• ARCHIVES 
  • » May I suggest before a member can access the [b]Friendster Layouts [CSS][/b] section, they must have at least 100 post. Why am I suggesting this? [b]Reasons:[/b] [li]The new members will have time

Pages: 123

May I suggest before a member can access the [b]Friendster Layouts [CSS][/b] section, they must have at least 100 post. Why am I suggesting this? [b]Reasons:[/b] [li]The new members will have time

Shirow Masamune
» FTalkAgent
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: May I suggest before a member can access the [b]Friendster Layouts [CSS][/b] section, they must have at least 100 post. Why am I suggesting this? [b]Reasons:[/b] [li]The new members will have time

[quote]Before a member can access the Friendster Layouts [CSS] section, they must have at least 100 post.[/quote] i agree with this one why?? well it can give lots of benefits its good for the linker's life span it can live for a long moment somehow and members can familiarize well this forum first like you said before they can see the section well consider it as a perks/reward for being a member here just like having a ftalk member card :) and those freakin annoying spams there will be greatly reduce as well and will stall it so i guess this is the better choice for me...

Last edited by Shirow Masamune (2008-03-23 11:25:28)

Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: May I suggest before a member can access the [b]Friendster Layouts [CSS][/b] section, they must have at least 100 post. Why am I suggesting this? [b]Reasons:[/b] [li]The new members will have time

Ahh I see... So this means. The only members that can post there are the members you has hundred post basis also you need the same requirement to view the codes inside the code tag even if quoted :question: If the [b]quote to show code idea[/b] is still a possible threat, maybe the best thing to do is still the 1st suggestion. [quote]Before a member can access the Friendster Layouts [CSS] section, they must have at least 100 post.[/quote] Anyway it's your choice sir admin, it still depends if the forum has that particular system. Thank you sir for your time attending to this small matter. =) :thumbsup:

Last edited by Ephemeral (2008-03-23 11:26:43)

portuniecho
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=admin]I'm still not 100% sure if this can be implemented to the forum sistem but I'd like to suggest another one. [quote]Allow everyone to view the section, but only members with post count > 100 can post there and view the text inside the [i][[/i][i]code][/i] tags[/quote] [b]Concept:[/b] The combination of the two. This will protect the linkers' secrecy and hopefully will decrease spam rate. And only members with a 100 post can use the layouts and post on the category.[/quote] yahh i agree with dis one,, only member who has a 100 posts and above.can post on dat topic,, :thumbsup: and da guests and newbie's can view the css section but dey cant post and dey cant see the codes... very nice =) :thumbsup: like sir admin explanation,,, yes,,we can lessen da spam,,and with dis suggestion,,we can hide too da linker,, and all guest and newbies are welcome on dat section,,so everybody is welcome,,dey all can see da premade,,so if they want to get dat premade,,1st dey must have a 100 posts and above to see the codes.. and da linker,,very nice deal isnt it,, :D =) dats good,, :thumbsup: dis one much better.. =) :thumbsup:
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=admin]I'm still not 100% sure if this can be implemented to the forum sistem but I'd like to suggest another one. [quote]Allow everyone to view the section, but only members with post count > 100 can post there and view the text inside the [i][[/i][i]code][/i] tags[/quote] [b]Concept:[/b] The combination of the two. This will protect the linkers' secrecy and hopefully will decrease spam rate. And only members with a 100 post can use the layouts and post on the category.[/quote] That is a good solution but I am affraid it would increase the pm's to the mods and the number of posting in the help and other threads by members with less than 100 post asking why they can not get the codes. It would be better just to limit access to the thread to only members with 100 post or more if it is possible like you said. The only impact I can think of is would it have a negative impact on the forum when limiting certain topics to only members with X number of postings?
lilprincess950
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Yes,I totally agree because this will lessen the spams a bit just like ephemeral said.And it will also help the mods.Hope admin will approve this feature.
sHy19
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

i like the suggstion sir ephe., it somhow came to my mind b4... it will really help the forum & members themslves... on the othr hand, yes it will lessen the spams n that area (subforum), but in order to get that # of posts., those newbies hu jz come here to get layout codes myt resort to posting/spamming in other subsorums such as regional boards... & as sir bobcbar said., it also myt increase posts in the help section askng things bout the codes & the lay section itslf... anyway,. whatever the decision wil be... its fine with me...as a mmber of ths forum.

