• ARCHIVES 
  • » I've always loved reading trivias. Here's a an educational thread, good for our brains! Just write the most interesting trivias or facts that you know. [b]Let's boost our IQs![/b] =|:thumbsup: [b]N

Pages: 112345677

I've always loved reading trivias. Here's a an educational thread, good for our brains! Just write the most interesting trivias or facts that you know. [b]Let's boost our IQs![/b] =|:thumbsup: [b]N

lucknskill
» FTalkAgent
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: I've always loved reading trivias. Here's a an educational thread, good for our brains! Just write the most interesting trivias or facts that you know. [b]Let's boost our IQs![/b] =|:thumbsup: [b]N

^ oh...you study psychology too? hehehe what's your course? [b]More Facts and Trivias: [/b] • It snowed in the Sahara desert on February 18, 1979. (it is possible for philippines and other equatorial countries to have snow huh? :eh: ) • 6% of men propose over the telephone! (guys really are shy sometimes... [or we might want to propose cheap] :retard: ) • Coffee drinkers have sex more frequently than non-coffee drinkers. (coffee anyone?) • By the age of 60, most people have lost 50% of their taste buds. (gotta taste everything while it is early!! :penguin: ) • The great warrior Ghengis Khan died in bed while having sex. (history hall of shame... :| ) • 91% of us lie regularly everyday without noticing. (my sig explains it at last! >_<) • 28.1% of people pee in the pool ! (ahhh..gotta love swimming..) • People who are modestly overweight have a lower risk of death than those of normal weight! (uh oh..) • Someone on Earth reports seeing a UFO every three minutes. (maybe at least one is true........nahhh) • Panophobia is the fear of everything. (such person exists?? oO,) • Avocados are poisonous to birds. (my 2 love birds died bcoz of this..now i know.)
blackwhiskey_28
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: I've always loved reading trivias. Here's a an educational thread, good for our brains! Just write the most interesting trivias or facts that you know. [b]Let's boost our IQs![/b] =|:thumbsup: [b]N

really...avocados???panophobia...is there such people has this fear?? ill post facts sometime...gotta find sources!!
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ I'm sure there is.. I have a friend who's got a phobia on "[b]calamansi[/b]!" And she just hates it when someone puts calamansi on the table. She can almost cry if you don't put it away, it's crazy.
aimee
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

@lucknskill(bob..hehe)...no,i'm still in hs but i'm very much interested in psych...y? ur a psych student?? => no one could actually say what is the color of the stripes of a zebra...no one can tell if its color is white with black stripes or black with white stripes...

Last edited by aimee (2007-04-24 08:38:06)

lucknskill
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^hey, that line is from madagascar right?? saw that movie, lurve it. :)) but sad to say that a zebra is white with black stripes. <-proven. nah, i am not a psych student but that is my current subject @ summer class. @padme: woah~ kalamansi? as in? maybe she got an allergic reaction on calamansi that is why she hates it? >.< :arrow: [b]Did you know?[/b] If avocado is bad for birds.. Chocolate is a dog's enemy. Dog's can't digest chocolate. Aside from that, it attacks their nervous system and cause them heart failures..eventually, they get really really sick.. or worst...death. -- It is impossible to kiss your elbow. -- 'jiffy' is a unit of time! it means 1/100th of a second. "i'll be there in a jiffy!" -- It takes 17 muscles to smile --- 43 to frown. (smiling is much easier ^^) -- Women's hearts beat faster than men's. (so, if we fall in love...) -- When you give someone roses, the color can have a meaning. The meaning of rose colors: Red = Love and respect Deep pink = Gratitude, appreciation Light pink = Admiration, sympathy White = Reverence, humility Yellow = Joy, gladness Orange = Enthusiasm, desire Red & yellow blend = Gaiety, joviality Pale blended tones = Sociability, friendship =)
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Nice trivia Bob! Ahh.. i didn't know chocs are bad for dogs. Guess I got to tell my dad to stop giving chocs to our dogs at home. One dog in my parents' house eats anything, even [b]rice cake[/b], [b]veggies[/b], [b]ice cream[/b]!
aimee
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

@kua bob...nice trivias...i got it in kzone actually... :)
mayfel_32
» n00b
1969-12-31

