• ARCHIVES 
  • » I love boxing, personally, and my favorite boxer is, honestly, Manny Pacquiao. I've been watching his fights for about 5 or 6 years now. Reading up on Pacman is one of the ways I came to like Pilipi

Pages: 123456..6

I love boxing, personally, and my favorite boxer is, honestly, Manny Pacquiao. I've been watching his fights for about 5 or 6 years now. Reading up on Pacman is one of the ways I came to like Pilipi

Infamous J
» FTalkElite
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: I love boxing, personally, and my favorite boxer is, honestly, Manny Pacquiao. I've been watching his fights for about 5 or 6 years now. Reading up on Pacman is one of the ways I came to like Pilipi

Pacman vs. Golden Boy ..... :paranoid: I haven't heard that rumor yet....that one scares me because I honestly don't think Pacman could beat Oscar. Manny would definitely be the underdog in that fight. Oscar is so much bigger and more powerful than Manny. Now....Pacman vs. Hitman....Yeah, Hatton is much bigger, but Manny's ferocious speed would be too much for him, I think. I hope to see this fight. =) [align=center][b]It's a classic: Margarito KOs Cotto in 11![/b][/align] [align=center][img]http://www.fightnews.com/margaritoko11.jpg[/img][/align] Former champion Antonio Margarito (37-5, 27 KOs) regained the world welterweight title with a brilliant eleventh round knockout of previously unbeaten WBA champion Miguel Cotto (32-1, 26 KOs) on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Cotto outboxed Margarito in round one, but the war was on in round two as both fighters connected with huge bombs. Margarito applied relentless pressure over the next few rounds, but Cotto, boxing beautifully, landed the cleaner blows. Margarito turned things around in the seventh, finally hurting Cotto and punishing the champion. Cotto tried to regroup in the eighth, but Margarito got to him again late in the round. Cotto seemed to win the ninth and most of the tenth, but got rocked at the end of the round. Margarito battered Cotto in the eleveth and Cotto took a knee twice before his corner threw in the towel. Time was 2:05. [align=center][img]http://www.fightnews.com/margaritoko11a.jpg[/img][/align] [align=center][img]http://www.fightnews.com/toprank360.gif[/img][/align]

Last edited by bhebhiej (2008-07-27 13:27:56)

niknok_1999
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: I love boxing, personally, and my favorite boxer is, honestly, Manny Pacquiao. I've been watching his fights for about 5 or 6 years now. Reading up on Pacman is one of the ways I came to like Pilipi

sad... two of me favorite boxer just lost.. aj bazooka banal and puertirican miguel cotto :( now philippines hope for the next manny pacquiao is on bernabe concepcion ..
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

