• ARCHIVES 
  • » [align=center][b] :arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in yo

Pages: 123456..6

[align=center][b] :arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in yo

xelcris
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

[align=center][b] :arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in yo

[align=center][b] :arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good?[/b][/align] [align=center]i need your opinion about this... :exclaim: plz help... =D[/align] [b]Fraternity (Latin frater: brother) is a brotherhood, though the term usually connotes a distinct or formal organization. The only true distinction between a fraternity and any other form of social organization is the implication that the members freely associate as equals for a mutually beneficial purpose, (rather than because of a religious, governmental, commercial, or familial bond, although there are fraternities dedicated to each of these topics).).[1] In most instances, they are limited to male membership, but that is not always the case, and there are mixed male and female, and even wholly female fraternities. Such as, for general fraternities, Grande Loge Mixte de France, Honorable Fraternity of Ancient Freemasons, Grande Loge Feminine de France, Order of the Eastern Star, for college and university fraternities, Alpha Phi International, Delta Delta Delta. Fraternities can be organized for many purposes, including university education, work skills, ethics, ethnicity, religion, politics, charity, chivalry, other standards of personal conduct, asceticism, service, performing arts, family command of territory, and even crime. There is almost always an explicit goal of mutual support; and while there have been fraternal orders for well-off in society, there have also been very many fraternities for those in the lower ranks of society, (especially for national or religious minorities). Trade unions also grew out of fraternities, such as the Knights of Labor. The ability to organize freely apart from the institutions of government and religion were a fundamental part of the establishment of the modern world. In Living the Enlightenment, Margaret C. Jacobs showed the development of Jurgen Habermas' 'public space' in 17th century Netherlands was closely related to the establishment of lodges of Freemasons.[2][/b] [b]History There are known fraternal organizations which existed as far back as ancient Greece and Rome, and analogous institutions called confraternities which existed allied to the Catholic Church in the late medieval period. The development of Freemasonry in the early 1700s became a critical watershed moment in fraternal organization, and there have been hundreds of varieties of Freemasonry, and thousands of closely parallel organizations since then. Virtually any fraternal organizations today bear some debt to the models of organization first worked out in Masonic lodges.[3] The development was especially dynamic in America, where the freedom to associate outside governmental regulation is expressly sanctioned in law.[4]There have been hundreds of fraternal organizations in America alone, and at the turn of the last century, there were enough memberships for every adult male, (because of multiple memberships, probably only 50% of adult males belonged to any organizations).[5] Arthur M. Schlesinger coined the term 'a nation of joiners' to refer to the phenomenon in October 1944. [6] Schlesinger in turn referred to de Tocqueville's commentary on American reliance on private organization dating back to the 1830s. There are many attributes that fraternities can have, or not depending on their structure and purpose. Fraternities can have differing degrees of secrecy, some form of initiation or ceremony marking admission, formal codes of behavior, disciplinary procedures, very differing amounts of real property and assets.).[7][/b] [align=center]The harder the way in.. The more loyal the people are... It's not easy to let go of something that made you feel the pain and suffering.. it'll mark in your head forever... You should be proud of that... trust me.. :thumbsup: heheheh.... [/align]

Last edited by xelcris (2008-09-24 05:25:04)

MiiMiiNEKoO
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: [align=center][b] :arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in yo

[quote=xelcris]:arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good?[/quote] 1) No im not. :D 2) Fraternities are stupid.Your just gonna hurt yourself and will gain nothing. 3) Members?The've started ruining there lives.. :/ 4) [b]SO bad[/b]
xelcris
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: [align=center][b] :arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in yo

[quote=MiiMiiNEKoO]xelcris wrote: :arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good? 1) No im not. :D 2) Fraternities are stupid.Your just gonna hurt yourself and will gain nothing. 3) Members?The've started ruining there lives.. :/ 4) SO bad[/quote] dont judge the book by its cover... i think u should try to search about that before u said anything... for those people who dont really know and dont understand... btw thanx for dat... heheh.. its ur opinion,not mine...
jmaex3
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? Not at the moment What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? An opportunity of a lifetime to meet ppl & experience new things What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? Those who I know respect it & have built bonds & relationships with people who have taught them respect and good/bad morals in life in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good? it is both a good and bad thing. sure, there are those certain "things" or obstacles you have to overcome to be in one, but the good things are the ones that will make it worthwhile.
akuzet16
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