[b]cool[/b] [u]facts[/u]!! thanks for the sites!! :D
yumzlovespete
» n00b
1969-12-31

starfish dont have brain thats all i can share cause i have a mmry gap! :lol: :O :o
^_goonglover_^
» FTalker
1969-12-31

hihih.. i think i saw and have read all of those in k-zone magazines...
trigger_happy26
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Here`s my contrubution....Hope it helps........ :arrow: An ant can lift 50 times its own weight-which is as much of a feat for them as lifting a car would be for you!! :arrow: Ants dont have lungs.They breathe through tiny holes in their sides called spiracles. :arrow: Termites use soil and saliva to make cement towers that reach up to 20 feet tall. :arrow: Black widow spiders are armed with venom that is 15 times more poisonous that the venom of a prarie rattlesnake.Why do we call them black widow??Because the female sometimes eats the smaller male after mating!! :arrow: Komodo dragon`s mouth are full of disease causing bacteria.When they bite their prey,the victim gets sick and slowly dies of blood poisoning.Then the lizard returns after this has happened to eat the body. :arrow: The deepest part of any ocean is the Marianas Trench,located just west of the Philippines in the Pacific Ocean.It`s depth is 35,840 feet-almost 7 miles.That greater that the height of the tallest mountain on Earth!! :arrow: Trillions of bacteria and other tiny organisms live happily in your body.Right now,there are probably about two million bacteria living on your face alone. :arrow: The human head contains 22 bones. :arrow: Your lungs are made up of about 300 million tiny air sacs called aveoli.If the could be laid flat,they would cover an area about the siza of a tennis court. :arrow: Carrots do contain lots of vitamin A,which helps keep your eyes healthy,but eating more than the recommended daily amount can`t make your vision better. :arrow: The planet Jupiter is so big that all the other planets in the solar system could fit inside it at the same time.

Last edited by trigger_happy26 (2007-06-01 04:22:42)

Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[i]Something for Filipinos.. [/i] :D [quote]Did you know that there is a town in the Neatherlands called [b]Philippine[/b]. It is found in the province of [i]Zeeland.[/i] [b]Source:[/b] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_%28Netherlands%29[/quote] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [quote]Carrots do contain lots of vitamin A,which helps keep your eyes healthy,but eating more than the recommended daily amount can`t make your vision better.[/quote] Oh dear... :O I'm fond of eating a whole carrot in one seating. I wonder if it's bad. Gotta do some research. Thanks for the information! =)

Last edited by Padme (2007-06-07 18:00:13)

senyorito21
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=trigger_happy26]The planet Jupiter is so big that all the other planets in the solar system could fit inside it at the same time.[/quote] yah But if theres a possiblity to touch it.. everyone could lift it up coz it is made in gas>>> [quote=Padme]Oh dear... I'm fond of eating a whole carrot in one seating. I wonder if it's bad. Gotta do some research.[/quote] eating a lot of carrots will make you more cute as you are like a bunny... :lol: ------DID you know that there is a creature name Nessie living in a lake called Loch Ness--- It will only appear to those human which is kind hearted... [img]http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/1919027629[/img] ------------Giant squid, once believed to be mythical creatures------------------------------ that was elders said... but IT is TRUE!... there is a Giant squid that has a tremendous size [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2a/Live_giant_squid_video_December_4_2006.jpg[/img] Still image from the first video of a live adult giant squid, filmed on December 4, 2006 by researchers from the National Science Museum of Japan led by Tsunemi Kubodera. But some scientist believe that there is more bigger and larger than thing... the evidence is that the big scars cause of its tentacles they saw ones in a big whale.. a tremendous fight deep deep deep in the ocean.. ----------------------------------------------------DeadStar???------------------------- Neutron stars are a hyper-dense form of dead star composed almost entirely of neutrons One teaspoon of a neutron star would weigh about 2 billion tons??? can You imagine that?? Try to use it instead of using barbell :lol: [img]http://mud.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4203506854[/img] -----------------------------------------OGLE, NewPlanet???--------------------------------------- This planet is actually the first and only planet that has been discovered so far that is in agreement with the theories for how our solar system formed...The planet is five times the mass of Earth, but it's still considered the smallest and coolest ever detected outside of the solar system, according to the scientists. It circles a red parent star, which is five times smaller than the Sun, in about 10 years. Because the parent star is cool and within a large orbit, scientists believe OGLE's surface is icy and too cold for liquid water at an estimated 220 degrees Centigrade below zero. [img]http://mud.mm-a5.yimg.com/image/3345018114[/img] --------------------------Resurrecting The Most Deadly Virus In Human History------------------- To Stop It From Killing Tens Of Millions Again "The Immune Response Is Contributing To The Lethality Of The Virus" Another report on the ressurection of the 1918 'Spanish Flu' virus, and how experiments on infecting monkeys with the 'reborn' H1N1 virus have revealed the truth lethality of the flu that killed 40 to 60 million people in 1918-1919. Basically, the researchers now assume that the way the monkeys were consumed by the virus is pretty close to how humans succumbed to it. The first signs of infection appear within 24 hours of exposure, the immune system goes into overdrive to fight the virus, but end up filling the lungs with blood and fluid. On top of all the other terrible ways the H1N1 destroys the human body, the victim ends up, literally, drowning on their own blood. creepy... isnt it?? [img]http://mud.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/3435898843[/img] THAts all for now...