I like Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista, as well. [align=center][b]Banal kayoed in 10![/b][/align] What was expected to be a lively Saturday night turned out dark for hot prospect AJ "Bazooka" Banal, who got iced in the 10th round and lost by knockout to Rafael "El Torito" Concepcion of Panama in a bout for the WBA interim super flyweight title at the Cebu City Coliseum in this city. The end came at 2:35 of the 10th canto when a painstaking Concepcion felled Banal with a right to the face in the neutral corner. Banal, dropped to his knees and refused to stand up despite prodding from his corner until referee Raul Caiz, Jr. reached the count. Banal looked on his way to a smashing victory when he bloodied Concepcion's nose in the middle of the opening round with a well-timed right uppercut. From there, Concepcion clinched most of the time as Banal kept on peppering the Panamanian with right-left combos and counter-punches. "I was nervous the first few rounds but I knew I can catch him later with a body shot," said Concepcion during a post-fight interview. Concepcion, whose reputation in surmounting difficulties was validated in this fight, worked on Banal's already frail body. The win upped Concepcion's record to 11-2-1, 7 KOs while Banal drops to 17-1-1, 14 KOs. [align=center][b]Lacy to retire?[/b][/align] [align=center][img]http://www.fightnews.com/laceyvsmendoza4.jpg[/img][/align] Former IBF super middleweight champion Jeff Lacy, expected to face former Olympic teammate Jermain Taylor on November 15, now says he's retiring. "There will be no fight between me and Jermain," Lacy told the Tampa Tribune. "I'm just retiring," he said. "I'm done. This business is dirty. That's all I have to say. This is a very dirty business. I would advise anyone who has kids not to ever let them fight in this business." Lacy (24-1, 17 KOs), who won a hard fought ten round majority decision over Epifiano Mendoza on Wednesday, did not go into specifics. [align=center][b]Judah, Clottey presser![/b][/align] [align=center][img]http://www.fightnews.com/judah-clottey.jpg[/img][/align] Two-division champ Zab Judah (35-5, 25 KOs) and former title challenger Joshua Clottey (34-2, 20 KOs) announced that they are in peak condition during a press conference held Saturday morning at The Lounge at The Palms in Las Vegas. "This is my time to be a champion," declared Clottey. "I am not going to lose this fight. No way!" Judah said: "I have known Joshua Clottey for a long time and I respect him. But as the old saying goes: 'The Bronx keeps on making it and Brooklyn keeps on taking it!' I am taking it August 2nd!" Judah's comments were in reference to Brooklyn being his hometown and that Clottey - who is a native of Ghana - fights out of the Bronx. Judah and Clottey will headline an HBO Boxing After Dark card next Saturday night for the IBF welterweight title vacated by Antonio Margarito. A full report and more photos will follow. [align=center][img]http://www.fightnews.com/toprank360.gif[/img][/align]
niknok_1999
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

bro bhebhiej.. do you think kelly pavlik and margarito is a good match up? the will fight in ligh middleweight ..? antonio margito is a beast man.. and i think the only boxer now who can match him is kelly pavlik .. if they fight at light middleweight class or if margarito can fight at middleweight.. ?
the_legend_killer
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Margarito wins over Cotto is a nice match :lol: the rumored match between the golden boy and pacman is by december :eh: & the rumored match between the hitman and pacman probably by next year =)
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[b]@niknok[/b] Ohhhhh, I'd love to see Margarito and Pavlik fight at light middleweight. I like Margarito and I think he's good, but I'm a big fan of Kelly Pavlik and I'd love to see Pavlik win that match-up. [b]@Guile[/b] The last I had heard about Manny was already set to fight against Edwin Valero on November 8 so I don't think he'd be fighting Oscar in December. I'm really hoping it's just a rumor because I seriously don't think Manny can beat Oscar. That would be a good fight for Oscar, though. I think he'd win easily. =| (p.s. I don't like Oscar De La Hoya) :lol: Anyway, I'll check the boxing wires again and see what I can find, if anything has been updated.
the_legend_killer
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

@ jesse major news here in the philippines is that bob arum is setting the match with the golden boy in december and when that match pursue thats the last match of the golden boy cause the golden boy is retiring =) i think when that match pursue no offense but even thew pacman is at his prime and has a huge speed! golden boy is a very big opponent to him and their weight class is a huge difference, pacman will be in a hell of a fight with golden boy (own opinion only =)) it's fun to watch it tho :lol:

Last edited by the_legend_killer (2008-07-27 15:46:19)

Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[url=http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content3117.html]FightHype.com[/url] [b]@Guile[/b] Holy sh*t ....you're right. =| :o I have to disagree that it will be fun to watch, though. It's not gonna be fun for me to see my favorite boxer (Pacquiao) get beat into a bloody pulp. :crybaby: Man, I just don't think Manny can win. From what I've read, they're think about meeting at 147 pounds. I think the only shot Manny has would be if Oscar gets dehydrated and has trouble coming down to that weight again. At the same time, however....I must admit that Manny and trainer Freddie Roach proved me wrong in the fight against Diaz. I [b]really[/b] thought it was gonna be tough for Manny stepping up to that weight division but he looked like he was 21 years old again, the fastest and strongest and most technical bout that I've ever seen Manny put on. Maybe Pacman and Roach can prove me wrong again. I hope so. =| [b]**Sidenote** [/b]My hope is that if the fight does happen that it will [b]not[/b] take place in Las Vegas, NV. That's Oscar's town, and it's no secret that there have been "accusations" and "dirty judges" when Oscar fights in Las Vegas. And this is his final fight, too? Nobody there is gonna want to see the Golden Boy lose in his final fight in [b]his[/b] town. I hope they work a deal that allows them to face off somewhere else....like....Manila. :lol: [align=center][b]CANOY RETAINS WBO ORIENTAL CROWN[/b][/align] [b]ZAMBOANGA CITY[/b]--WBO Oriental featherweight champion Eric Canoy retained his title here yesterday with a fourth-round technical draw with three-time world title challenger Terdsak Jandaeng of Thailand at the 8,000-capacity Zamboanga City Coliseum here. Canoy outboxed Jandaeng in the first two rounds before the Thai took the third using a big left and pressuring the local fighter for a fight. In the fourth, a clash of heads cut Canoy on his right eye, prompting the ringside physician to suggest to referee Bruce McTavish to halt the fight. "I'm happy to retain my title. I knew Terdsak was very strong, but I was ready to fight the whole 12 rounds after two months of training at the ALA Gym," said Canoy in an interview. The event was put up by Blue Stallion Promotions of Congressman Erbie Fabian and SGG Promotions of Sammy Gello-ani. Fabian, in an interview, revealed that Canoy should now be ripe for a fight in the United States under one of Golden Boy Promotions' events. In the chief support, former RP flyweight champ Federico Catubay proved to be the fighter of the day after outpunching Thailand's Narindeth Kokietgym over eight explosive rounds. Another Thai fighter, Samransak Singmanassak, decisioned Felix Tanamor over six rounds. The fights, a co-presentation with the Kokiet Group, was beamed 'live' throughout Thailand yesterday, and will be aired in the Philippines in the coming weeks. [align=center][b]ABE BREAKS OUT AND IMPRESSES VEGAS OBSERVERS[/b][/align] [b]Las Vegas, NV[/b]—Welcome to world stage Bernabe Concepcion! That was the sentiments from press row as boxing’s elite in the media world took notice to a new rising prospect in Concepcion. With the fall of A.J. Banal earlier that day in the Philippines, Concepcion took away a little of the nasty taste still being felt by fans who watched Banal’s heartbreaking defeat. Concepcion performed a true boxing professional as he stopped the over matched Adam Carrera in just three rounds. Abe sized up his opponent in the first round. “I was timing his punches because he’s tall and I didn’t know his style yet”, Concepcion, 26-1-1 (15 KOs), explained after his fight. And Carrera was trying to use his height and reach to kept the strong fighter at a distance. “But when I knew I can take his punches, I knew I can break him down”, said Concepcion, who followed through on his game plan. Concepcion’s supreme strength and power became too much for Carrera. A hard body initially dropped Carrera and one more knockdown finished off the journeyman Carrera, 19-4 (8 KOs). “Experience” was Concepcion’s assistant trainer, Aljoe Jaro, reaction to Abe’s knockout performance. Concepcion now knows what it feels like to succeed on an undercard of a huge boxing event. At 20 years old, Concepcion is only getting better and if he can maintain his discipline a world title will be in his future.
niknok_1999
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

