• ARCHIVES 
  • » Guys have you check the latest speeches of the two presidential candidates Obama and McCain? I’m just wondering if you already seen it and what's your opinion about their speeches? Actually im referri

Pages: 123

Guys have you check the latest speeches of the two presidential candidates Obama and McCain? I’m just wondering if you already seen it and what's your opinion about their speeches? Actually im referri

_KiaAsakura_
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: Guys have you check the latest speeches of the two presidential candidates Obama and McCain? I’m just wondering if you already seen it and what's your opinion about their speeches? Actually im referri

[b]McCain[/b] four words: TRUE and not a Hypocrite. :rolleyes:
Deviantangel
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: Guys have you check the latest speeches of the two presidential candidates Obama and McCain? I’m just wondering if you already seen it and what's your opinion about their speeches? Actually im referri

I believe that Obama is a really good leader. It will give African Americans to finally earn there respect by Obama being the president. The never ending war has to stop and McCain is someone who supports the war. From the very beginning I knew that Obama is better. =)
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

i was so disappointed when obama got the democratic nomination. when hillary lost the nomination, i knew and i know until today that the next president coming to the white house will be a republican. im a democrat, but will not vote in november. my vote wont go for any of the two lesser evils. i will let my other fellow americans decide.
Kaygee :3
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

i prefer obama :ninja: :arrow:
lizzie9201
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

i really like obama=):thumbsup: He's a good guy!
GeeLiuBee
» n00b
1969-12-31

to be honest, I really don't know if they've done good to their country for the past few years but I feel I like Obama :wow: WOO!
jmichaelthe21
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

i'll go for obama... mccain will lose..;]
lalalalalalala
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=sugarstyx_x]personally, i think obama is a total fake, rude, arrogant individual.. from news & interviews, he would change his words around by having 2 opinions, name-calling hillary & McCain.. being rude to people that look up to him. & McCain, is just another mask behind the scene.. he seems too good to be true. Hillary should have kept her game on.[/quote] I agree with this. I've been watching three international channels namely CNN, Fox News and Bloomberg daily. I've been seeing Barack Obama has been aggressively bluffing himself to the public. He's just showing theories, not facts. He didn't even passed a bill. He's making his speeches impossible to happen. Lowering the taxes? Increasing SSS benefits? Remove outsourcing businesses? Just how would it really happen? They can't even give an exact answer for the Wall Street issue. If they remove the outsourcing, a lot of people will lose their jobs especially in the Philippines. This will trigger more people to urge to get abroad. The blacks can't even help themselves. If you were a call center agent, you will even get frustrated because of their accent. Things will revert to its previous position and make everything complicated. Not only the Americans but other people around the world will suffer. Sure, McCain has a possibility to continue Bush's term because of his background from the military but I believe that he understands more on how to get into war. He hates war. He wouldn't go there just because he wants to. He went to the war because he wants to stop it. He even experienced being injured really hard during the war. Do you think he would want people get injured like he did? Of course not. United States has been suffering because the people had been abusing their resources which had result from debt. [quote=Infamous J]^ Obama is fake, rude, and arrogant? :O I suggest you watch some news clips and interviews with John McCain :eh: Then after you watch them, tell me who's more arrogant and rude? And who has lost grip on reality....you think another 100 years of war in Iraq is key to human survival.....you think gas prices should go up even more than they already have?....you think the United States should continue it's path toward s destruction?....then support McCain.[/quote] You just tell SOME of McCain's speeches unlike Obama that has ALL his speeches really arrogant. How ironic, you just described Obama with your reply. Your just focusing with the war in Iraq.
joedazh
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=menikmatic]All i can say is, who ever is the best liar, wins.[/quote] yeah ur right to that! :D:D:D
tap13
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

well yaup!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and I'll go with Obama!! the First African-American President!!!!
gengskie
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

