• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]Greetings:[/b] Magandang Umaga ---> Good Morning Magandang Tanghali ---> Good Afternoon, though literally Good Noon, lol Magandang Gabi ----> Good Evening Kamusta -----> Equivalent of Hello Paala

Pages: 12345678..8

[b]Greetings:[/b] Magandang Umaga ---> Good Morning Magandang Tanghali ---> Good Afternoon, though literally Good Noon, lol Magandang Gabi ----> Good Evening Kamusta -----> Equivalent of Hello Paala

rycell
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[b]Greetings:[/b] Magandang Umaga ---> Good Morning Magandang Tanghali ---> Good Afternoon, though literally Good Noon, lol Magandang Gabi ----> Good Evening Kamusta -----> Equivalent of Hello Paala

[b]Greetings:[/b] Magandang Umaga ---> Good Morning Magandang Tanghali ---> Good Afternoon, though literally Good Noon, lol Magandang Gabi ----> Good Evening Kamusta -----> Equivalent of Hello Paalam -----> Goodbye [b]Basic Filipino Words you ought to know:[/b] yes = oo - (oh-oh) no = hinde - (heen-deh) maybe = baka - (ba-k) I/me = ako (ah-koh) you = ikaw (singular); kayo (plural) - (e-cow, kah-yo) he/she = siya - (c-yah) they/them = sila - (c-lah) it/this = ito - (e-to) we/us = kami/tayo - (kah-me, kah-yo) yours = iyo - (e-yo) theirs = kanila - (kah-knee-lah) mine = akin - (ah-keen) is/are/am = ay - (I pronouced as long sound or just read as is, aayy) ugly = panget - (pah-nget) beautiful = maganda (mah-gun-the) handsome = gwapo/pogi - (gua-poh, poh-gee) halimbawa ng pangungusap = sample sentence: Ako ay panget = I am ugly. ED Note: rei, we're basic but not THIS basic, lol. Ikaw ay maganda/gwapo. = You are beautiful/handsome. [b]Syntax[/b] ang salitang "ay" ay ginagamit bilang isang linking verb (the word "ay" is used as a linking verb) ang salitang "mga" ay ginagamit bago ang salita kung ito ay pangmaramihan (the word "mga" is used before a word if it is in plural form) mga panghalip (pronouns): ako - i siya - he/she sila - they kami - we (excluding the one spoken to) tayo - we (including the one spoken to) ikaw - you (singular) kayo - you (plural) mga halimbawa: (examples) ako ay gwapo. (i am handsome.) siya ay matangkad. (he/she is tall.) sila ay malakas. (they are powerful.) ang mga aso ay tumatahol (the dogs are barking.) ikaw ay maganda (you are beautiful.) tulad ng ilang salita sa ingles, puwede rin itong paikliin (like some english words, these can be truncated) mga halimbawa: (examples) ako'y gwapo. siya'y matangkad. sila'y malakas. ika'y maganda. maaari rin itong baligtarin. madalas ginagamit ang baligtad na syntax sa pang araw-araw na pangungusap (it can also be reversed. the reversed syntax are common in every day sentences) mga halimbawa: (examples) gwapo ako. matangkad siya. malakas sila. tumatahol ang mga aso. maganda ka. [b]Phonetics:[/b] Unlike the phonetics of the Japanese, where a character only has one pronounciation, the Filipino language is much like the English language in the sense that a single word can mean something totally different depending on how you pronounce it. I'll give examples on that later, on the meanwhile, here's a few practice examples on using Filipino Phonetics. gusto mo magtanung sa pilipino? wanna ask a question in filipino? basic interrogative words: the 5 W's Who = Sino (pronounce c-no) What = Ano (pronounce A-no) When = Kailan (pronounce Ke-lan) Where = Saan (pronounce Sa-an) Why = Bakit (pronounce Ba-kit) other: How = Paano (pronounce Pa-ah-no) Like english these words are placed before the sentence pertaining to a question. [b]Counting in Filipino[/b] 1 = isa 2 = dalawa 3 = tatlo 4 = apat 5 = lima 6 = anim 7 = pito 8 = walo 9 = siyam 10 = sampu Upon reaching eleven, a special rule comes up by adding a prefix to the count 11 = labing-isa 12 = labing-dalawa and soon on until 19 = labing-syam for twenty to ninety-nine, another rule is used. Instead of labing we add the number of the count in tens, turning them to adjectives so they don't sound silly. for example: 21 = dalawampu't-isa 22 = dalawampu't-dalawa 63 = anim na pu't-isa (note that for 60, we added na as a conjunction to simply make the statement grammatically correct since the pu't is added to the others which ends in consonants with out it.) for hundreds, we simply say: 100 = isang daan (translates as One Hundred) 101 = isang daan at isa (translates as One Hundred and One, hence the conjunction at) 102 = isang daan at dalawa 200 = dalawang daan for higher counts: 1000 = isang libo 10000 = sampung libo 100000 = isang daang libo 1000000 = isang milyon etc. notice the pattern? [b]Translation Filipino to English and Vice Versa:[/b] Like most in languages, translation does not require the literal translation of the sentence, phrase or statement which leads to inaccurate and often funny conversions but rather merely on the thought that is meant to be shared. Example: Gumising ako kaninang umaga ng maaliwalas ang pakiramdam. Wrong, literal translation: Woke I this morning with a clear sensation. (Doesn't make much sense and sounds downright nasty. :D) Correct translation: I woke up this morning feeling refreshed. [b]Jolog Speak:[/b] 1. What's a Jolog? Will answer later. lol. anyway on with the tutorial 2. Repapips / 'dre / 'tol - refers to a friend or acquitance and used as the term "buddy" => di ikaw kei 3. Asa! - a popular insult usually made by pinoys in gaming, having been the target of such means that you're still too weak to surpass his leetness or hit can also be that e/she is merely showing off. :D 4. Tropa - refers to one's peers 5. Amfness - a contraction of a Filipino swear word. 6. Adik! - refers to someone who's totally into something
eykalsyamim
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: [b]Greetings:[/b] Magandang Umaga ---> Good Morning Magandang Tanghali ---> Good Afternoon, though literally Good Noon, lol Magandang Gabi ----> Good Evening Kamusta -----> Equivalent of Hello Paala

