• ARCHIVES 
  • » Good day once again, my fellow FTalkers! I'm sure you have noticed that there are now quite a number of Moderators who already retired (for reasons only known to them and some others). They really d

Pages: 123

Good day once again, my fellow FTalkers! I'm sure you have noticed that there are now quite a number of Moderators who already retired (for reasons only known to them and some others). They really d

andHa
» FTalkWhiz
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: Good day once again, my fellow FTalkers! I'm sure you have noticed that there are now quite a number of Moderators who already retired (for reasons only known to them and some others). They really d

[quote=jieduck]This is also one of my concerns, because I see some sections with 3 or 4 MODs assigned, and there are times that they are unavailable (one is on vacation, i suppose, while the others are busy with their studies and other commitments), especially the FTalk Cafe and Hobby & Entertainment Sections. I hope that you will also be moderating that section.....[/quote] There will always be times when mods of one section are unavailable, even we hire new mods, they won't be able to stay on this forum 24/7. And this far, there are no reports that neglected for a long time. Means, the mods still can do their job well. If i'm asked to moderate that section, i'll do that willingly. [quote=jieduck]Furthermore, i am quite sure that we have members here who have moderating experience, while some of them are also moderators of other forums. So, adding them to the rooster is not a problem with regard to "know what to do"...[/quote] Well. "Know what to do" and "adaptation" have a wide meaning. They also have to adapt theirself with the mods team. i ditto eehjhay's post[quote=eehjhay]but the thing is the more the moderators, the greater chance of having chaos and arguments in the backstage (moderator's section) and/or in other forum sections.[/quote] If they fail to do that thing. It will give a bad effect to the backstage section or the worst, it will affect the whole forum. [hr][hr] In rush conclusion, this suggestion should be implemented when it's urgently needed.
jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

Re: Good day once again, my fellow FTalkers! I'm sure you have noticed that there are now quite a number of Moderators who already retired (for reasons only known to them and some others). They really d

[quote=andHa]There will always be times when mods of one section are unavailable, even we hire new mods, they won't be able to stay on this forum 24/7. And this far, there are no reports that neglected for a long time. Means, the mods still can do their job well. If i'm asked to moderate that section, i'll do that willingly.[/quote] we do not need additional MODs that will always be available or can stay 24/7 in this forum, since it is impossible for anyone to be available 24/7 alone. What we need are additional/new MODs who can dedicate a portion of his/her time if not regular, but at least more frequent. With regard to reports, may I just share to you the experience I've got for consistently (or shall I say regularly) sending reports. I was a victim of an abusive member who gave me a -repu for reporting a topic, and worst, she again gave me another one for the same reason, and intended to continue on giving me a -repu as far as she likes. Fortunately for her, I did not hit her back, nor I have any intention of hitting her back with negative repu. I just let the concerned handle that matter, again, by reporting. [hr] Anyway, we are just exchanging our opinions here, and it looks like that if Sir Admin would grant this suggestion, the new batch of MODs may not be welcomed to the Team comfortably, as we can see that objection from some MODs are very obvious, but still, this is just a suggestion, thinking that it would be helpful.
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[b]Topic[/b] [quote=jieduck]we are just exchanging our opinions here[/quote] Yes, i believe that is what everyone is doing. Different POVs are are expected to arise of this topic. =) [quote=jieduck]it looks like that if Sir Admin would grant this suggestion,[i] the new batch of MODs may [b]not[/b] be welcomed to the Team comfortably[/i][/quote] [b]Patience[/b]. Don't assume right away kuya Jie =) I believe you know that we cannot make everybody like us. Sure, maybe some mods agree to this, some dont. But you have to consider that when the last thread like this was made, everybody waited months before a decision was made. That included fights in the thread. I hope there will be no fights now. =) In my POV, adding moderators is ok BUT as everybody can see/realize ftalk has been pretty boring these days. I'm sad to see it like this. I just hope members will help us/everyone to make it alive again. I know some members mock whats happenin now but then thats life, you can't be at the top for all times BUT you can't be down for a long time either. Im just saying, maybe if things will get traffic-y again, maybe there will be too many reports for the current mods to handle, too many flames to neutralize and dirty threads to clean, maybe by then admin will consider adding moderators. This is my POV. No offense to anyone. :)