i like obama to be the president... for the vp, sarah palin! :D
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Whoa. Sorry this is so long, but this is a passionate issue of mine. I'm very opinionated and strongly so, but I do not mean any disrespect. Hope you don't take it that way. [quote=lalalalalalala]Lowering the taxes? Increasing SSS benefits? Remove outsourcing businesses?[/quote] :arrow: Lowering the taxes on the middle-class, and then raising taxes on those who make more than $250,000 per year. It's a damn good idea. :arrow: Not sure about the SS benefits, but yes, removing outsourcing businesses which is especially important for Americans, such as myself. Too many of our jobs get sent overseas and in our current economic crisis (we have also lost 159,000 jobs last month). :arrow: Obama plans to lower the taxes on the middle class by closing "needless" spending in other projects that are not really needed and closing loopholes that allow extra tax benefits for the rich. That's how he will be able to lower the taxes. [quote=lalalalalalala]If they remove the outsourcing, a lot of people will lose their jobs especially in the Philippines.[/quote] I do not mean for this to sound rude because I have many Filipino friends who I love and care about but......Americans need to worry about OUR country first, rather than the rest of the world. We have a lot of employment problems here, as well, and we need to fix it (I know it's not as bad as in the Philippines but our unemployment rate here is now the highest it's been in decades). Yes, American companies need to limit the outsourcing of our jobs so that we can get our economy back on track. We can't worry about the Philippines or any other place in the world when it comes to jobs. Sorry. [quote=lalalalalalala]This will trigger more people to urge to get abroad.[/quote] Again, I do not mean to sound rude....but that is not our "problem", you know? The Philippine government needs to also work harder (or the "people" need to step up and change the system there) to create a better government so that it does not rely so heavily on outsourced American jobs and companies. No offense, again. [quote=lalalalalalala]The blacks can't even help themselves.[/quote] That sounds like a kind of racist statment, sis. =| What makes you think that "blacks" can't help themselves? There is a black man running for president. :lol: I think you must only go with what you see/read in the media. There are just as many whites who cannot "help themselves". And under that reasoning.....it leads me back to the "jobs" issue. Maybe, like I said above (by stepping up) that the people of the Philippines need to find a way to better themselves and help themselves, too. You know? [quote=lalalalalalala]but I believe that he understands more on how to get into war. He hates war.[/quote] He does not hate war. He has supported the war in Iraq from Day 1. Yes, he knows about war because he was in the military and was a POW but that can also leave him open to "hate" of other people. He has also made some very demeaning statements towards Obama, even referring to him as "that one" instead of treating him as a human being. He has also "joked" about bombing Iran. [quote=lalalalalalala]He went to the war because he wants to stop it[/quote] Not exactly. Actually, he stated that he would stay in Iraq for 100 years if necessary. I'm sorry, but it's time for that reckless war to end and for the Iraqi people to take control of their own country. [quote=lalalalalalala]United States has been suffering because the people had been abusing their resources which had result from debt.[/quote] I beg to differ. Our debt is from mortgage lenders "persuading" people to buy homes that they could not afford in the first place. Also, we are spending 10 billion dollars each month on that reckless war in Iraq while the Iraqi government has a surplus of 50 billion dollars. [quote=lalalalalalala]You just tell SOME of McCain's speeches unlike Obama that has ALL his speeches really arrogant.[/quote] You must not have seen the debate 3 days ago. Find the debat on YouTube and tell me if John McCain is not a racist, arrogant and angry old man. I lost all respect for John McCain on that night. You fail to talk about any of John McCains bad points, instead, you choose to bash Barack Obama. Do you know that John McCain will raise taxes on the poor and middle class and create MORE tax breaks for the rich? Do you know that John McCain only met Sarah Palin (his vice presidential running mate) only 1 time before picking her? Wouldn't you want to know just a little bit more about a person for picking them for such an important role. And she is a joke. It was a political tactic because Obama did not pick Hillary Clinton. Strictly a tactic, it was not for the country's own good. I can go on and on and on for days about this....I'll be happy to do so via PM if you wish. Why does John McCain change the subject when it comes to the economic crisis here? It's because he doesn't know how to handle it. Like just a couple days ago....the McCain campaign brought up old news about a former associate of Obama (William Ayers), who, 30 years ago was considered a terrorist. Since then, though, he separated from the "terrorist group" that he was a part of and is now a distinguished professor at the University of Illinois. Obama met this guy in the 90's. McCain is making this an issue against Obama, however, McCain fails to mention that a man (forget his name) who works FOR William Ayers is a lobbist that works FOR John McCain. So....under that reasoning, if Obama is a "terrorist", then isn't John McCain, too?? Also, McCain never talks about the fact that his campaign is run by 30+ lobbyists for big oil companies who earn tax breaks for their support, meanwhile, during our economic crisis the oil companies continue to make record profits while the average American suffers. He also supports tax breaks for companies who outsource jobs across the world while here at home we are losing jobs in record numbers. You probably have not heard, too, that Sarah Palin's husband was a member of the Alaska Independence Party which was a radical group pushing for the succession of the state from the United States and there is a possibility that Sarah Palin herself was a member, too. McCain also supports the Bush Doctrine, which allows preemptive strikes against other nations and allows "illegal" wiretapping of ANYBODY who is thought to be a terrorist whether there is evidence of it or not. Did you know that John McCain voted AGAINST making the bombing of abortion clinics a federal crime?? Wow, that's just like supporting murder, huh? For someone who is opposed to abortion, it's ironic that he would "seem" to support the murder of doctors who perform abortions. And why is it that John McCain has resorted to "bashing" and negative campaigning instead of talking about the real issues that Americans care about?? I'll answer that question....because he is NOT putting his country first and he is more concerned with winning an election than changing the ills of America. I have to touch on two more points of yours, also..... [quote=lalalalalalala]I've been seeing Barack Obama has been aggressively bluffing himself to the public. He's just showing theories, not facts.