Last edited by sHy19 (2008-03-24 01:34:47)

0b3
» n00b
1969-12-31

Allow me to throw my two cents into the feedback pool: This is also my case which might make a good study: A year ago, I was a mere guest viewing this forum to access those layouts. That's it, I just want those fab layouts! Then slowly I scanned other depts & before I knew it I was tweaking my profile. I decided to become a member early this year. and started submitting layouts back when I was a newbie with a 40+ post only I think. And I am not alone in this dept, so many newbies are now contributing layouts. So forget the likes of us ever existed if this is ever implemented then ha! Forget about those bulk of members/guests viewing the CSS dept (yeah try to check where those people go!) Or if people really want their layouts published, or badly need those layouts, here's the scenario now: So those members who have 0 posts and/or newbies will then have to spam feverishly just to reach 100 for them to access the codes, am I not right? Look at those number of guests viewing.. imagine them registering, then posting and heaven forbid spamming in the process for them to access the layouts. This makes the idea a double edged sword then. Sure there is a good motive behind it but there are also consequences(good and bad) that might arise from its implementation. One of them could be losing those precious viewers.. I heard Chatbox was once a busy, busy area. Are you all ready for it? But if the sole purpose is to protect the linker shouldn't other sites practice discretion also in protecting it? Tell me, is FTalk the only one who have access to the linker? Coz I really don't know.. And if not, this battle cannot be won by us alone right? Like I said, this is just my opinion..
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=0b3]Allow me to throw my two cents into the feedback pool: This is also my case which might make a good study: A year ago, I was a mere guest viewing this forum to access those layouts. That's it, I just want those fab layouts! Then slowly I scanned other depts & before I knew it I was tweaking my profile. I decided to become a member early this year. and started submitting layouts back when I was a newbie with a 40+ post only I think. And I am not alone in this dept, so many newbies are now contributing layouts. So forget the likes of us ever existed if this is ever implemented then ha! Forget about those bulk of members/guests viewing the CSS dept (yeah try to check where those people go!) Or if people really want their layouts published, or badly need those layouts, here's the scenario now: So those members who have 0 posts and/or newbies will then have to spam feverishly just to reach 100 for them to access the codes, am I not right? Look at those number of guests viewing.. imagine them registering, then posting and heaven forbid spamming in the process for them to access the layouts. This makes the idea a double edged sword then. Sure there is a good motive behind it but there are also consequences(good and bad) that might arise from its implementation. One of them could be losing those precious viewers.. I heard Chatbox was once a busy, busy area. Are you all ready for it? But if the sole purpose is to protect the linker shouldn't other sites practice discretion also in protecting it? Tell me, is FTalk the only one who have access to the linker? Coz I really don't know.. And if not, this battle cannot be won by us alone right? Like I said, this is just my opinion..[/quote] Spam just to reach a 100? I think this is a impossible theory in some ways... I usually ban members who keeps spamming when they reach 13 consecutive post I do not know about the others but I think some have the same idea as mine. Of course I warned them before hand also the other mods. For the guest viewing turning into members. I am used to handling tons of PMs, and reports in my handled section, also I think the other mods are prepared as well. The hidden purpose of my idea is to help viewers learn to tweak their profile and practice their creativity and common sense in posting. Anyway if your view some post above regarding my suggestion, I think they have good ideas as well so kindly consider the suggestion of the other members and admin. :thumbsup: On the other hand we can just make the 100 post suggestion to a 30 post one.
Black Rose Dying
» n00b
1969-12-31

Ah, this is a good idea, but yes 100 might be too much. I guess its up for the admin to decide how many post a member needs, to access the category. Now is the time for mods here to show their strictness. I think this rule could be applied on "Tricks And Tutorials" as well, but thats another thing I guess.
portuniecho
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

@Black Rose Dying [quote]Now is the time for mods here to show their strictness.[b] I think this rule could be applied on "Tricks And Tutorials" as well, but thats another thing I guess.[/b][/quote] as u can see on sir ephe post,, =) [quote][b]The hidden purpose of my idea is to help viewers learn to tweak their profile and practice their creativity and common sense in posting[/b].[/quote] and as u can see da purpose of this suggestion,, [b]how can newbie learn if they cant acces to tricks and tuts,, ?? if dey will apply dis things on tricks and tuts??[/b]:rolleyes: it cant be applied to tricks and tuts,,wat is happening in our tricks and tuts now is okay,,ryt??..i cant see many spams der,,compared in CSS Section,, =) ,if u r concerned with da spam happening in tricks and tuts,, modz have a plan for dat.. no need to apply dis matter on our tricks and tuts,, and as a matter of fact,,this suggestion is for CSS section only,, as u can see on da post above and da other post of ours in dis topic, we understand that this things can be applied on css sections,,[b]but wer not thinkin of dat,,[/b]dat "apply on tricks and tuts too" [img]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/68.gif[/img] its better if in CSS section only,, =)

