• ARCHIVES 
  • » I've always loved reading trivias. Here's a an educational thread, good for our brains! Just write the most interesting trivias or facts that you know. [b]Let's boost our IQs![/b] =|:thumbsup: [b]N

Pages: 1..1234567

I've always loved reading trivias. Here's a an educational thread, good for our brains! Just write the most interesting trivias or facts that you know. [b]Let's boost our IQs![/b] =|:thumbsup: [b]N

regiehiozn
» FTalkFreak
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: I've always loved reading trivias. Here's a an educational thread, good for our brains! Just write the most interesting trivias or facts that you know. [b]Let's boost our IQs![/b] =|:thumbsup: [b]N

hmm lets see.. racecar is spelled the same backwards.
kielmaru_07
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Re: I've always loved reading trivias. Here's a an educational thread, good for our brains! Just write the most interesting trivias or facts that you know. [b]Let's boost our IQs![/b] =|:thumbsup: [b]N

uhmm. the sentence "the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog" has all the alphabets in it.
pinkblack08
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

^yeah,i know that.. :D anyway,wow!fascinating facts and trivia! :o

Last edited by pinkblack08 (2008-03-06 05:20:24)

Shim Oo-Ma
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

[quote=kielmaru_07]uhmm. the sentence "the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog" has all the alphabets in it.[/quote] where is c and s? @Topic: cats can know how the human's feelings are
xXXloveTOMAXXx
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=Xian]Here's an entertaining info for the human mind.. Basically, the concept is top-down versus bottom-up processing. With bottom-up, you start with the core elements, while with top-down, you look for order. For instance, when you look at a dog, you generally don't say to yourself, "Well I see four legs, two eyes, a nose, a mouth, etc, etc..." you immediately say and think "That's a dog," because the majority of humanity searches for order first, rather than sorting through the elements. Well, this is where this particularly get interesting. [b]Read the following: I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorant.[/b] This is an instance of top-down processing within the mind. Instead of finding a jumble, we figure out the words almost instinctively because our brains search for order in the letters rather than the words, so as long as the first and last letter in a word remain in place, the rest can be jumbled, and our minds fill in the insanity for us. A healthy human brain actively seeks order as opposed to the elements. If you absolutely can't read the jumbles, you're experience bottom-up processing, whereby you see the letters, and that's it. Anyways, I thought this was nifty cool, and was wondering if any of you had ever heard or seen of this before? :D :thumbsup:[/quote] yea. :D:D i've seen it already. it is in zwani.com and it was categorized as FUNNY COMMENT. up to now.. i'm still wonderin why they put it to that category. hahahaha. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
xXXloveTOMAXXx
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=takashi]orangutans love mangoes... :)[/quote] my gaaaad!. am i an orangutan??. :o:o:crybaby: hahahaha. :lol:
xXXloveTOMAXXx
» n00b
1969-12-31

mine: earthworms have COMPLETE body systems. :lol::lol: i learned it from my biology teacher while dissecting an earthworm. :lol::lol:
xXXloveTOMAXXx
» n00b
1969-12-31

another: in japan.. girls should cover their mouth while laughing. it is an improper behavior if you show your teeth while laughing. hahaha. i really wana visit japan but when i've read an article about this.. i doubted. hahahahaha. i can't stand it!. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i'm not sure if it's true.
xXXloveTOMAXXx
» n00b
1969-12-31

INDIA.. when someone is asking you a question.. if you move your head up and down.. that means "no". if you move your head from left to right.. it means "yes".
xXXloveTOMAXXx
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=사랑해요UmA_loVe사랑해요][quote=kielmaru_07]uhmm. the sentence "the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog" has all the alphabets in it.[/quote] where is c and s? @Topic: cats can know how the human's feelings are[/quote] it's wrong.. jump should be JUMPS. "the qui[b][u]c[/u][/b]k brown fox jump[b][u]s[/u][/b] over the lazy dog."
FJ almighty
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

tnx 4 sharin
jhayyuliajay
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

i've got a little something here... did you know that bacterias in the ear increases 700 times when you use earphones/headphones? and... the longest word is PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS, beating the tired out FLOCINAUCINIHILIFICATION. the longest word actually means some kind of disease in the lungs,noticeably because of the term "pneumono" at the beginning of the word.haha...memorized it on my head,believe it or not...haHa...if you want long words vocabulary,you can ask me...haha
♥brains&beauty♥
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Here, I have some... :D :idea: [i][b]Did you know...?[/b][/i] [spoiler] :arrow: It can take a deep-sea clam up to 100 years to reach 0.3 inches (8 millimeters) in length. The clam is among the slowest growing, yet longest living species on the planet. :o :arrow: It is the female lion who does more than 90 percent of the hunting, while the male is afraid to risk his life, or simply prefers to rest. :arrow: According to one source, Americans buy about 5 million things that are shaped like Mickey Mouse, or have a picture of Mickey Mouse on them, in the course of one day. :arrow: According to the folks at Disney there were 6,469,952 spots painted on the dogs in the original 101 Dalmatians. :O That's a lot of spots! :arrow: In parts of Greece and Italy, people say “no” by tossing their heads back and clucking their tongues. :wasted: Weird... :arrow: In Puerto Rico, wiggling one's nose means roughly "What's going on?" :lol: :arrow: In the spring of 2000, it was reported that a 25-year-old Tehran transsexual, who had just undergone extensive surgery to become a woman, said he wanted to change back to a man after realizing just how poorly women are treated in Iran. :P :arrow: The ant has the largest brain in the animal kingdom, in proportion to its size. :arrow: Ten percent of men are left-handed while only 8 percent of women are left-handed. Male or female, all left-handed people are "in their right mind."[/spoiler] Hehehe... :D
edward69
» FTalker
1969-12-31

w0w..cool thread!!!!
jhayyuliajay
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

wee...my iq is getting higher!
pauline416
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

did you know that there is a mammal that can lay eggs? =)
unique_user
» FTalker
1969-12-31

cheese is the most shoplifted item in italy...yup thats a fact!just learned it from the show [b]are u smarter than a fifth grader.[/b] [spoiler][color=red][b]OnCe miNe...alWayS mINe! [/b][/color][/spoiler]
CoWoCuPu
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

may i used one of'em dat u've been shared?!? please... nice one guys!! keep it up!! =):thumbsup:

Last edited by CoWoCuPu (2008-05-28 19:59:09)

koleen_shigella
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

did you know that there are speculations that the earth would end on 2012?? :arrow: did you know that lemon flavored food are flavored with artificial lemon, and non-food (dishwashing liquids) are flavored with real lemons??? :arrow: you always open your mouth when applying eyeliner..
icepink009
» FTalker
1969-12-31

:o:o:o:o wheeww.. that's cool to know sum of stuffs in here.. :eh::eh::eh:
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I've always loved reading trivias. Here's a an educational thread, good for our brains! Just write the most interesting trivias or facts that you know. [b]Let's boost our IQs![/b] =|:thumbsup: [b]N

Pages: 1..1234567

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 22:49

[ 9 queries - 0.063 second ]
Privacy Policy