[/quote] John McCain has been doing the same thing. Bluffing and lying. Did you know that McCain accused Obama of wanting to teach kindergardners about sex education just a few weeks ago?? WTF?? There was no basis or truth to it....that's a fact, and that's not a made up story. Search for it. In the last debate, McCain came up with a "theory" of how he would help the economic crisis.....but gave no details or facts of how he would actually do it. At least Obama tell you how he plans to do it. If you can show me something (during this campaign) where McCain laid out a real "plan" and "details" about his "promises" then I'd be very happy to see them. But I think you would have trouble finding any. =| [quote=lalalalalalala]He didn't even passed a bill.[/quote] You're right. Because 1 Senator cannot pass a bill. To pass a bill requires the SENATE to pass it. A majority of the senate. No one single person can pass any bill. He has supported many, though, as has McCain. Here's anohter funny fact....Sarah Palin did not know what the Bush Doctrine is. Basically, the Bush Doctrine gives the president permission to launch preemptive military attacks on other countries. You would think that Palin, a mother of a soldier who was just deployed to Iraq, would know what that is, huh? If I (an average American) knows what the Bush Doctrine is, you would think a Governor who is the "commander in chief" of the Alaskan National Guard [s]would[/s] should know what it is too. Wow, she's really ready to be president if something should happen to McCain. John was really thinking about what's best for America when he picked her. :rolleyes: [b]Some "bluffs" by John McCain (these are facts, not made up)[/b] [spoiler]McCain proposed to write down the amount owed by over-mortgaged homeowners and claimed the idea as his own: “It’s my proposal, it's not Sen. Obama's proposal, it's not President Bush's proposal.” But the idea isn’t new. Obama had endorsed something similar two weeks earlier, and authority for the treasury secretary to grant such relief was included in the recently passed $700 billion financial rescue package. McCain misstated his own health care plan, saying he’d give a $5,000 tax credit to “every American” His plan actually would provide only $2,500 per individual, or $5,000 for couples and families. He also misstated Obama’s health care plan, claiming it would levy fines on “small businesses” that fail to provide health insurance. Actually, Obama’s plan exempts “small businesses. McCain lamented that the U.S. was forced to “withdraw in humiliation” from Somalia in 1994, but he failed to note that he once proposed to cut off funding for troops to force a faster withdrawal. McCain exaggerated Obama's votes to increase taxes. McCain: Sen. Obama has voted 94 times to either increase your taxes or against tax cuts. That's his record. He’s getting warmer — the first time we dinged him for this one, he said Obama voted 94 times to increase taxes, which is way off. He's now saying it's 94 votes either for increased taxes or against tax cuts. But that's still misleading. Seven of the votes were for lowering taxes for most people while increasing them on a few, and 11 votes were for increasing taxes only on those making more than $1 million a year (not "your taxes" except for a very few.) McCain repeated an error he made in the last debate when he said, "In Lebanon, I stood up to President Reagan, my hero, and said, if we send Marines in there, how can we possibly beneficially affect this situation? And said we shouldn't. Unfortunately, almost 300 brave young Marines were killed." In fact, McCain wasn't elected until three months after the Marines had been deployed. He did vote against the post-hoc War Powers Act authorization of the deployment; Reagan signed it into law in October 1983, 11 days before a suicide bomber set off a blast that killed 241 servicemembers in their barracks. McCain tripped up on one of his signature issues – special appropriation “earmarks.” He said they had “tripled in the last five years,” when in fact they have decreased sharply McCain repeated his overstated claim that the U.S. pays $700 billion a year for oil to hostile nations. Imports are running at about $536 billion this year, and a third of it comes from Canada, Mexico and the U.K. This was just a few. As I said, I can go on for days. Seems like John McCain does just as much "aggressive bluffing" that you accuse Barack Obama of doing. :eh:[/spoiler] I notice on your user info that it seems you still reside in The Philippines. I suggest that before you make such strong statements that you do some thorough research and not base your statements on what you see/hear in the bias media outlets, for example CNN and FOX NEWS. You only see the superficial issues and soundbites, ear candy in the media. You have to dig a little deeper to get the whole story. I do not deny that Barack does some "bluffing" (because ALL politicians and campaigns do) but McCain does just as much, if not more. I'm not really sure why you have such a negative view of Barack Obama, but it seems you really despise him, as I do to John McCain. The truth is, although I have "leaned" toward Obama from the beginning, I was persuadable until the debate 2 nights ago. McCain completely lost any chance of swinging my vote that night. Anyway, seriously, though, I would not make such strong statements about your government as I am not there and do not hear the whole story of every issue. What I know of the Philippine government is just the superficial issues and such so I would think you would not make such strong, blatant and blanket statements about the campaigns of two Americans. Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, but without knowing the whole truth....you can easily offend someone with those kinds of statements. No hard feelings to you, but I had to interject my opinions. Hope you won't hold it against me.

