• ARCHIVES 
  • » ive just been browsing random friendster profiles just now, and out of 10 profiles i saw, 8 of them had YouTube videos on their media sections. the bad part of it, those who had videos on their pages

Pages: 12345..5

ive just been browsing random friendster profiles just now, and out of 10 profiles i saw, 8 of them had YouTube videos on their media sections. the bad part of it, those who had videos on their pages

FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

ive just been browsing random friendster profiles just now, and out of 10 profiles i saw, 8 of them had YouTube videos on their media sections. the bad part of it, those who had videos on their pages

ive just been browsing random friendster profiles just now, and out of 10 profiles i saw, 8 of them had YouTube videos on their media sections. the bad part of it, those who had videos on their pages had a long column of about 5-7 different videos, which is kind of annoying, cuz the long list of those videos took up much space on the page. it also kind of makes the loading of the profile page to be laggish since those videos are flash objects and all of them loading together makes your profile to load in about 48 years. :angry: heheh. those were the reasons why i decided to make this tutorial about a YouTube Video Playlist. this is just very easy to make actually. 1) sign up for an account in YouTube 2) once u got your account, search for a video. go to that video's viewing page. 3) below the 'screen' of that video, look for the link 'Save to Favorites'. click it. 4) now you will see a dropdown menu that says "Add Video to a Playlist". click the dropdown menu and select [New Playlist]. click ok. 5) now you will be brought to a Create/Edit Playlist page. enter a any name for your playlist, put something on the description, blah blah blah. when you're done, click the 'Save Playlist Info' button on the bottom. Video Added! :D 6) now you have your own playlist. of course you would like to add another video. so now search again for a video just like what you did before. look for the 'Save to Favorites' link again below the video screen. then to the "Add Video to a Playlist" dropdown menu, choose to add the current video to your newly created playlist. click ok. dont worry if you dont see any confirmation that the current video has been succesfully added, cuz surely, it has been added to the playlist. :D 7) if you want to add another video, just repeat the process of adding videos to the playlist again. 8) so now we might like to have the codes to embed our newly created playlist on our pages. now go to the top most navigation of YouTube and click 'My Account'. on the 'Videos' box, click on 'Playlists'. 9) whops! now we see the playlist we made. we can arrange its order, edit the descriptions, remove some videos if we dont want them, etc. 10) now look at the topright part of the page. see the 'Embed' codes there? yup, there they are. the codes we need to embed our playlist. just copy and paste them to your media section if you're using css or put it any where you want if you're using overlay. you can set the width and height of the playlist if you want. that's it. thats all you have to do to have a YouTube Video Playlist. here's a sample: [flash=530x370]http://www.youtube.com/p/3D8655A68580E561[/flash] see, it really saves space, compared to having to embed videos one by one. and its kinda kewl too. heheh. :D :thumbsup: post some questions and clarifications here. just tell me if the instructions were not that clear for you. i hope this helps.

Last edited by FoRsAkEnKiD (2007-10-26 11:04:59)

Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: ive just been browsing random friendster profiles just now, and out of 10 profiles i saw, 8 of them had YouTube videos on their media sections. the bad part of it, those who had videos on their pages

Great tutorial Charles! I love it.. thanks for putting this up here. :thumbsup: Hahaha, so you have [b]KUNG POW[/b] huh? My ex made me watch the movie.. freakin' crazy! :lol:
denimboi
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Re: ive just been browsing random friendster profiles just now, and out of 10 profiles i saw, 8 of them had YouTube videos on their media sections. the bad part of it, those who had videos on their pages

ur right guys!!! :thumbsup: it's too laggy if u visit a profile whom got so many youtube players!! some of my friends keep on putting many youtube videos in their profile.... i will tell my friends about this tutorial :D thanks for sharing!! :)
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

@Padme: hahah. that video on the playlist above is actually not really that connected with the real Kung Pow movie. the video on my playlist is actually an Asian kung-fu movie clip that has been dubbed in Bisaya dialect. hehehe. :D @denimboi: yup, go tell yer friends about this one. spread the word. =) :thumbsup:
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^Thanks for the info! Finally youtube with again with a new feature :D
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ this isnt actually a new feature of YouTube. the playlist maker has always been there all along far so long ago, people just didnt know how to make and use one.
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ haha anyways ok :D I was not interested in youtubes on profile 'cause of the laggish part before hehe... but now my view in youtube in a profile is getting nice again :D :thumbsup: thanks for the tutorial :D
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ no probs pal. :D :thumbsup:
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=FoRsAkEnKiD]@Padme: hahah. that video on the playlist above is actually not really that connected with the real Kung Pow movie. the video on my playlist is actually an Asian kung-fu movie clip that has been dubbed in Bisaya dialect. hehehe. :D[/quote] Really?? Hahaha! :lol: I'll check that out.. but I can't understand bisaya.
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ yup, too bad u cant understand bisaya, cuz that video is really damn funny. :lol: hahaha.
nica1214
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

wow nice ! thansk for the info!
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Oh I know! I'll get my housemate to translate it hahaha! Thanks for the video. :lol:

Last edited by Padme (2007-02-01 08:47:10)

FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

@nica: ur welcome :D @padme: oh so u have a bisaya housemate. heheh. just let her translate it correctly for you. hahah. :D

Last edited by FoRsAkEnKiD (2007-02-01 09:24:15)

meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: [b]nice nice kuya.. ^^, i never knew that there is such feature in youtube.. now i know what to say to my friends who are fond of putting up vids in their proffy.. ^_^ thenkkz[/b] :cool: :thumbsup:
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ ive really known this feature of YouTube for so long, but i though many knew it existed so i didnt bother to share it. anyway.. no probs about that :D :thumbsup: glad to help.
mango juice
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=FoRsAkEnKiD]ive just been browsing random friendster profiles just now, and out of 10 profiles i saw, 8 of them had YouTube videos on their media sections. the bad part of it, those who had videos on their pages had a long column of about 5-7 different videos, which is kind of annoying, cuz the long list of those videos took up much space on the page. it also kind of makes the loading of the profile page to be laggish since those videos are flash objects and all of them loading together makes your profile to load in about 48 years. :angry: heheh.[/quote] yeah.. i also noticed that.. well, i got my own youtube acount.. and i use playlist in my profile.. :D :cool:
Xian
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Yup that sure is a great tutorial they should follow that or try using dizzler... :D
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ yah Dizzler could also show your YouTube favorite videos on its 'Video' tab. :D for those who want to know more about Dizzler Media Player, go [url=http://theftalk.com/t1029-Multimedia-Player%21-%5Cm-%2C.html]to this thread[/url]. :thumbsup:
jamessss:b
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

thnks for the info. it really helps meee. or us. ^____^- in friendstertalk family. =|
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ that's good. heheh. :D :thumbsup: glad to help.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » ive just been browsing random friendster profiles just now, and out of 10 profiles i saw, 8 of them had YouTube videos on their media sections. the bad part of it, those who had videos on their pages

Pages: 12345..5

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 18:03

[ 10 queries - 0.090 second ]
Privacy Policy