bad.. bec. it could be the reason that u'll die.. lolx.
xelcris
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=jmaex3]are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? Not at the moment What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? An opportunity of a lifetime to meet ppl & experience new things What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? Those who I know respect it & have built bonds & relationships with people who have taught them respect and good/bad morals in life in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good? it is both a good and bad thing. sure, there are those certain "things" or obstacles you have to overcome to be in one, but the good things are the ones that will make it worthwhile.[/quote] [b] wow.. u have plan entering a frat/sor org?? :) Thats what you call brotherhood/sisterhood... wow.. ur good... i agree with you... tnx for that opinions.. i thought im the only one who understand frat/sor... heheh... im a member of a frat/sor org here in gensan.. hehe... :lol:[/b] [quote=akuzet16]bad.. bec. it could be the reason that u'll die.. lolx.[/quote] [b]yup, it could be the reason that ur lifetime will be shortened, but it depends upon u, whether you'll push thru the end, or stop and quit... its a choice that can changed ur lyf completely.. its a test of independency also... once u enter a fraternity/sorority.. backing out is hard.. heheh.. so if u have intention to join a frat org.. you should ask urself.. y who would i join a frat/sor? what benefits will i get when i enter a frat/sor? why i am risking my lyf for this? heheh.. =) :thumbsup: keepsafe! [/b]
jmaex3
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=xelcris]so if u have intention to join a frat org.. you should ask urself.. y who would i join a frat/sor? what benefits will i get when i enter a frat/sor? why i am risking my lyf for this?[/quote] those are the almost exact questions i've asked myself :D
xelcris
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=jmaex3]those are the almost exact questions i've asked myself :D[/quote] [b]aheheh.... nyc... so whats ur plan? r entering a frat/sor? [/b]
jmaex3
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

i will be entering one in two years. right now i'm just learning from others of how it works.
xelcris
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=jmaex3]i will be entering one in two years. right now i'm just learning from others of how it works.[/quote] aw.. heheh.. nyc.. but y aftr two years? hmm.. where will u enter a frat/sor? r u really fom USA? :)
jmaex3
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

i'll be enterting in a Sorority in the Philippines. Right now I'm in my Junior year of highschool. If I was in the Phils. right now I'd be in one =[ but sadly I'm not. In two years, I'll graduate and come back to the Phils =] I'll look @ my options once I arrive in Cebu.
BwizetT
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote][b]MiiMiiNEKoO wrote:[/b] 2) Fraternities are stupid.Your just gonna hurt yourself and will gain nothing. 3) Members?The've started ruining there lives.. :/ 4) SO bad[/quote] [b]I'm A bit Hurt there Jamie :crybaby:[/b] [b]But that's ok Rockmate we a re Entitled with our own Opinion, There's no need to be angry Topic starter[/b] [b]Love Being A Clean Tau Gamma Member, Please do not misjudge our Fraternity Becoz of other Bretheren that do not follow rules of conduct in executing initiation rites...[/b] [b]For My Fair Opinion:[/b] :arrow: [b]Tau Gamma Phi Philippines Makati Chapter =D[/b] :arrow: [b]that for me is for you to decide if you want to enter a realm of Brotherhood..[/b] :arrow: [b]that my Sisteren and Bretheren do Guide other Frat Members to rightest of Conduct :eh:[/b] :arrow: [b]that for my opinion is Good for me, I learned how the [u]Word[/u],[u]Respect[/u] and [u]Loyalty[/u] are Molded into one :D :globe:[/b]
xelcris
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=jmaex3]i'll be enterting in a Sorority in the Philippines. Right now I'm in my Junior year of highschool. If I was in the Phils. right now I'd be in one =[ but sadly I'm not. In two years, I'll graduate and come back to the Phils =] I'll look @ my options once I arrive in Cebu.[/quote] y r u in states? ahh... i z...wow heheh... sosyal heheh.. gudluck in ur studies.. ahhh heheh... nyc... be loyal to that org. and be proud... so ur from cebu? hmm.. so ur in 3rd year now... heheh... nyc... gudluck =) :thumbsup: [quote=BwizetT]MiiMiiNEKoO wrote: 2) Fraternities are stupid.Your just gonna hurt yourself and will gain nothing. 3) Members?The've started ruining there lives.. :/ 4) SO bad I'm A bit Hurt there Jamie :crybaby: But that's ok Rockmate we a re Entitled with our own Opinion, There's no need to be angry Topic starter Love Being A Clean Tau Gamma Member, Please do not misjudge our Fraternity Becoz of other Bretheren that do not follow rules of conduct in executing initiation rites... For My Fair Opinion: :arrow: Tau Gamma Phi Philippines Makati Chapter =D :arrow: that for me is for you to decide if you want to enter a realm of Brotherhood.. :arrow: that my Sisteren and Bretheren do Guide other Frat Members to rightest of Conduct :eh: :arrow: that for my opinion is Good for me, I learned how the Word,Respect and Loyalty are Molded into one :D :globe:[/quote] tnx for defending the frat/sor org bro... really appreciated it =) :thumbsup: wow heheh... a Fratman like me... so ur a triskelion nice... i have a lot o friends in that org here in MSU gensan... hehehe.. im a member of a fRAt/Sor too... im From Kappa LAmbda Mu 1977... =) :thumbsup: tnx again bro..=) :thumbsup: opinion is an opinion.. whether its bad or good.. we cant please everybody.. im hurt too.. but i dont mind it.. there are just too many people who dont really understand what is FRat/Sor orG. =) :thumbsup: they should be ORiented =) :thumbsup: ill post an orientation style here in this topic, so that they would know what is really a frat/SOr org... soon... :|