Last edited by Infamous J (2008-10-10 01:33:48)

dhen2x
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I agree with bro jesse :thumbsup: of corz, american will more focused on their country before the other country like phil. (as well as im' a filipino) they have also a lot of problem regarding in economy and politics. regarding in employment, that's our problem. for the two candidates, i'll prefer for obama. i don't want to judge mccain but [b]for me,[/b] obama is a good leader... :thumbsup:
lalalalalalala
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=Infamous J]I do not mean for this to sound rude because I have many Filipino friends who I love and care about but......Americans need to worry about OUR country first, rather than the rest of the world. We have a lot of employment problems here, as well, and we need to fix it (I know it's not as bad as in the Philippines but our unemployment rate here is now the highest it's been in decades). Yes, American companies need to limit the outsourcing of our jobs so that we can get our economy back on track. We can't worry about the Philippines or any other place in the world when it comes to jobs. Sorry.[/quote] What I'm referring is your economy does affect other countries around the world. A lot of businesses around will merely shut down just because you're closing the right for them to decide on what they do to improve your economy. You think of losing your jobs? Why don't you look at yourselves first if you really deserve getting a job? People are getting so lazy that they can't even help themselves and now when someone is giving your opportunity to others, you get so mad with it. Look at those outsourcing businesses' remarks about other countries, they are getting more successes because of the quality they get. I've heard a lot of people complaining to us that we're stealing your jobs and it hurts to know it. You should go first to improve yourselves to show other people that you OWN these jobs. That's just an immoral way of thinking, it's very selfish and irrational in my part. [quote=Infamous J]Again, I do not mean to sound rude....but that is not our "problem", you know? The Philippine government needs to also work harder (or the "people" need to step up and change the system there) to create a better government so that it does not rely so heavily on outsourced American jobs and companies. No offense, again.[/quote] Like you, when we hate our government, we decide to work on our own. Sure, it's not your problem but when you get old and no one wants to help you in a nursing home because a lot of nurses has stopped going abroad to work for you, I bet you realize how bad "thinking of your own problem only" is. If your hoping to other nurses around in your country, do you really think someone will give you more hospitality than we do? Are you sure in this state of your country you will gain more help from less amount of nurses? Our government has seen nothing wrong with these American companies. What makes you think we should? [quote=Infamous J]That sounds like a kind of racist statment, sis. =| What makes you think that "blacks" can't help themselves? There is a black man running for president. :lol: I think you must only go with what you see/read in the media. There are just as many whites who cannot "help themselves". And under that reasoning.....it leads me back to the "jobs" issue. Maybe, like I said above (by stepping up) that the people of the Philippines need to find a way to better themselves and help themselves, too. You know?[/quote] That's funny. You're interpreting all my sentences one by one. I'm not being racist, that's because Obama has stated that he will give more jobs to blacks and I'm just stating the facts from what I know. You sound like your defending yourself here, mister. Don't push the talk in other way around. Let's include the whites or even the Americans can help themselves, does that sound good? You yourself already mentioned about that jobs issue. Look up and read it again for my reply, if you want. [quote=Infamous J]You're right. Because 1 Senator cannot pass a bill. To pass a bill requires the SENATE to pass it. A majority of the senate. No one single person can pass any bill. He has supported many, though, as has McCain.[/quote] Of course I know that, but did he even proposed something to convince the Senate to pass it? No. [quote=Infamous J]Here's anohter funny fact....Sarah Palin did not know what the Bush Doctrine is. Basically, the Bush Doctrine gives the president permission to launch preemptive military attacks on other countries. You would think that Palin, a mother of a soldier who was just deployed to Iraq, would know what that is, huh? If I (an average American) knows what the Bush Doctrine is, you would think a Governor who is the "commander in chief" of the Alaskan National Guard would should know what it is too. Wow, she's really ready to be president if something should happen to McCain. John was really thinking about what's best for America when he picked her. :rolleyes:[/quote] A lot of people won't even bother to think about the Bush Doctrine. If that's how simple the doctrine was, what's so complicated with that? I agree that Bush has overdone this but it doesn't mean that McCain will do the same. I believe this doctrine is made to defend your own country from other countries terrorizing your state, can't you see anything positive for that? No wonder you can't even understand McCain. For me, it doesn't really matter how often you meet a person for you to be convinced to pick her. If you know she's really good and you can see it from her state, why would I even bother? I don't think it would be a bad idea. [quote=Infamous J]I notice on your user info that it seems you still reside in The Philippines. I suggest that before you make such strong statements that you do some thorough research and not base your statements on what you see/hear in the bias media outlets, for example CNN and FOX NEWS. You only see the superficial issues and soundbites, ear candy in the media. You have to dig a little deeper to get the whole story.