Last edited by senyorito21 (2007-06-07 14:46:24)

Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Hahaha! I love carrots. I don't want to look like a rabbit though. :D Anyway, cool Trivias.. [b]But I think Nessie the [u]Lochness Monster[/u] can't be a fact yet.[/b] A lot of people still think it is a hoax, but who knows. That [i]Spanish Flu[/i] is really scary. :crybaby:
skymansky
» n00b
1969-12-31

here's mine :arrow: did u know that a dogs mouth is more clean than a human mouth? :arrow: did u jnow that the first mummy is AMON. his body had been cut into pieces by his brother Seth and spread in diff part of Egypt. And Isis collect those pieces and make it the first MUMMY? :arrow: did u know that if u wear an earphone/headset the germs in ur ears multiply million times? :arrow: Ginger—A cousin of the gladiola, the ginger's pure white blossoms are thought to be a love potion, because a woman wearing the aromatic bloom is so alluring. Egyptian traders originally brought it to Rome as an aphrodisiac. :arrow: What did the ancient Egyptians believe would cure a toothache? its a FRIED MICE :arrow: The Christian cross was developed from what ancient Egyptian symbol? its from an ANKH :arrow: Name the only wind instrument in ancient Egypt. its a CAT :arrow: The Pyramids at Giza were built how long ago? its about 4500yrs. :arrow: If the floor-to-floor height of a modern building is 10 feet (3 meters), the Great Pyramid at Giza is about as high as a: its about 45-story skyscraper that's the only that i can remember for now.... EGYPTIAN history is good... :penguin:

Last edited by skymansky (2007-06-08 01:14:03)

skymansky
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=lucknskill]^ oh...you study psychology too? hehehe what's your course? [b]More Facts and Trivias: [/b] • It snowed in the Sahara desert on February 18, 1979. (it is possible for philippines and other equatorial countries to have snow huh? :eh: ) • 6% of men propose over the telephone! (guys really are shy sometimes... [or we might want to propose cheap] :retard: ) • Coffee drinkers have sex more frequently than non-coffee drinkers. (coffee anyone?) • By the age of 60, most people have lost 50% of their taste buds. (gotta taste everything while it is early!! :penguin: ) • The great warrior Ghengis Khan died in bed while having sex. (history hall of shame... :| ) • 91% of us lie regularly everyday without noticing. (my sig explains it at last! >_<) • 28.1% of people pee in the pool ! (ahhh..gotta love swimming..) • People who are modestly overweight have a lower risk of death than those of normal weight! (uh oh..) • Someone on Earth reports seeing a UFO every three minutes. (maybe at least one is true........nahhh) • Panophobia is the fear of everything. (such person exists?? oO,) • Avocados are poisonous to birds. (my 2 love birds died bcoz of this..now i know.)[/quote] hahahahahah iam a cofeeHOLIC thats why i thnk so hmmmmmmmmmmm..... (u know that...) its better to stop drinkng if that...but i cant sleep w/o coffe before i sleep... _____________________ [color=#FF0000] i thnk its a double post so please edit tnx.... =( [/color]

Last edited by skymansky (2007-06-08 01:20:17)

purpleshmurple
» n00b
1969-12-31

:idea: [b][u]"FUN FACTS"[/u][/b] :idea: :arrow: Did you know that there are 206 bones in the adult human body and there are 300 in children (as they grow some of the bones fuse together). :arrow: The ears of a cricket are located on the front legs, just below the knee. :arrow: The female Tarantula Hawk wasp paralyzes a large spider with her sting. She then lays her eggs on the motionless body so that her developing young have a fresh supply of spider meat to feed on. :arrow: The only letter not appearing on the Periodic Table is the letter “J”. :arrow: The planet Saturn has a density lower than water. So, if placed in water it would float. :arrow: Hawaii is moving toward Japan 4 inches every year. :arrow: House flies have a lifespan of two weeks. :arrow: Shrimp's hearts are in their heads. :arrow: Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards. :arrow: Porcupines float in water. :arrow: An ostrich's eye is bigger that its brain. :arrow: It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. :arrow: Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. :arrow: The leg bones of a bat are so thin that no bat can walk. :arrow: If your mouth was completely dry, you would not be able to distinguish the taste of anything. :arrow: A starfish can turn its stomach inside out. :arrow: Crocodiles swallow stones to help them dive deeper. :arrow: Lobsters have blue blood. :arrow: A mosquito has 47 teeth :arrow: A cockroach can live for several weeks without its head. :arrow: Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over 1 million descendents.
niknok_1999
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

did you know that i love doraemon very much :D joke did you know that ants can sing?... ill prove y'all later..
ezil2007
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