huhu..very nice actually this..TQ..but i think it's not belong to this thread.. :arrow: topic move to FRIENDSTER LOUNGE
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: [b]Greetings:[/b] Magandang Umaga ---> Good Morning Magandang Tanghali ---> Good Afternoon, though literally Good Noon, lol Magandang Gabi ----> Good Evening Kamusta -----> Equivalent of Hello Paala

Yup.. this should be elsewhere. =) Maybe move it to the [b][u]Friendster Underground[/u][/b]. :idea: It might be useless if its posted in the Philippines section, Since everyone there already speaks Filipino.

Last edited by Padme (2007-06-20 23:16:17)

DanN DYKSTRA
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

wahaha..i'm liking this... might be useful :thumbsup:
skymansky
» n00b
1969-12-31

this cud help so many filipinos. :thumbsup:
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Wow this is very useful for me :lol: thank you :) Please add also some Slang words :D
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote=skymansky]this cud help so many filipinos. :thumbsup:[/quote] This is more useful to our fellow Ftalk members who are not Filipino (our fellow Indonesian and Malaysian forumers) who are interested in learning our language. Maybe we can also have Indonesian 101 and Malaysian 101 threads. =|
cip6192
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

i think that was nice maybe someday the other region can all speak filipino languages :D i think it may take too long
[zuBie]
» FTalker
1969-12-31

really nice! i'm filipino, but i dont speak a word of tagalog..! thanx for the useful info! :thumbsup:
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Translator will help if we have?!
eizarg
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

nice you..this one will help everyone specially those who dont know how to speak tagalog..i salute you..be proud to be a PINOY.. :thumbsup: =) >>> +1 reputation for you kuya rycell..

Last edited by eizarg (2007-07-27 07:00:02)

heartcore
» FTalker
1969-12-31

it's like going back to my elementary days... lol :lol: btw, nice one you got here... it'll sure help many people understand the filipino language :D
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=eddie1315]:eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh:[/quote] No spamming please :eh:
iloveyou4lyf
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Wow nice thread It can help all none Filipino Members here at FTalk. :eh: :thumbsup:
cypnet
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Nays thread!. :eh:
styker17
» n00b
1969-12-31

nice!! :thumbsup: this will be useful... =)
FeenQueGurL_08
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[b]Nice love your tutorials :thumbsup: [/b]
lucknskill
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Since it's valentines try these words: i love you = mahal kita i love you too = mahal din kita i really love you = mahal na mahal kita i care for you = nag-aalala ako sa iyo will you be mine? = pwede ka bang maging akin? i am yours = ako ay sa iyo you are mine only = ikaw ay akin lamang Your so sweet = sweet mo naman no chocolates? = walang tsokolate? where are my flowers? = nasaan mga bulaklak ko? You forgot?! = nakalimutan mo?! I hate you! = Galit ako sa iyo! Slap = Sampal :D hek hek hek..
misz.faith
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

nice thread!post more. .this will help a lot! :thumbsup:
shizzle_819
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

nice thread. this cud be useful. =|
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]Greetings:[/b] Magandang Umaga ---> Good Morning Magandang Tanghali ---> Good Afternoon, though literally Good Noon, lol Magandang Gabi ----> Good Evening Kamusta -----> Equivalent of Hello Paala

Pages: 12345678..8

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 01:26

[ 14 queries - 0.027 second ]
Privacy Policy