[/quote] Then I suppose not posting here, don't you think? I'm saying my opinion but thanks for correcting me even if I'm not fully convinced. You vote for Obama, I vote for McCain. I say you should carefully think first before typing what you said. We don't know each other to judge, anyway. [quote=Infamous J]Some "bluffs" by John McCain (these are facts, not made up)[/quote] I don't really care about his answers about Obama. People get a lot of mistakes too, you know. These are just answers from the issues and I believe Obama will do the same. [quote=Infamous J]I do not deny that Barack does some "bluffing" (because ALL politicians and campaigns do) but McCain does just as much, if not more. I'm not really sure why you have such a negative view of Barack Obama, but it seems you really despise him, as I do to John McCain. The truth is, although I have "leaned" toward Obama from the beginning, I was persuadable until the debate 2 nights ago. McCain completely lost any chance of swinging my vote that night. Anyway, seriously, though, I would not make such strong statements about your government as I am not there and do not hear the whole story of every issue. What I know of the Philippine government is just the superficial issues and such so I would think you would not make such strong, blatant and blanket statements about the campaigns of two Americans. Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, but without knowing the whole truth....you can easily offend someone with those kinds of statements. No hard feelings to you, but I had to interject my opinions. Hope you won't hold it against me.[/quote] You got mad from earlier post and now you say you will be sorry if you hurt me? Nah, this is just a debate, I assume? I admit I go for McCain and it's natural for me to say the negative facts of Obama, I guess? You go for Obama, I go for McCain. One can't change their decisions if they already sticked with a thing, right? Same goes for me. [quote=Infamous J]Anyway, seriously, though, I would not make such strong statements about your government as I am not there and do not hear the whole story of every issue. What I know of the Philippine government is just the superficial issues and such so I would think you would not make such strong, blatant and blanket statements about the campaigns of two Americans. Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, but without knowing the whole truth....you can easily offend someone with those kinds of statements. No hard feelings to you, but I had to interject my opinions. Hope you won't hold it against me.[/quote] I say you don't have the right to criticize my country coz this is about the debate for Obama and McCain. Have you forget that? I'm sorry if I offend "someone" but this is an opinionated matter regardless from which country we came from. I guess you're getting off the hook. Honestly, I'm getting mad because of your post including my country. But yeah, this is just a topic. I don't know about you.
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[spoiler][quote=lalalalalalala][i]What I'm referring is your economy does affect other countries around the world. A lot of businesses around will merely shut down just because you're closing the right for them to decide on what they do to improve your economy. You think of losing your jobs? Why don't you look at yourselves first if you really deserve getting a job? People are getting so lazy that they can't even help themselves and now when someone is giving your opportunity to others, you get so mad with it. Look at those outsourcing businesses' remarks about other countries, they are getting more successes because of the quality they get. I've heard a lot of people complaining to us that we're stealing your jobs and it hurts to know it. You should go first to improve yourselves to show other people that you OWN these jobs. That's just an immoral way of thinking, it's very selfish and irrational in my part.