paman and de la hoya is sure in december ..im sooo excited :D dont worry about manny as he gain weight he gains also power .. lol .. i think so.. :P i think he can still bring his power and speed at 147 pounds.. and even more stronger @ 147... he has a chance against de la hoya.. he should start training now!!! :mad: forget about showbiz, politics etc.. he should focus on boxing he should focus on boxing!!!! :mad: while hes still young focus in boxing career :mad: train hard .. focus .. boxing what made him .. he should focus in boxing for now :paranoid: he should prove the world the hes the greatest boxer of all time .. well if he defeats de la hoya.. then hatton.. then the winner of cassamayor - marquez.. then the winner of guzman - campbell.. if he defeats them all.. he will be the greatest boxer of all time in boxing history.. surpassing sugar ray leonard, ali n others :P lol or im i just daydreaming? :P :paranoid:
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[b]@niknok[/b] Thanks for the encouragement but I'm still worried about Pacquiao-De La Hoya. Wow. Manny's taking a [b]BIG[/b] step up to fight Oscar. I'm not saying that they're not in the same "league" but....wow. I guess we'll see in December. If Manny beats De La Hoya and Hatton, and then goes on to defeat all the others you mentioned....I think Manny could very possibly be considered the greatest of all time. There's a lot of Ali and Leonard fans, though, that would argue that statement, though. Thanks for staying active in my thread, bro. Appreciate it. =)
the_legend_killer
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

yeah hope that pacman vs golden boy wont happen in vegas =D :evil: for me its fun to watch hitman vs pacman rather than pacman gvs olden boy :lol:
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[b]@Guile[/b] Exactly....'cause I know Manny can be the a** kicker in a fight against Hatton as opposed to Manny being the guy getting his a** kicked against Oscar :lol:
the_legend_killer
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

if it really push the fight between pacman vs golden boy for sure the underdog in their fight is pacman =)
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Yeah, Manny will definitely be the underdog. I'm still really unsure about this matchup...If they meet at Welterweight, that's a 2 weight-class jump for Manny, from 135 lbs to 147 lbs. I really think he should just go 1 weight class at a time, take on Hatton at Jr. Welterweight, then jump to Welterweight to take on Oscar. But Oscar probably doesn't want to wait until next Spring to retire. Haaayyyyzzz. :paranoid: Here's the rankings for the period ending July 20, 2008 (I'm a little late putting them up), by The Ring Magazine. [url=http://www.thering-online.com/ringpages/ratings2.html]Current boxer rankings by The Ring Magazine[/url]
rhownjohn
» FTalker
1969-12-31

How about pacman vs. iron mike tyson?? hahaha
niknok_1999
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

just want to share my top 10 pound for pound... 1. manny pacquiao 2. kelly pavlik 3. juan manuel marquez 4. wladimir klitchko 5. antonio margarito 6. miguel cotto (since he lost his last fight im gonna replace him with nonito donaire :P) 7. bernard hopkins =) 8. joe calzhage 9. israel vasquez 10. christian mijares..
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[b]@niknok[/b] Nice list....I agree with most of them....especially Bernard Hopkins at #7. =) I'll put up my list too, a little bit later....I need to think about it for a few minutes. :D --Also, thanks for staying active in this thread, bro. Only you, me and the_legend_killer seem to be real boxing fans. :thumbsup:

Last edited by bhebhiej (2008-07-29 20:13:49)

ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[b]A man who rules with his left, rules the world[/b]. That's the old saying to all boxers who are ready to face the international fights using only his left fist to win without using his right fist. Well I'm one who love to love boxing most especially boxing in street hehehe joke[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4386/bwahahayi2.gif[/img] My favorite boxers are Manny Pacman and Ippo Makunouchi[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4386/bwahahayi2.gif[/img]
Frazen
» FTalker
1969-12-31

pacman vs de la hoya is ridiculous. I dunno what freddie said to manny that makes him convince he can knock oscar. He won't make it, i saw him fighting slower in lightweight and surely moving to welterweight is suicidal. de la hoya should fight margarito if really wants a good and unforgettable farewell match.
RichmondDarkrai
» FTalker
1969-12-31

bazuka banal lost because he don't punch concepcion while hugging :doubt:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I love boxing, personally, and my favorite boxer is, honestly, Manny Pacquiao. I've been watching his fights for about 5 or 6 years now. Reading up on Pacman is one of the ways I came to like Pilipi

Pages: 123456..6

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 13:51

[ 9 queries - 0.051 second ]
Privacy Policy