• ARCHIVES 
  • » Yah you probably had seen a few of the [i]pimped[/i] Friendster Blogs who have chatboxes or mp3 players or any other 'external objects' on them (like Stat Counters, Link Lists, Embeddable Videos, Java

Pages: 12345678..8

Yah you probably had seen a few of the [i]pimped[/i] Friendster Blogs who have chatboxes or mp3 players or any other 'external objects' on them (like Stat Counters, Link Lists, Embeddable Videos, Java

FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Yah you probably had seen a few of the [i]pimped[/i] Friendster Blogs who have chatboxes or mp3 players or any other 'external objects' on them (like Stat Counters, Link Lists, Embeddable Videos, Java

Yah you probably had seen a few of the [i]pimped[/i] Friendster Blogs who have chatboxes or mp3 players or any other 'external objects' on them (like Stat Counters, Link Lists, Embeddable Videos, JavaScripts, etc). So you think having one on a Blog is cool? wanna have one on your Friendster Blog too? Its actually very easy. Interested? Very well then, let me be your Guide... I bring you my tutorial about [b]Pimping Your Friendster Blog with Custom Typelists[/b]. Im sure other tutorials about this have been written already, but im just gonna give you my own version (since Ive also had received quite a lot of messages on my inbox asking about this topic). So enough talk, let's begin.. [b]STEP 1:[/b] First off, the most important requirement is that you must have created a Friendster Blog. Ok, so if you already have one, please proceed to the next step. If you havent made a Friendster Blog yet... What?! where have you been? Ok, so please go make one. I think i dont have to explain it here on how to make an FS Blog right? But just a reminder, make sure you have decided well about the URL of your FS Blog, since you'll never gonna be able to replace the URL once you have already made the Blog (ex: if the url of your blog is themostn00bisheverofall.blogs.friendster.com, then you'll never gonna be able to change it, forever..), unless of course you delete your Blog and start over again the process of making one :wasted: . [b]STEP 2:[/b] Log-in to your Friendster account. Go to your [url=http://blogs.www.friendster.com/t/app/weblog]Blogs Management page[/url]. You should have something like this on your screen: [img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9151/tlboxedii3.jpg[/img] Now, see that one that i boxed? Yah the word that says [b]Typelists[/b]. Click that one. [b]STEP 3:[/b] Now you are in the [b]Blog Typelists[/b] page ([url=http://friendsterhelp.blogs.com/faq/typelists/index.html]more info about Tylelists here[/url]). This feature of the FS Blog is actually the key element about this tutorial. We are goin to make a custom Typelist that would contain our chatbox/flash mp3 player/etc. Back to the tutorial.. now on your screen, you should have something like this: [img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9695/newtluz5.jpg[/img] To create a custom Typelist, press the dropdown button and choose [b]Link[/b]. Name it with anything you like. For this tutorial, were going to put a flash mp3 player on your blog, so you can name this Typelist as [b]My mp3 Player[/b] for example. Confirm the creation by clicking the [b]Create new list[/b] button. [b]STEP 4:[/b] Now on your screen, you should have something like this: [img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8944/addlt7.jpg[/img] Dont put anything on the text field, just click the [b]Add[/b] button. [b]STEP 5:[/b] You would then be on this screen after that: [img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2526/notesks7.jpg[/img] See that [b]Notes[/b] part, there is where we are goin to place the codes of our mp3 player (its like the [i]Media Section[/i] of [i]editprofile[/i]), so lets just set that page aside for now. Open another internet browser and go to a site that has flash mp3 players (ex: loudfusion.com, myflashfetish.com, etc). After creating an account and having your playlist ready, get the [b]embed code[/b] of your mp3 player. Now place the code you have to the [b]Notes[/b] part of the custom Typelist that you had just made. Save your settings by clicking the [b]Save and Update[/b] button. [b]STEP 6:[/b] After the confirmation, you have something like this: [img]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7645/cnfgtlyf2.jpg[/img] Now click the link that i boxed. It will take you to your [b]Typelist Configuration [/b]page. Scroll down a bit and look for this one: [img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/665/dntexthb0.jpg[/img] Choose [b]Display notes: As text[/b]. You dont have to touch the other options on this page. Click the [b]Save Changes[/b] button afterwards. [b]STEP 7:[/b] Congratulations! You had just made a custom Typelist with a flash mp3 player on. Now all that is left to do is to make that typelist to appear on your Blog (since a newly made Typelist is hidded from your Blog page by default). So now go back to your [url=http://blogs.www.friendster.com/t/app/weblog]Blogs Management page[/url] (or whatever you call that). You should have something like this again: [img]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1217/eddesignec7.jpg[/img] Click the [b]Edit Design[/b] link. You'll see something like this: [img]http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8954/cntentdj3.jpg[/img] Go to [b]Content[/b]. Now you see a list of your Modules that you want to appear in your Blog page. Scroll down below and you should see the label of the newly made Typelist and its corresponding unchecked box beside it, like this one: [img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8934/appeartlew9.jpg[/img] Check the box. Save your settings. [b]STEP 8:[/b] Viola! Now you had just made the newly created Typelist, namely a flash mp3 player, to appear on your Blog page! Gratz! The same process is done in putting a chatbox, or a stat counter, or a video, etc, on your Blog. Just create the corresponding custom Typelist for every external object you want to place on your Blog page. [b]STEP 9:[/b] Hmm.. some final polishings.. you might want to arrange the order of the Modules and Typelists, so just go to the [b]Order[/b] section of the [b]Blog Design Configuration[/b] page. And also, the maximum width of the custom Typelist for two-column layout is about 195-200 pixels, and for a three-column layout its about 170-175 pixels, but im not that sure about those figures, so just adjust the size of the flash player or the chatbox to fit the size of the Typelist. You can go to [url=http://xharles_zhadow.blogs.friendster.com/forsakenkid/]My Blog Page[/url] for a preview if you like. Whew! There you have it. I hope I had helped someone somewhere. Pls post your questions if you have any, cuz again, there might have been some important things i had missed on the process. \m/, (//_^) .\m/
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: Yah you probably had seen a few of the [i]pimped[/i] Friendster Blogs who have chatboxes or mp3 players or any other 'external objects' on them (like Stat Counters, Link Lists, Embeddable Videos, Java

