• ARCHIVES 
  • » I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

Pages: 123

I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

I doubt! In your part it's easy to say those words.
aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

About the deleting inactive members thing: [quote=admin]Deleting an account from the database will affect many topics, because each account is connected to the posts made by that particular user/account.[/quote] about the expiring inactive members thing, i can't get it actually. what do you guys mean by expire? how is that? i'm thinking it would also end to deleting of accounts.. :wallbash:
karuro72002
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

^yeh! dats true! Admin is True! it will really affect Post! =)
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

What maybe the outcome of this forum if mr. admin will delete all inactive members?! :D Maybe it will turn just like Payatas :lol:
skyfire14
» FTalker
1969-12-31

anyways .. thanks for your reactions.. expiring the accounts would be a good idea ..

Last edited by skyfire14 (2008-04-06 13:05:51)

viperhydra89
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=' 'eMokIdD]Mods that are/were inactive have their own personal life as well. So I think that's the reason for that. It's not necessarily to expire their accounts. Instead, admin will get rid of their Moderator status to a normal one depending on their no. of posts.[/quote] emokid is rite... Everyone got their own reason of being inactive for quite a while.. That's surely not excluding me.. Even i myself got something more necessary to get settled ASAP.. Got more errands to run...
ohivnsuipo
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=skyfire14]I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion [b]if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted[/b] .. 'cuz they were useless .. the point is, just to be organize , I mean since we want a fresh and well organized forum !! that's all.. =) :arrow: if you strongly disagree, agree or no comment,, no trouble its just my suggestion.. and I won't be offended by your comments .. or maybe :)[/quote] [i]look at the word that i bolded[/i] i disagree with ya... :D [quote=ReversEdge]I thought my account here is already expired hehe :D[/quote] look at thiz one... :thumbsup: still think they should be deleted :question: :eh: ~[i]edited[/i]~ [quote=skyfire14]wow :o ! twr ! anyways. thanks for your reactions guys I was just wondering why.. so now I have the answers !! :thumbsup:[/quote] oh my god... :wallbash: you already have the answer... =D

Last edited by ohivnsuipo (2008-04-04 07:19:49)

jugitz
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

actually if you just notice ftalk is getting crowded..:wallbash: there are other members that are just abusing this site like just getting codes and after that dump this site as if nothing... e-mail those inactive members if they want still to visit this site..
HiLyNkAwAii
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[quote=jugitz]actually if you just notice ftalk is getting crowded..:wallbash: there are other members that are just abusing this site like just getting codes and after that dump this site as if nothing... e-mail those inactive members if they want still to visit this site..[/quote] [b]^^^ Ur right!!![/b] =| ..at first im not in favor on this deleting thingy but how about this one? :( I often experience this lately... [img]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q152/HiLyN_aNnLy/error.jpg[/img] Eftok is getting too crowded... knowing that some here are already a so called [b]extinct[/b] members..i mean those who will not open their acct again for good,.its possible here.. iff ull compare the no. of total members to the nos. of those actives.. =| i just added my opinion coz of the pic above... i cant connect on eftok,. :wallbash: and that one always appear on my screen :wallbash: BADTRIP AYT?!

Last edited by HiLyNkAwAii (2008-04-06 08:52:20)

ohivnsuipo
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=HiLyNkAwAii][img]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q152/HiLyN_aNnLy/error.jpg[/img][/quote] oh my [b]GOD[/b]... :O i often seen like tatz.... :/ what is it all about ? :wallbash:
HiLyNkAwAii
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

i dont know wats that stuff is all about..it just says.. eftok already has the max no. of active members.. @T hmmm i dont know whats the best but i think its better if we get rid of some [b]permanently extinct[/b] members
dheetiij's
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ i experiecne that also last night but i just ignore it,^^ :wallbash: :wallbash: [quote]admin wrote: Deleting an account from the database will affect many topics, because each account is connected to the posts made by that particular user/account.[/quote] I totally agree to your sir admin but what if delete those member with [b]Zero (0)[/b] post and not an active anymore???i just wonder coz the total number of member is almost 100 thousand and the active only is almost 18 thousand..!
ohivnsuipo
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=tjayvalrose_02]^ i experiecne that also last night but i just ignore it,^^ :wallbash: :wallbash: [quote]admin wrote: Deleting an account from the database will affect many topics, because each account is connected to the posts made by that particular user/account.[/quote] I totally agree to your sir admin but what if delete those member with [b]Zero (0)[/b] post and not an active anymore???i just wonder coz the total number of member is almost 100 thousand and the active only is almost 18 thousand..![/quote] okay i agree with you... but what about me ? i'm a [i]pro[/i].. i have many member with [b]Zero (0)[/b] post and not an active till now ? [i]edited[/i] ~ what is my rank will become if sir admin deleting that accounts ? =|

Last edited by ohivnsuipo (2008-04-08 02:34:59)

HiLyNkAwAii
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

... well.. there are so many accts here w/ [b]ZERO[/b] ...posts... but why not for those hu have less than 10 or 5 post? is that making a big difference?
yakuza49
» n00b
1969-12-31

How about trying to make it like in Ripway, that accounts are automatically removed without logging in for a week. Inactive members should have an expiration of maybe...... 8 to 12 something I guess.
HiLyNkAwAii
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

awts... thats impossible :O :D [quote][b] admin wrote: Deleting an account from the database will affect many topics, because each account is connected to the posts made by that particular user/account. [/b][/quote]
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=ohivnsuipo]still think they should be deleted :question: :eh:[/quote] As I remember 3 months or 90 days without loggin' in, your account is automatically will expire like an perishable goods :| and also what read with those previous posts, I think staff added some preservative/s to those who had many post here without loggin' in here in ages! Well anyway I don't think we have standard rules in this forum!
jugitz
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

sometimes i can't connect bcoz maybe ftalk is too crowded..:disgust:
skyfire14
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=ohivnsuipo]oh my god... :wallbash: you already have the answer... =D[/quote] yup i have the answer why accounts cant be deleted.. don't be rude.. [[ =D ?? ]] @topic.. well just like the others i experienced that kid of problem several times bu maybe its just our browsers.. :)
jagcopra
» FTalker
1969-12-31

so loooong.. my account is still alive!! glad that this forum is not like a sim card that needs to be loaded in order to avoid expiration or something.. haha.,. thought i got deleted.. same as reverseedge .. :D regarding to the topic well, there are many reason why members become inactive or less active. Schools + lovelife + family + finances + rice price hike + oil price hike + water price hike + mountain bike + disregard the mountain bike + dota + RO + your time sitting on the corner thinking about nothing and nothing to do. I don't know if you'll be active with that. Like me, i'm busy with my school things, I have to set my priorities. Like doing first what must be done. If you decided to expire/delete them, you've just started to lessen the people around here. I mean, now they don't have any issues with this forum because they deleted/expire you. They will become a guest again and just get the code they wanted. No more people to talk to.. so I think this will not help.. there are many points to view. gl on your suggestion though :p
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I noticed that there are tons of inactive members in this forum ,, just a suggestion if those members weren't using their account for how many years I think they should be deleted .. 'cuz they were us

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 19:54

[ 11 queries - 0.027 second ]
Privacy Policy