :D especially d newbie wit 0 post :wallbash::wallbash: but i think better *if this will be aproved* we just deleted newbie wit 0 post, and was regist more than 5 month *tats to loong??* coz i think if they're not a newbie or was get post in here, i think someday they will back here agen =) thats just my opinion :D:D:D
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

Re: I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

That's wrong use of term. I prefer to use "expire" rather than "delete"
regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

yup expire?? like maling. hehe.. i think mods should pm them and if they dont respond to the notice.. "expire" them
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: there was an issue with regards to the deletion of the inactive members before. but admin preferred to leave it that way. i'll try to see if the thread is still here..
eehjhay
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

@meng what if a member wasn't able to login Friendstertalk for about 5 to 7 months or more?
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: admin have some emotional attachment to the members :wow: lol. anyway here: [quote=admin]_+katrina+_ and others, thank you for your suggestion. However in my opinion it's good to keep all the members, so we can keep track off all people who's been registered, including active and inactive members. Because FriendsterTalk is open for everyone, I think for a member to register just to copy the codes is not the case, since guests and other people are also able to access the forum without need to register. Some people maybe register only to get a member status and they're not really interested on the discussion in the forum. Well thats OK, because [b]registering in a website/forum is also a way to show your support. We really appreciate anyone who have joined and became a member, each and every member is very important regardless their activity in FriendsterTalk.[/b] I hope this clear for everyone, and thank you once again. :) By the way, I've just added the number of active members on the forum index (board information).[/quote] http://theftalk.com/t4861--%2Bsuggestion-those-members-active%2B-.html i dunno if you have same thoughts, but suggestions are kindah similar =)

Last edited by meng.o3 (2008-03-10 09:58:21)

skyfire14
» FTalker
1969-12-31

I see =) sorry i didn't know that somebody already posted this suggestion .. I think most inactive members forgot their usernames or passwords (passwords are fine because you caan retrieve,, but usernames i don't think so) well.. i think admin's reply quoted by meng answered the question :)
+d4RkLoRd+VoLd3mOrT+
» n00b
1969-12-31

btw..how about those NONSENSE members? i saw some post like [b]i just wana show my lay to the world.... etc etc [/b] and then when u opened that thread theres nothing u can see. i saw more than one post in that similar manner and the posters are the noobs,. i think they just register here to post nonsense topics.. on my opinion inactive members should NOT be deleted coz maybe they have their reasons and maybe they'll just busy on something. like for exampe I myself..although i want to be so active here Im a busy DARKLORD so mabe there are times that i will not visit this site (about a month or couple of months?) well, that my point. i think those nonsense posters (esp those who have a few post and most of that few post are nonsense) THEY must be the one should be deleted. one way to get rid of SPAMMERS! [b] =D im gonna EAT them alive![/b] i dont know if somebody open this suggestion or similar to this,.. this is just what im thinking ayt now.. -d4RkLoRd+VoLd3mOrT+ will go back his dungeon =D

Last edited by +d4RkLoRd+VoLd3mOrT+ (2008-03-10 23:08:43)

meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: as what admin said, they won't be deleted. but if you have problems with these spammers, you can use the report button and necessary actions will be taken. they can be cursed or banned. depending on the gravity of their violation
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I thinks the better way is to add and expiration date to an account example 200 days. =) for 0 post accounts and 2 years active to non-active accounts but, I think the 1st one 200 days thing-y is better. :wallbash:
skyfire14
» FTalker
1969-12-31

yes ... exactly! expiration date is great idea.. i think that's better than deleting ! =)

Last edited by skyfire14 (2008-03-11 12:54:21)

cUtiEshika
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[quote=Ephemeral]I thinks the better way is to add and expiration date to an account example 200 days. =) for 0 post accounts and 2 years active to non-active accounts but, I think the 1st one 200 days thing-y is better. :wallbash:[/quote] yeah.. and send an e-mail notification of expiry to dat person..
kimyasay10
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Even Mods if they are not active expire their accounts.
harvii
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=kimyasay10]Even Mods if they are not active expire their accounts.[/quote] Mods that are/were inactive have their own personal life as well. So I think that's the reason for that. It's not necessarily to expire their accounts. Instead, admin will get rid of their Moderator status to a normal one depending on their no. of posts.

Last edited by ' 'eMokIdD (2008-03-13 21:45:59)

ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

I thought my account here is already expired hehe:D
kimyasay10
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=ReversEdge]I thought my account here is already expired hehe:D[/quote] Welcome back
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=kimyasay10][quote=ReversEdge]I thought my account here is already expired hehe:D[/quote] Welcome back[/quote] Domo arigato gozaimas' ohh I mean thank you very Kimkim", It's been a long time since I was gone for some sort of school thing. As for now i'm still on progress", Anyway, have a pleasant day to everyone:)
kirksydney
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

All members here, regardless of their activity levels, are part of the Friendstertalk family. So, I don't think deleting their accounts is a good idea. :D
nimiel
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Yah.. they should be "expired" Becoz they're not even logging in..
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 17:49

[ 11 queries - 0.033 second ]
Privacy Policy