[/i] :arrow: Yes, our economy does affect the global economy. Another reason that our economy is on the decline is because the American workforce is losing jobs in record numbers. Factory's and mill's and plant's are shutting down because so many jobs are being lost to other countries because government officials continue to give tax breaks and exempts to companies who fire/lay off their American workers so that they can go overseas and set up sweat shops and other forms of cheap labor. Not cheap quality....cheap labor wages. So if our American workforce is losing jobs to other countries, our economy declines and that affects the global economy. :arrow: What I'm saying is that America needs to take care of America first, then others second. That's the way all countries should act. If you don't help your own people, how can you progress?? You can't. :arrow: Now, it seems that you are directly accusing me of not "deserving to have a job" and that I'm "lazy". Well, sis, sorry but I have been busting my a** since I was 17 years old. I have worked full-time since I was 19. I never went to college so I am just a simple, average American who can easily be affected by the loss of jobs to overseas. Fortunately, to this point, I have been lucky. :arrow: I have never said, nor did I imply that anyone is stealing our jobs. Nobody is stealing our jobs....our government is GIVING THEM AWAY for cheap labor prices and tax breaks. It's not all about the quality of work (and I never said the quality was bad), it's about the cheap labor prices. That's wrong, especially when our own economy is in decline and Americans are losing 159,000 jobs per month. :arrow: Again, really, I have to ask you.....what do you really know about the doings of the American government besides what you see and read in the biased media?? :arrow: Improve ourselves? Yes, everybody should strive to do that, not just Americans. And I am one of those who try to improve myself every day. And almost everyone I know is the same. How can you say that Americans are lazy and not deserving of jobs?? Where do you live, again?? Have you ever been here?? [i]Like you, when we hate our government, we decide to work on our own. Sure, it's not your problem but when you get old and no one wants to help you in a nursing home because a lot of nurses has stopped going abroad to work for you, I bet you realize how bad "thinking of your own problem only" is. If your hoping to other nurses around in your country, do you really think someone will give you more hospitality than we do? Are you sure in this state of your country you will gain more help from less amount of nurses? Our government has seen nothing wrong with these American companies. What makes you think we should?[/i] :arrow: I never said anything about the nurses, and yes, the nurses we have in our country (Filipino's) provide excellent care and they deserve to have some of these jobs. No doubt. But that has nothing to do with our government shipping jobs overseas, where company's set up shop in Asia and South America, etc. Those who come HERE to work in American jobs....that's great. That brings diversity to our country which is a wonderful thing. :arrow: I also never said that we must think of ourself ONLY....what I said is that we need to worry about our own problems FIRST, then worry about other countries. Again, I'm not talking about "outsourcing" in respects to those who come here to work. I'm talking about the "outsourcing' which leads to shipping jobs overseas rather than keeping the company's IN the United States. :arrow: As for your question: "do you really think someone will give you more hospitality than we do?"....the answer....Yes, it is possible that we can find that inside our own country. You seem to imply that we are just a bunch of un-caring individuals who don't care about anything. Yes, there are some who are like that. But those people are everywhere and in every country. But there are more people who are "good" than there are "bad", even here. However, as I already said, I have no problems with foreigners who come here to work, and I know they provide excellent care. But that does not mean that the same cannot be found within the United States. Infamous J wrote: That sounds like a kind of racist statment, sis. =| What makes you think that "blacks" can't help themselves? There is a black man running for president. :lol: I think you must only go with what you see/read in the media. [u][b]There are just as many whites who cannot "help themselves"[/b][/u]. And under that reasoning.....it leads me back to the "jobs" issue. Maybe, like I said above (by stepping up) that the people of the Philippines need to find a way to better themselves and help themselves, too. You know? [i]That's funny. You're interpreting all my sentences one by one. I'm not being racist, that's because Obama has stated that he will give more jobs to blacks and I'm just stating the facts from what I know. You sound like your defending yourself here, mister. Don't push the talk in other way around. Let's include the whites or even the Americans can help themselves, does that sound good? You yourself already mentioned about that jobs issue. Look up and read it again for my reply, if you want.[/i] :arrow: I was not interpreting your sentences one by one, I was separating your statements as to make it easier for me to reply individually. I did not say that you "were" being racist, I said it seemed liked it. You singled out black people in your original statement. :arrow: Barack Obama has never said he would give more jobs to blacks. And even if he did say that. So?? The way you made your statement is the exact reason that I responded to your statement the way I did. It "seemed" as if you had a problem with blacks having more jobs. :arrow: Defending myself?? :lol: I'm white. You did not include whites when you said "blacks can't help themselves". That was a direct statement that concerned ONLY blacks. And blacks being given more job opportunities is not an issue. Actually, it's owed to them. Blacks have been oppressed for hundreds of years. Of course, in today's generation it is not like it was 50 years ago, but racial profiling and race discrimination still takes place on a daily basis. Furthermore, the blacks here (most of them) are American citizens and work IN the United States for company's who stay IN the United States. The issue I was referring to, again, is those company's who ship jobs and factory's overseas to set up shop on foreign soil. [i]Of course I know that, but did he even proposed something to convince the Senate to pass it? No.