Last edited by portuniecho (2008-03-24 08:10:53)

0b3
» n00b
1969-12-31

Got your point there Sir Ephe! Don't get me wrong, I totally welcome your idea. This is just my point of view and based on my experience. At the onset, I came here just for the layouts. I assume most people do. I guess (assumption again!) that people are like me.. so impatient! They cannot even find the linkers when they're right under their noses, for heaven's sake! People always want it easy.. I'm more afraid of the "negative impact" to quote Sir Bobcbar. And so if we are to implement this I'm afraid that we are actually displacing our guests in order to discipline spammers. I'm afraid that we will be losing viewers and members whose sole purpose is to get their hands on those layouts . Especially people who merely access FTalk through an internet cafe and doesn't have the luxury of unlimited time surfing the web. I'm afraid that the CSS sec & FTalk in general will lose it's appeal if we hide the very section that they came here for. And add to that, the hassle of registering, the coming up with a 100 posts just to access those codes.. Again I'll be using myself as a gauge. And yes.. I admit! I'm guilty! Before, I want to up my post counts as well. To do this in a legit way, I played in the fun corner.. a lot.. sneaky eh? That was until I got tired of course, and again, when impatience got the better of me. I am now perfectly happy and couldn't care less regarding my rank.. Oh and btw, does this mean that Newbies cannot post a layout too? There are a lot of freakin good author nowadays, will they be displaced as well? Obviously my heart goes out to Newbies and Guests.. hehe.. Much easier to love them than those pesky spammers with a hundred even a thousand posts on their tails.. You have good intentions at heart there Sir and that is to improve this forum, ..but can we loosen up a bit on the 100 posts part?
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=0b3][b]Words where here...[/b] Oh and btw, does this mean that Newbies cannot post a layout too? There are a lot of freakin good author nowadays, will they be displaced as well? Obviously my heart goes out to Newbies and Guests.. hehe.. Much easier to love them than those pesky spammers with a hundred even a thousand posts on their tails.. You have good intentions at heart there Sir and that is to improve this forum, ..but can we loosen up a bit on the 100 posts part?[/quote] As I said earlier . [quote]On the other hand we can just make the 100 post suggestion to a 30 post one.[/quote] Easy to monitor activities and provides linker support at the same time. :thumbsup: Try to apply 30 post idea and sir admins code box suggestion and 30 post needed to post suggestion. =) [quote]Should we allow everyone to view the section, but only members with post count > 100 can post there?[/quote] [quote]Allow everyone to view the section, but only members with post count > 100 can post there and view the text inside the [code; tags[/quote] But rather than 100 we will just make it 30. Also no worries about getting wrong ideas. Everything is fine just as long we avoid user sarcasm and discrimination. The good thing about this is, I think the forum can support the function but, still if a member quotes the 1st post with the linker, it may cause problems. We will just set a guideline for that. @0b3 Thanks for you interest in this topic. @Black Rose Dying It's hard for a spammer to spread spamming activities on T&T because most of the active members hangout on the section. One click of report button can resolved that issue. Anyway it's better for T&T to be a open source so members can learn how to tweak their profiles. :thumbsup:
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

30 posts is too less.. 50 maybe is ok =) thats all i can say. the reason? well the hidden goal of this idea is for newbies to explore more right? i think having 50 posts is just enough for them to do that and for other members to guide them. =) thats all.
karuro72002
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

nice cool suggestion! now we can easily detect potencial spammers! :eh:
Shirow Masamune
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

aarrrggghhh i have enough of them they are everywhere on that thread :evil:
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: i think 100 is still good. it seems like a standard. remember the chatbox? 100 posts.
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ honestly meng.. im up for 100 too... i just said 50 coz of the 30 posts someone suggested. 100 posts is for the better.
Shirow Masamune
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ i totally i agree with this :evil:
kristina16
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

same here.... this will be a very big help to us... some of those members who are requesting for a layout only have 1 or 2 posts.. :|
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

OK final decision. A 100 post.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » May I suggest before a member can access the [b]Friendster Layouts [CSS][/b] section, they must have at least 100 post. Why am I suggesting this? [b]Reasons:[/b] [li]The new members will have time

Pages: 123

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 03:50

[ 9 queries - 0.027 second ]
Privacy Policy