• ARCHIVES 
  • » Is your computer sluggish or just slow, have you ever run a clean up or registry edit on it before, if not I would like to suggest CCleaner! It is a free application and I am extremely impressed with

Pages: 123456..6

Is your computer sluggish or just slow, have you ever run a clean up or registry edit on it before, if not I would like to suggest CCleaner! It is a free application and I am extremely impressed with

bobcbar
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Is your computer sluggish or just slow, have you ever run a clean up or registry edit on it before, if not I would like to suggest CCleaner! It is a free application and I am extremely impressed with

Is your computer sluggish or just slow, have you ever run a clean up or registry edit on it before, if not I would like to suggest CCleaner! It is a free application and I am extremely impressed with the improvement in my computer after using it. Be prepared the first to you run clean windows for the appication to take up to 2.5 hours to process depending on the size and usage of your hard drive. I was shocked when it found 173,867 un-needed files in windows and made over 100 deletions from my system registry file, which really speeded up the startup process. Here's part of the logfile. [url]http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner[/url] [quote]Cleans all areas of your Computer Internet Explorer Temporary files, history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat. Firefox Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history. Google Chrome Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history. Opera Temporary files, history, cookies. Safari Temporary files, history, cookies, form history. Windows Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files. Registry Cleaner Advanced features to remove unused and old registry entries.[/quote] They also have a great forum for support.

Last edited by bobcbar (2011-04-29 21:02:50)

Lordheinz
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: Is your computer sluggish or just slow, have you ever run a clean up or registry edit on it before, if not I would like to suggest CCleaner! It is a free application and I am extremely impressed with

thanks for this info bob...
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: Is your computer sluggish or just slow, have you ever run a clean up or registry edit on it before, if not I would like to suggest CCleaner! It is a free application and I am extremely impressed with

[quote=lordheinz]thanks for this info bob...[/quote] No problem, I use this everyday to delete my all the temporary files except the cookies I select to keep. Also do a register check once a week to keep it clean from junk.
NOSIOJ
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

Thanks for sharing!
Lordheinz
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=bobcbar][quote=lordheinz]thanks for this info bob...[/quote] No problem, I use this everyday to delete my all the temporary files except the cookies I select to keep. Also do a register check once a week to keep it clean from junk.[/quote] ok il do that then... =)
Ellakoi
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Thanks for sharing.
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

opps sorry for the double post :wallbash:

Last edited by bobcbar (2008-01-14 03:04:28)

bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

New info on Ccleaner for those sending me pm's about what it will clean. [quote][b]Cleans the following: Internet Explorer Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat. Firefox Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history. Opera Temporary files, URL history, cookies. Windows Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files. Registry cleaner Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature. Third-party applications Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more... 100% Spyware FREE This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses. [/b][/quote]
dynamicfriendsterwebmastr
» FTalker
1969-12-31

btr use tuneup utilities. it has the same function but you can customize also the whole windows including bootscreen, logon screen and visual styles.
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Thanks but disagree, this is a much better application and much less risky for newbies and wannabe computer geeks like me :eh:
regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

wow thanks!!! :D
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

ur welcome, just be prepare for it to process a long time the first time you use it =)
Kamandag
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Let CCleaner autmatically clean up your system everytime you boot-up with this: 1. Create a shortcut fo CClean with [b]/AUTO[/b] paramater. Path Ex. "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO 2. Copy your shorcut to: [b]C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup[/b] directory So, when you login. The program runs silently and then cleans with the default options. :eh: [i]edit:[/i] a friend of mine ask me if what if he wants to make it auto clean just before he logs-off instead of startup, here's what you sould do: 1. Start -> Run -> type "cleanmgr /sageset:50" without quotation marks -> OK -> place a checkmark next to the tasks you want performed -> OK 2. Start -> Run -> type notepad -> OK -> enter the text in the quote I've provided below -> save as "clean.bat" in the directory "C:\" 3. Start -> Run -> type gpedit.msc -> OK -> User Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Scripts -> rightclick Logoff -> Properties -> Add -> Browse -> Open "C:\clean.bat" -> OK [quote]cd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\" ccleaner.exe /AUTO cleanmgr /sagerun:50[/quote] I did try it my self. At first run, it takes your pc to shutdown a little longer since he has to clean a lot of files but the next time you shut it down it works fine. :eh:

Last edited by Kamandag (2008-03-15 06:27:17)

bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Kamandag..thanks for sharing that info my friend..I still use and love this program..amazing all the stuff it finds to clean up =)
`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

wow. this is so important. gotta remember this. hehe. thanks lolo bobcbar :)
rhyme_w/out_reason
» n00b
1969-12-31

is it for free???
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=rhyme_w/out_reason]is it for free???[/quote] Yes its free if you can't pay that ask for donation but does not matter the program works great!
dimee
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

thanks bob! its useful..
dheetiij's
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Btw,this is cool but how can we sure that this one is safe to use lolo bob???Many of the Freeware now are just only want to sabotage your registry :crybaby: ..!

Last edited by tjayvalrose_02 (2008-03-22 01:46:34)

coke_zerod
» n00b
1969-12-31

tnx 4 sharin
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » Is your computer sluggish or just slow, have you ever run a clean up or registry edit on it before, if not I would like to suggest CCleaner! It is a free application and I am extremely impressed with

Pages: 123456..6

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 23:29

[ 10 queries - 0.027 second ]
Privacy Policy