[/i] :arrow: Barack Obama did not propose anything to convince the Senate to pass it??? I think you really do only believe (about Obama and McCain) what you see and read in the biased media outlets. Check your facts, sis. Here...I'll give them to you..... [b] :arrow: Nuclear Release Notice Act of 2006 :arrow: Global Poverty Act of 2007 :arrow: Deceptive Practices and Voter Intimidation Prevention Act of 2007 :arrow: Condemning the recent violent actions of the Government of Zimbabwe against peaceful opposition party activists and members of civil society. :arrow: Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act. :arrow: Strengthening Transparency and Accountability in Federal Spending Act of 2008 (Along with Senator John McCain) :arrow: Democratic Republic of the Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act[/b] [i]A lot of people won't even bother to think about the Bush Doctrine. If that's how simple the doctrine was, what's so complicated with that? I agree that Bush has overdone this but it doesn't mean that McCain will do the same. I believe this doctrine is made to defend your own country from other countries terrorizing your state, can't you see anything positive for that? No wonder you can't even understand McCain. For me, it doesn't really matter how often you meet a person for you to be convinced to pick her. If you know she's really good and you can see it from her state, why would I even bother? I don't think it would be a bad idea.[/i] :arrow: Yes, you're right. A lot of (misinformed) people don't bother to think about the Bush Doctrine. I never said it was a simple doctrine. I summed it up, in relative terms. But a possible vice president should know a little bit about foreign policy. She could not even answer in relative or simple terms as to what the Bush Doctrine meant. :arrow: You're right that it does not necessarily mean that McCain will carry out the same policies but if you look at his record, it's hard to see why he would not. For the past 8 years, John McCain has been in favor of George Bush and supported him 80% of the time, voting 80% in favor of Bush's policies. It's hard to believe that he is suddenly going to change now. :arrow: The Bush Doctrine came into effect after 9/11. IRAQ was NOT a threat to the United States and they were not terrorizing us. The 9/11 suspects came from Al-Quaida based camps in Afghanistan. NOT Iraq. The Bush Doctrine was used to enter into a reckless, baseless war that has killed almost 4,000 American soldiers and countless Iraqi civillians. I cannot see anything positive about misleading the American people and leading our troops into a war to occupy another country for the purpose of oil. No. I supported the Bush Doctrine when we went to war in Afghanistan, where Al-Quaida was located. They had no camps in Iraq until after we invaded and occupied that country. :arrow: Again, you're right. I don't understand McCain. He says he is going to bring change but after 8 years of supporting almost everything George Bush wanted, I don't understand where that change is going to come from. The following statement by you made me :o ----- [b]For me, it doesn't really matter how often you meet a person for you to be convinced to pick her. If you know she's really good and you can see it from her state, why would I even bother?[/b]----- :arrow: :lol: But how can you know if somebody is qualified or is "really good" if you don't even know them or anything about them?? :lol: That is my point. How do you know if someone is ready and qualified for this position if you have only talked with the person one time?? This is not a job at McDonald's, this is for vice president of a country, and possibly a president should something happen to McCain. Remember....He IS 72 years old and has already battled a form of skin cancer. Health is an issue in this case. [i]Then I suppose not posting here, don't you think? I'm saying my opinion but thanks for correcting me even if I'm not fully convinced. You vote for Obama, I vote for McCain. I say you should carefully think first before typing what you said. We don't know each other to judge, anyway.[/i] :arrow: First of all, I was not judging you and I'm glad you posted. