• ARCHIVES 
  • » This is just to inform our members that posting a message less or equal to 15 characters will not be posted. This will serve as a spam prevention to those spammers. Just use report if you see a spam

Pages: 123

This is just to inform our members that posting a message less or equal to 15 characters will not be posted. This will serve as a spam prevention to those spammers. Just use report if you see a spam

Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

This is just to inform our members that posting a message less or equal to 15 characters will not be posted. This will serve as a spam prevention to those spammers. Just use report if you see a spam

This is just to inform our members that posting a message less or equal to 15 characters will not be posted. This will serve as a spam prevention to those spammers. Just use report if you see a spam that are triggered by smiles (Eg.:wow:) or to much use of ellipsis or dots/periods (Eg. [b]...[/b]) so a moderator of that section can take appropriate action. Thank you especially to our dear admin. Good day...

Last edited by Ephemeral (2008-07-29 11:20:31)

bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: This is just to inform our members that posting a message less or equal to 15 characters will not be posted. This will serve as a spam prevention to those spammers. Just use report if you see a spam

Thanks for ur post and admin for clarification =) Hope everyone will read and understand that the short comments are no longer acceptable. :thumbsup: Would be great if the forum rules could be updated to include this change.

Last edited by bobcbar (2008-07-28 23:49:29)

Yellow Flash
» Banned
1969-12-31

Re: This is just to inform our members that posting a message less or equal to 15 characters will not be posted. This will serve as a spam prevention to those spammers. Just use report if you see a spam

yeah... i noticed it... but the 30 seconds in posting... aw... that is my problem... i have fast speed connection and i think im a fast typer... cant post exactly on the philippine section coz of 30 sec..... hahaha anywayzz this will reduce spammers....

Last edited by Yellow Flash (2008-07-29 00:52:49)

aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Hakhak.. even at the eGroups section. but that's a nice way for spam prevention. nice one admin :)
Hoshigaki
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Hehe , Nice Admin .. But in my observation they will just add some dots to add more text characters .. Shame .. :smoke: Anyway Thanks!
jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=Ephemeral]Just use report if you see a spam that are triggered by smiles (eg.:wow:) so a moderator of that section can take appropriate action.[/quote] this is a good step to help us lessen the spammers here in the boards. I have seen lots of spam comments (thanks for this, thanks 4 blah blah + smileys..., etc..) and were able to "by-pass" the 15-character minimum limit... but if most of us will coordinate in "reporting" a post which we consider as spam, we could achieve (if not a spam-free) but at least a "spam-less" forum. God bless us all! Kuya Jie

Last edited by jieduck (2008-07-29 05:28:28)

aRies04991
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=Hoshigaki]But in my observation they will just add some dots to add more text characters ..[/quote] Just report them if ever you saw one. --- nice one there jieduck. that's true :)

Last edited by aRies04991 (2008-07-29 05:29:43)

smoochey
» n00b
1969-12-31

I'll hunt those spammers.
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Just out of curiosity... How about in some threads of the music section? Like the 'Alphabet of Music Artists' or "A-Z Song Titles' ? Sometimes it's hard to exceed that 15 character limit if the song title or artist is short (Ne-Yo, DMX, etc for example). As long as you're giving an appropriate response to the thread, if you have to add a smiley after to exceed that 15 character minimum will that be okay? I'm hoping. Anyway, great idea, though to help limit the spammers. Thanks to Admin for that.
jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

@bro.jesse: Please find below quote from Ephe for your kind reference: [quote=Ephemeral]Just use report if you see a [b]spam [/b]that are triggered by smiles (Eg.:wow:) or to much use of ellipsis or dots/periods (Eg. ...) so a moderator of that section can take appropriate action.[/quote] Note: I have "[b]bolded[/b]" the word [b]spam[/b] to differentiate the posts between a spam and a proper response to a certain thread. In that case, I believe that responses to such threads like in the Music Sec are not considered as spam, since you are just following the "format" according to the thread requirements. I hope that MODS have the same views... Thanks a lot! Bro. Jie

Last edited by jieduck (2008-07-30 02:20:10)

Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ ^ Yeah, I figured that it's okay if you're following the format of the thread, but I'm just hoping for clarification. I'm pretty sure that the Mods will find it acceptable, however I'm not the Mods so I can't speak for them. :D
merx7ii
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

i wanna hunt spammers too. especially those who reply to my posts just putting some kinda [b]picture or something[/b]!! annoying and irritating. they dont even bother to post something [i]sensefull[/i] (is that a word?). darn spammers. hope all of them get caught! thank you admins for this really useful action.
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Just being frank. Using to much periods or ellipsis like - [quote]wa...... why.... are... you <words go here>....[/quote] It will just make you look like an idiot. Anyway, If you can't type anything nice. Go away. :penguin:
Yellow Flash
» Banned
1969-12-31

ohhh sorry sir.. i am used to this (......) << hehehe im one of them but im not spamming... i am thinking first before i post a reply. sorry sir.. ill practice not to used that... sorry. :cry:
deyminsane
» n00b
1969-12-31

[b]:D ahhh ok .. well , it's good that it's already like that . because, there are just so many SPAMMERS here already .=)[/b]
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

There's still possibilities to spam lol:) but well this is nice, the forum can prevent such spammers like me hehehe I admit:) I'm not holy that I can do things always positive. Be natural...
Yellow Flash
» Banned
1969-12-31

hmm.. there are techniques to spam... like these: ......... hehehehehe :eh::eh::eh::eh: cool sometimes i am doing that.. but now, ill avoid that.. sorry ...

Last edited by Yellow Flash (2008-08-01 22:49:38)

pinkloveriza01
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[u]thanks for the info. :D[/u]
LheN_15
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

tnx for that... so spammers better watch out!ok??!! if not.. :eh:
eizarg
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

really?? ahahaha.. well its nice to know that we have a solution in spamming issues.. anyway its a good idea..
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » This is just to inform our members that posting a message less or equal to 15 characters will not be posted. This will serve as a spam prevention to those spammers. Just use report if you see a spam

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 23:42

[ 10 queries - 0.033 second ]
Privacy Policy