• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]I've been smoking everyday for 3 years now and i wanna quit but i can't :crybaby: I need help! :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: How do u quit smoking?[/b]

Pages: 1234

[b]I've been smoking everyday for 3 years now and i wanna quit but i can't :crybaby: I need help! :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: How do u quit smoking?[/b]

RossVolturi
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: [b]I've been smoking everyday for 3 years now and i wanna quit but i can't :crybaby: I need help! :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: How do u quit smoking?[/b]

to quit smoking... keep yourself busy haha :D
joebz
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Re: [b]I've been smoking everyday for 3 years now and i wanna quit but i can't :crybaby: I need help! :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: How do u quit smoking?[/b]

^ Yeah, I agree. A new hobby to keep you busy. Have you tried the cold turkey method? I didn't know you smoked/still smoke, ate aya.. O_O But since your siblings/family smoke as well I think it'll be harder to quit, too... Err. My dad quit smoking once, then smoked again, then quit again because of a sickness due to his habit. It'll take lots of time for a person to quit, but if you're really determined I'm sure you can overcome it. :thumbsup: Don't let your habits take control of yourself, lol. And..don't wait for the time when you suffer from respiratory illnesses.. :)
unique_user
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[align=center][b]use nicotine patch.[/b][/align]
jieduck
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=`renzie][b] :smoke: well.. :smoke: influences can help us! encouragement from other close friends too can improve our quiting! :cool: hihi.. :D and we just have to think that its bad for our health and it might cause us death..and most of us are afraid of dying! so that's it..[/b][/quote] I'll try your advice, hope this helps...
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I've been smoking every day for about 13 or 14 years (started when I was 12, but didn't start smoking every single day until I was 15 or 16). I've tried quitting many times, but sadly, I quit trying to quit. :thumbsdown: My advice would be to get somebody to quit with you...the times that I tried to quit, I had my best results when I had a friend trying to quit with me. The truth is, it's not so much about the addiction to nicotine, but to the habit of having something in your hands. It's like you get "bored" or "restless" when you don't have that cigarette in your hand. So, maybe you could also try something as silly as just carrying a pen or pencil with you, and any time you have an urge to smoke, put the pen in your hands and see if it helps take the urge away, or at least help you forget about the urge. Well, that's my little advice. I see that this thread is kinda old.....were you ever able to successfully quit?? :question:
forsakendoll
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

honestly? [b]NOPE[/b] yea.. i was suppose to quit smoking but instead i quit trying to quit smoking LOL especially because of my recent heartache... I really need to smoke i dunno why but I just had to.. after that, i have no plans on quitting any time soon lol.. Smoking is like a habit for me.. I always carry cigarettes wherever i go (and also my trusty lighter lol) I smoke after eating I smoke when doing the deed I smoke when I'm upset I smoke when my friends are smoking I smoke when they hand me a cig lol rawr........ at this rate I won't be able to quit might as well die now hihihih
portuniecho
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

i have this three :lol: [quote]I smoke when I'm upset I smoke when my friends are smoking I smoke when they hand me a cig lol[/quote] ooppz.. but that was before, but now im a RETIRED smoker :lol: yeahbopy, and im proud of it well since we migrate here in US, i never smoke again, and its get easy on me =) =) no hard feelings (lolwut) that i quitted it. :lol: everytym they will hand me a cigar, i wont accept it :lol: coz i promised to myself ill quit smoking from now( since da day we migrate in US ) on, =) since freshmen high to senior high, :lol: woahhhhhh, gad, thank gad, i made it :lol: haha, ate aya, quit it, bwahahaha, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=forsakendoll]honestly? [b]NOPE[/b] yea.. i was suppose to quit smoking but instead i quit trying to quit smoking LOL especially because of my recent heartache... I really need to smoke i dunno why but I just had to.. after that, i have no plans on quitting any time soon lol.. Smoking is like a habit for me.. I always carry cigarettes wherever i go (and also my trusty lighter lol) I smoke after eating I smoke when doing the deed I smoke when I'm upset I smoke when my friends are smoking I smoke when they hand me a cig lol rawr........ at this rate I won't be able to quit might as well die now hihihih[/quote] :lol: :lol: yep, i know what it's like....and i smoke for the same reasons you do, and in those same scenarios :lol: it's hard to quit :thumbsdown:
jamessss:b
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

If u really want to stop smoking. Then do it. Not tomorrow, not next week. Do it TODAY. And u need to aware what may happen to you. If you'll continue that kind of lifestyle.