Last edited by ducheszv (2008-12-05 10:05:00)

jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=ducheszv]Patience. Don't assume right away kuya Jie =) I believe you know that we cannot make everybody like us. Sure, maybe some mods agree to this, some dont. But you have to consider that when the last thread like this was made, everybody waited months before a decision was made. That included fights in the thread. I hope there will be no fights now. =)[/quote] yeah, you are right. And I also hope that fights would not happen in this thread :D:thumbsup: [quote=ducheszv]Im just saying, maybe if things will get traffic-y again, maybe there will be too many reports for the current mods to handle, too many flames to neutralize and dirty threads to clean, maybe by then admin will consider adding moderators.[/quote] I agree on this, and it will be up to Admin when the time for adding MODs come. =)
andHa
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=jieduck]we do not need additional MODs that will always be available or can stay 24/7 in this forum, since it is impossible for anyone to be available 24/7 alone. What we need are additional/new MODs who can dedicate a portion of his/her time if not regular, but at least more frequent.[/quote] There will always time when mods or enlisted mods can't do their duties. They have another responsibilities to be done, and they need to leave for a while. If we just add new mods when that time come, imagine how many mods will we have. [quote=jieduck]With regard to reports, may I just share to you the experience I've got for consistently (or shall I say regularly) sending reports. I was a victim of an abusive member who gave me a -repu for reporting a topic, and worst, she again gave me another one for the same reason, and intended to continue on giving me a -repu as far as she likes. Fortunately for her, I did not hit her back, nor I have any intention of hitting her back with negative repu. I just let the concerned handle that matter, again, by reporting.[/quote] Sorry to hear that. And i do appreciate your actions. Really appreciate that. But i couldn't find the connection, between your post and your suggestion about adding new mods. New mods won't make you as a [i]-repu immune member[/i] when you do a report. Except, you are one of the new mods, and you don't need to report any illegal actions because you are the one who will handle that. And a little suggestion from me, never told others when you did a report to avoid the -repu thing from being happened. [quote=jieduck]Anyway, we are just exchanging our opinions here, and it looks like that if Sir Admin would grant this suggestion, the new batch of MODs may not be welcomed to the Team comfortably, as we can see that objection from some MODs are very obvious, but still, this is just a suggestion, thinking that it would be helpful.[/quote] I'll assure you that we won't exile the new member in our team. We don't have any reasons to do such thing. I'm not being a recusant person. But we don't need new mods for this time. Like i said on my previous post. [b]In rush conclusion, this suggestion should be implemented when it's urgently needed. [/b]
edriann007
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

may i know who are the newest mods of ftalk? and also those mods who retired? am just curios...eheheh
ymm0t
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

@Thread Starter Nice suggestion, jieduck! I really appreciate that. But, I think you just need to PM admin [b]after[/b] many people already agree to your opinion :thumbsup: But, i don't suggest you to write the name of member that you suggest to be a moderator. I think it's better for them to talk by themselves. And, your opinion of people that is good to be a mod isn't same with other people. So, yeah just tell admin the names but don't expect too much. Ok that's all Hope u know what i mean :D
SakabatouSHINTA
» FTalker
1969-12-31

i believe mr. jieduck want to help more. i cannot sense any negative force about this suggestion. the best thing to do is to try alternative strategy by adding some mods. division of work is a must in this huge forum.
ykisaragi16
» Banned
1969-12-31

maybe this forum become happier we have new mods,,,, we do not know their capabilities when they have the position already....we cannot say........just think broadly not only to moderate....
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Good day once again, my fellow FTalkers! I'm sure you have noticed that there are now quite a number of Moderators who already retired (for reasons only known to them and some others). They really d

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 14:05

[ 10 queries - 0.025 second ]
Privacy Policy