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, I was merely pointing out to you that you made some broad and blanket statements and you are obviously not fully informed to make such statements. I don't expect you to be, either, because you live on the other side of the world. Just as with myself, I would not make such strongly broad and blanket statements about The Philippines because I KNOW that I am not fully informed. It's one thing to share your opinion, but with such strong statements, you should (as you said to me) think carefully before you say what you said. You did not simply say that you support McCain and oppose Obama. You "trashed" Obama while not being fully informed. :arrow: Again, I'm glad that you posted your opinion and opened up a debate. Just realize that after "trashing" the candidate that I support, you cannot blame me for rebutting your statements. Politics is a touchy subject so when you berate and trash a person that someone supports, then expect a reaction. Just as with your reply to me. I expected it because I knew I made some strong statements as well. But with my statements, I provided some information and facts to back up what I was saying, instead of typing broad views. [i]I don't really care about his answers about Obama. People get a lot of mistakes too, you know. These are just answers from the issues and I believe Obama will do the same.[/i] :arrow: Yes, everybody makes mistakes, and I never said that Obama has not bluffed about anything. But in your original post you only accused Obama of "bluffing" and lying so I gave you some facts to show that McCain, too, does the same thing. So if you are opposed to Obama solely because he "bluffs" and is "arrogant" then it seems that you would have to apply the same thing to McCain as well, since he does the same. All politicians do it, it's no secret. [i]You got mad from earlier post and now you say you will be sorry if you hurt me? Nah, this is just a debate, I assume? I admit I go for McCain and it's natural for me to say the negative facts of Obama, I guess? You go for Obama, I go for McCain. One can't change their decisions if they already sticked with a thing, right? Same goes for me.[/i] :arrow: Yep, just a debate, sis. But that doesn't mean that I cannot be sorry if I offend you. I know I had some strong statements and I know that I'm very opinionated. I realized (as I was making my post) that I might offend you in some way, so that's why I said that I don't mean to be rude or offensive (true) and that I have no hard feelings. =) :arrow: The earlier post? I think you're referring to my reply to sugarstyx? I'm not sure. Yes, she said some things, too, that offended me and her and I exchanged some PM's about the issue and resolved it nicely. We both came to an understand of each other. You can even ask her if you want to. ;) She knows that I had no hard feelings towards her. I just needed to share my view on the topic. [i]I say you don't have the right to criticize my country coz this is about the debate for Obama and McCain. Have you forget that? I'm sorry if I offend "someone" but this is an opinionated matter regardless from which country we came from. I guess you're getting off the hook. Honestly, I'm getting mad because of your post including my country. But yeah, this is just a topic. I don't know about you.[/i] :arrow: I did not criticize your country and I never would. I love The Philippines and I have many Filipino friends. I plan to visit there next year, and I'm even thinking about moving there permanently because I love the people and the culture. What I did, was that I used The Philippines as an example because you made a statement that if the U.S. stops outsourcing jobs, that people all over the world would be affected, even in Phils. That's what you said. So I used The Philippines as an example of an "outside" country. Why? Well, you're from The Philippines, right? It made more sense to use The Philippines as an example since you brought your country into the conversation first, plus it's a "common ground". If it makes you feel better, I will go back, edit my post, and insert "South America" or "Central America" instead of The Philippines. :lol: :arrow: It's a topic, yes....but understand that you criticized MY country....first. Remember? I'm American. You accused Americans of being lazy and undeserving of the jobs we are losing. Can't you see how offensive that is to a hard working American who is being affected by the economic crisis (which has direct ties to the loss of jobs nationwide)?? :arrow: If you're mad, you're mad. I was never "really" mad, I was more irritated that you would make such statements about someone who I support and about my country, especially when you do not have all of the facts and are not completely informed. :arrow: Still, I have no hard feelings, and I still apologize if anything I said offended you. That's sincere, sis. I mean no harm.[/quote] [/spoiler]

Last edited by Infamous J (2008-10-10 05:12:02)

naddnadd
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

i prefer Obama .. :D
GeeLiuBee
» n00b
1969-12-31

:o Bama!! =D Hahahaha :penguin:
chain_gang_cena
» FTalker
1969-12-31

d us presidential election is over dis shud b closed
CloudsRider
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Obama is a good person . . . he can be a good leader. .
*nicz.love
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

obama won. so, [b]OBAMA[/b]! =D
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Guys have you check the latest speeches of the two presidential candidates Obama and McCain? I’m just wondering if you already seen it and what's your opinion about their speeches? Actually im referri

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 19:24

[ 9 queries - 0.027 second ]
Privacy Policy