Last edited by xelcris (2008-08-24 21:16:14)

BwizetT
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote][b]xelcris wrote:[/b] they should be ORiented =) :thumbsup: ill post an orientation style here in this topic, so that they would know what is really a frat/SOr org... soon... :|[/quote] [b]I'll wait for that Bro..[/b] [b]Long Live Triskellion Long Live Kappa LAmbda Mu :D[/b]
jamessss:b
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

:arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good? NO. If you're really a strong and tough person. Face your own WORLD. Pathetic. I dunno. hahaha! =D
BwizetT
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote][b]james_cuteoo2 wrote:[/b] :arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good? NO. If you're really a strong and tough person. Face your own WORLD. [b]Pathetic.[/b] I dunno. hahaha! =D[/quote] [b]Bro hope you didn't really meant the bolded part :disgust: :doubt:[/b]

Last edited by BwizetT (2008-08-25 00:56:51)

gurl_insane
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote]are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good?[/quote] [b]... yes i am! ... hmmn.. let's start .. if someone's heard that ur in a frat or soro they think that ur bad or something.. well, its wrong kasi my organization is been a part of a red cross services and we make project for our community and we have a mision and vision..... ... ive been a member of an organization, first i was really afraid .. i learned a lot of thing being a member of a soro.. here u will develop unity, leadership,discipline and trust! ... GOOD![/b]
xelcris
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=BwizetT]xelcris wrote: they should be ORiented =) :thumbsup: ill post an orientation style here in this topic, so that they would know what is really a frat/SOr org... soon... :| I'll wait for that Bro.. Long Live Triskellion Long Live Kappa LAmbda Mu :D[/quote] aheheh... tnx bro.. im making it ryt now... but soon to be finished.. i nid to search more about this.. plz be patient heheh... tnx again =) :thumbsup: [b] ONe FOr aLL, All For One[/b] [quote=james_cuteoo2]are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good? NO. If you're really a strong and tough person. Face your own WORLD. Pathetic. I dunno. hahaha! =D[/quote] hmm... u should be oriented... 1st thing 1st, [b]think before you say anything[/b].. bcoz u may hurt someone... and also, dont be a judgmental... [b] Why Pathetic?[/b] try to search the net about this... so that you will learn or u will have knowledge about this... [quote=BwizetT]james_cuteoo2 wrote: :arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good? NO. If you're really a strong and tough person. Face your own WORLD. Pathetic. I dunno. hahaha! =D Bro hope you didn't really meant the bolded part :disgust: :doubt:[/quote] dont mind him bro... he doesnt know... his a fool.. saying something he didnt even know what it is he is talking about.. [quote=gurl_insane]are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good? ... yes i am! ... hmmn.. let's start .. if someone's heard that ur in a frat or soro they think that ur bad or something.. well, its wrong kasi my organization is been a part of a red cross services and we make project for our community and we have a mision and vision..... ... ive been a member of an organization, first i was really afraid .. i learned a lot of thing being a member of a soro.. here u will develop unity, leadership,discipline and trust! ... GOOD![/quote] ahhh... wow... nyc... =) :thumbsup: ... that is good.. a community service... helping people... doing something w/out expecting something in return... paying back the country we live in by helping others... =) :thumbsup: can u plz tell me what's the name of ur HOnorable ORg? :)
jmaex3
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=xelcris]y r u in states? ahh... i z...wow heheh... sosyal heheh.. gudluck in ur studies.. ahhh heheh... nyc... be loyal to that org. and be proud... so ur from cebu? hmm.. so ur in 3rd year now... heheh... nyc... gudluck =) :thumbsup:[/quote] my mom decided to move to the states with my dad, so now i'm here =] i am originally from leyte, but i've always spent much of my time in cebu on the days i wasnt in school. thanks =] do you know of any good universities in Cebu with a good sorority house???
Kaygee :3
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=xelcris]:arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in your own opinion.. is fraternity/sorority, bad or good?[/quote] 1. NO i'm NOT. :eh: 2. hmm..i don't have any idea bout fraternity/sorority :D 3. gangster?!hahaha! :wallbash: 4. ahhmm.. for me??BAD :o lols!*study study study FIRST! =)
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [align=center][b] :arrow: are u a member of a fraternity/sorority? :arrow: What can you say about Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: What can you say about the member of a Fraternity/Sorority? :arrow: in yo

Pages: 123456..6

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 06:07

[ 10 queries - 0.052 second ]
Privacy Policy