Wow nice trick man! :D
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: Yah you probably had seen a few of the [i]pimped[/i] Friendster Blogs who have chatboxes or mp3 players or any other 'external objects' on them (like Stat Counters, Link Lists, Embeddable Videos, Java

Much appreciated~ Awesome tutorial Charles! Now if I can only start my blog haha! :lol:
blackwhiskey_28
» FTalker
1969-12-31

i should try this one!!the tricks in [b]FM[/b]didnt work out for me!!! :D very nice... can someone give a code for scrollable entries in the blog??
DirTyBoI_RuzzeL
» FTalker
1969-12-31

I can't get it, would you do it for me?
stabbedheart
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

nice tutorial man! thanks! how about the chatbox? how can we add that in our blog?
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

@Eph: Heheh. Thanks. Its always nice to share. @Pad: Yeah, i wonder why you dont have a blog. I have read some of your movie reviews once, why not post them on a blog? =) @bw: Hmm.. though i havent really tried them, i think the tricks in FM works well, like this for example: <">credits goes to sir [b]dark'angel[/b] of [url=http://friendstermagic.forumzen.com/]FriendsterMagic[/url]. @ruzzel: hmm.. really? maybe i need to simplify my tutorials then. Which part did you not understand? @stabbed: pls refer to [b]STEP 5[/b] of my tutorial above. Instead of putting the [b]embed code[/b] of the mp3 player, you can place there the code of your chatbox instead, like the cbox code for example.
blackwhiskey_28
» FTalker
1969-12-31

kuya charles what is your suggested reso of a youtube video...also in the playlist im planning to put an imeem playlist for my blog...can you also suggest the right reso to fit in my blog??? [url=www.imeem.com]imeem[/url]
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote=blackwhiskey_28]kuya charles what is your suggested reso of a youtube video...also in the playlist im planning to put an imeem playlist for my blog...can you also suggest the right reso to fit in my blog???[/quote] Reso? You mean the dimensions right? I made the dimensions of my YouTube video to 200 by 200, height and width respectively.
blackwhiskey_28
» FTalker
1969-12-31

thanks very much ill do my add ons right away...yes i mean the dimensions.....
^_goonglover_^
» FTalker
1969-12-31

this is really nice..i will give it a try^^
LoVesKi
» n00b
1969-12-31

[b]Forsaken: I Followed all your instructions on putting a mp3 player sa blog and i did it kaya lang yung mp3 skin bakit kalahati lang ang lumalabas what should i do to fix that? Thank you so much...I'll be waiting for your response :) [/b]
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ Heheh, cud you pls give a link to ur blog page pls, i wud just like to know what mp3 player you are using. Uhm, also, pls refer to Step 9: [quote]STEP 9: Hmm.. some final polishings.. [b]the maximum width of the custom Typelist for two-column layout is about 195-200 pixels, and for a three-column layout its about 170-175 pixels[/b], but im not that sure about those figures, [b]so just adjust the size of the flash player or the chatbox to fit the size of the Typelist[/b].[/quote] =) :thumbsup: edit: And oh by the way, pls post in English. Heheh. :D

Last edited by FoRsAkEnKiD (2007-04-26 05:48:20)

~Abie~
» FTalker
1969-12-31

myc one kuya...keepp it up!
blackwhiskey_28
» FTalker
1969-12-31

what is your best recommende dimension for an imeem playlist...for the link please refer to post8 of this thread
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ As what i have said above, you can vary the dimensions as long as the width does not exceed 200px if you are using a two-clumn layout. If you are using a 3-column layout, the width should not exceed about 170px.
LoVesKi
» n00b
1969-12-31

[b]You've added me already on your friendster...may name there is '''SHAWIE'' thanks I'm using a pinks hello kitty that looks like an ipod on my Blog...I also Tried Step: 9 5 times and still my mp3 player skin is not showing right :cry: thanks for adding me also...I'll wait for your response :)[/b]
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ Again, ill ask for the link to your blogpage, to save the trouble of having to search for you on my list of friends. =)
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Just a friendly reminder :D Always republish your blog after editing/adding media stuff :P
LoVesKi
» n00b
1969-12-31

[b]hi Bro Forsaken, This is my Blog url: http://shawie.blogs.friendster.com and as u can see my mp3 skin is not showing right I Followed all your instructions many times but i have the same results every time...I've also adjusted the size... pls help me thanks in advance :crybaby: [/b] [b]Bro Ephemeral I did republish my blog after I edited them...thank you for that reminder [/b]:)
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Yah you probably had seen a few of the [i]pimped[/i] Friendster Blogs who have chatboxes or mp3 players or any other 'external objects' on them (like Stat Counters, Link Lists, Embeddable Videos, Java

Pages: 12345678..8

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 07:31

[ 11 queries - 0.054 second ]
Privacy Policy