**FACT** It's purported that Einstein said 98% of the world's population could not figure out this logic problem. Try your hand at it. Send us an email message if you figure it out. (Use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.) A logical question. Albert Einstein is reported to have said that 98% of the world's population could not solve this hard brain teaser puzzle. **FACT** There are 5 houses each with a different color. Their owners, each with a unique heritage, drinks a certain type of beverage, smokes a certain brand of cigarette, and keep a certain variety of pet. None of the owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigarette or drink the same beverage. Clues: * The Brit lives in the red house. * The Swede keeps dogs as pets. * The Dane drinks tea. * The green house is just to the left of the white house. * The green house's owner drinks coffee. * The person who smokes Pall Malls raises birds. * The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill. * The man living in the center house drinks milk. * The Norwegian lives in the first house. * The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats. * The man who keeps a horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill. * The owner who smokes Bluemasters also drinks beer. * The German smokes Prince. * The Norwegian lives next to the blue house. * The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water. Who owns the fish? _________________ Just pointing the 98% people who cant solve it :P
'airene17
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[b]Nice Facts! I'm learning a lot! here's mine.. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt". "Duff" is the decaying organic matter found on a forest floor. "Fickleheaded" and "fiddledeedee" are the longest words consisting only of letters in the first half of the alphabet. "Asthma" and "isthmi" are the only six-letter words that begin and end with a vowel and have no other vowels between. "Fortnight" is a contraction of "fourteen nights." In the US "two weeks" is more commonly used. "Forty" is the only number which has its letters in alphabetical order. "One" is the only number with its letters in reverse alphabetical order. "Four" is the only number whose number of letters in the name equals the number. "Rhythm" is the longest word without any vowel. (my discovery :eh: ) "SUPER­CALI­FRAGI­LISTIC­EXPI­ALI­DOCIOUS" is the longest song title. "ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­THREONYL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­VALYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­SERYL­SERYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­VALYL­CYSTEINYL­THREONYL­SERYL­SERYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMINYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ALANYL­ARGINYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL­PROLYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLYCYL­ASPARTYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­LYSYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­ARGINYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­ALANYL­VALYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ASPARAGINYL­ARGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­VALYL­GLUTAMYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­PROLYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­THREONYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ARGINYL­VALYL­ASPARTYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ALANYL­ISOLEUCYL­ARGINYL­SERYL­ALANYL­ASPARAGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­SERYL­METHIONYL­SERYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­THREONYL­SERYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­ALANYL­SERINE" (1,185 letters) is a longest real word meaning Tobacco Mosaic Virus. "One thousand" contains the letter A, but none of the words from one to nine hundred ninety-nine has an A. 1 in every 3 people in the country of Israel use a cell phone. 1 kg (2.2 pounds) of lemons contain more sugar than 1 kg of strawberries. 1,525,000,000 miles of telephone wire are strung across the Unites States. 1.7 litres of saliva is produced each day. In Discovery Channel, its a quart. 10 percent of all human beings ever born are alive at this very moment. 10% of human dry weight comes from bacteria 11% of the world is left-handed. 111, 111, 111 X 111, 111, 111 = 12, 345, 678, 987, 654, 321 111111111squared = 12345678987654321 123,000,000 cars are being driven on highways in the United States. 166,875,000,000 pieces of mail are delivered each year in the United States. 1959's A Raisin in the Sun was the first play by a black woman to be produced on Broadway. 2 and 5 are the only prime numbers that end in 2 or 5. 203 million dollars is spent on barbed wire each year in the U.S. 22,000 checks will be deducted from the wrong bank accounts in the next hour. 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks. 25% of a human's bones are in its feet. 259200 people die every day. 27% of Americans believe we never landed on the moon. A "Blue Moon" is the second full moon in a calendar month (it is rarely blue). 48% of astronauts experience motion sickness. 52% of Americans drink coffee. 55.1% of all US prisoners are in prison for drug offenses. 80% of animals on earth are insects. 80% of arrested criminals are male. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand. Thats all for now. :D [/b]
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I've always loved reading trivias. Here's a an educational thread, good for our brains! Just write the most interesting trivias or facts that you know. [b]Let's boost our IQs![/b] =|:thumbsup: [b]N

Pages: 112345677

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 06:46

[ 9 queries - 0.047 second ]
Privacy Policy