Last edited by james_cuteoo2 (2008-06-22 13:04:25)

karuro72002
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

i smoke! occasionally! :D smoking is bad than drinking! so i love to drink! :lol: TOMADOR sa Kalye?! =D
forsakendoll
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=bhebhiej]yep, i know what it's like....and i smoke for the same reasons you do, and in those same scenarios :lol: it's hard to quit :thumbsdown:[/quote] i really wonder about this thread lol it says how to quit smoking but i just cant seem to stop. [b]@james[/b] oh boy that'll be tough i still got a pack here waaaa. It's harder to quit when your cigs are lyin around :paranoid:

Last edited by forsakendoll (2008-06-23 11:49:19)

anne.24
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

It's hard.. I know.. I just think, there are positive and negative for smoking, and they are :arrow: positive: [quote]You feel good[/quote] :arrow: Negative: [quote]You have smelly breath Your teeth turn black Your smoking will increase the amount of cancer bactery Some people hate being around you since you smoke You could spent ur money for another useful thing instead of smoking You will look old sooner than people who don't smoke You will feel guilty everytime you lie to your BF, since u know, he or she is hoping the best for u beside cancer, you can get heart failure etc.[/quote] see..? There are [b]LOADS[/b] of negative things for smoking, yeah.. If you know the best for you, you will find out that you are free, and beside trying to quit, why don't u remind ur family to quit? tell em it's [b]REALLY[/b] bad for them, surely you don't want any of your family members die becoz of smokin.. right? and you can remind each other not to smoke

Last edited by anime_mania_01 (2008-06-23 12:11:44)

DeverKerbill
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

just an addition,From WHO's Data,[b]4,9 Million people died every year because of Cigarettes[/b] and more,From WHO's Data a Smoke from a cigarette contains [b]4000 [/b]Chemical Poison remember that,and maybe u'll stop smoking

Last edited by DeverKerbill (2008-06-23 21:52:03)

roan19
» n00b
1969-12-31

discipline.. forcing people is easy, but forcing yourself is the hardest thing to do
funakzboi
» n00b
1969-12-31

try this heart bet o wow magic sing^_^^+^
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=forsakendoll][quote=bhebhiej]yep, i know what it's like....and i smoke for the same reasons you do, and in those same scenarios :lol: it's hard to quit :thumbsdown:[/quote] i really wonder about this thread lol it says how to quit smoking but i just cant seem to stop.[/quote] yo, you gotta really "want", desire deep inside of you to quit, i think....and that's always been my problem when i tried to quit....i was trying to quit because i know it's bad for me, and i've been smoking for so long, and it does affect me, daily, but i wasn't trying to quit becuase i "wanted" too....make sense? anyway, if you decide to try again you got my support :thumbsup: call me jesse, by the way, if you want

Last edited by bhebhiej (2008-06-24 23:17:27)

sugarstyx_x
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

:warning lecture: there's a great chance you'll live longer than now, if you stop smoking. research about [b]emphysema.[/b] DYK: it's the leading preventable cause of death? hmm? lol...so it's "technically" [b]suicide[/b]. plus,[b] decent girls don't like smokers[/b]. Plan something to do, [b]don't stay idle[/b]. if you're still breathing right, quitting now, isn't too late.. don't wait until you get diagnosed w/ lung disease & start coughing blood, having bloodshut eye, really disgusting gum disease, & lose your teeth early, and mayble some neurological problem, cause nicotine can enter your brain. Some people are lucky, but you don't know how much your body can handle. ...my mom smoked for years, probably 5 times more than you did... she's able to stop, a couple of months ago, after i lectured her.. i'm not kidding. since i knew more after taking anatomy & physiology classes heh.

Last edited by sugarstyx_x (2008-06-24 23:26:04)

forsakendoll
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=bhebhiej]jesse,[/quote] nice name,. i was planning to use that for my screen name hahaha because it's similar to my real name (lol wut.. am i makin' sense here?) [quote=sugarstyx_x]decent girls don't like smokers.[/quote] i'm a girl lol Anyway.. the funny thing about this thread is that i made it to help me stop smoking but it seems like I don't need help now lol. Its good to hear about your advices though and maybe by then if i already have lung cancer -- i will learn to quit lol. XDDD
sugarstyx_x
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

haha lol my fault.. ..so you didn't stop? if you do you'll exp. withdrawal, you can still take off that crap you had in your lungs. but it won't be for long maybe weeks or even days you know..

Last edited by sugarstyx_x (2008-06-24 23:31:31)

forsakendoll
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ i heard nicotine takes years before you're free from it :paranoid: is that true?
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]I've been smoking everyday for 3 years now and i wanna quit but i can't :crybaby: I need help! :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: How do u quit smoking?[/b]

Pages: 1234

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 14:26

[ 9 queries - 0.026 second ]
Privacy Policy