• ARCHIVES 
  • » About the Repu System! sumone is abusing it! & i feel removing it may not solve the Forum's Negative Repu Problem! this incident already happened to us & sum of our loyal member! many times already!

Pages: 1..12345678

About the Repu System! sumone is abusing it! & i feel removing it may not solve the Forum's Negative Repu Problem! this incident already happened to us & sum of our loyal member! many times already!

kAwAii iSoBeL
» Banned
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: About the Repu System! sumone is abusing it! & i feel removing it may not solve the Forum's Negative Repu Problem! this incident already happened to us & sum of our loyal member! many times already!

[quote=Cielers001]i suggest.,how if we can refuse or accept repu that gave to us.,incluiding - repu fr us., i'm just suggest it to make FTalk be better place.,.,in hope we can refuse - repu frm UNKNOWN account,so we won't have any problem again i'm sorry if my english is bad.,still learning., Last edited by Cielers001 (Yesterday 09:04:35)[/quote] just ok.. but nice suggestion!!!!! =)
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: About the Repu System! sumone is abusing it! & i feel removing it may not solve the Forum's Negative Repu Problem! this incident already happened to us & sum of our loyal member! many times already!

[quote="kirksydney"]What's with reputations anyway? It doesn't measure your whole being and capacities, nor the respect you should be getting. So, why make a big fuss out of it? Just stating my opinion here, no offense to those people who are fond of reputations, especially those who are over reacting everytime they see a (-) sign on their control panel.[/quote] Yeh that's it[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7296/veryhappycs8.gif[/img] however other people [b]value[/b] their reputations that's why they will react everytime they will received -repu due to the reason was not valid. What will you fill if receive -repu without valid reason? It just like embarrassment isn't it!
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Yeah, getting a -repu for an invalid reason is not cool. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: I really like daryldelfin's (i think it was him) idea about Moderators having to accept/reject any -repu given to a member. :thumbsup:
darylldelfin
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

tnx bro .. well it's still here .. :arrow: [quote=darylldelfin]suggestion : the (-) sign on d repu .. (method=2) should be changed .. after clicked , before a member can give a nega repu to another member , it should be forwarded to d mods 1st . and mods will review d reason implied on what the nega repu was for .. and only mods can approve or disapprove the (-) change of reputations . this way , we can avoid members who abuse the reputation system .. well , it's just a suggestion though .. and i know that mods here already have big jobs .. niahaha . :D but i think this suggestion will add only a light work to them .. because nega repus only happen sometimes right ? =) and another suggestion , i wish mods can remove nega repus that has no valid reasons .. wakokokness .. :lol:[/quote] [quote=darylldelfin]so it should be like this : mods can remove nega repus (only to other members and not to his/herself and also ask other mods for approval .. ) :D[/quote] should i make another topic ? :rolleyes:
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=darylldelfin]should i make another topic ?[/quote] Nah, I think it's good in this thread. The abuse of the repu system has become quite an issue....those who may make changes at some point will surely review this thread. I think. :lol:
kirksydney
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

@ ReversEdge: As a matter of fact, I already got [url=http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9986/repumo9.png]one[/url]. That's the screenshot of the old reputation system. And as far as I remember, I didn't feel even a single sign of embarassment. Oh well, preferences vary from different people anyway. =) EDIT: Heck. I don't know how to quote a post. I'm lost. =D

Last edited by kirksydney (2008-07-25 02:50:55)

jan010
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

i agreed also.... :arrow: other members are too abusive.... =)
kuntilanak
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=AFZULNIZAM]i like ur suggestion too but must up to 1500 post can give -ve repu..[/quote] I egree about that... someone can give negative repu must have more than 1500 post......
forsakendoll
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=kuntilanak]someone can give negative repu must have more than 1500 post......[/quote] lol why don't we just take off the whole (-) repu fxn since it's making everyone upset </sarcasm>
darylldelfin
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote=forsakendoll]why don't we just take off the whole (-) repu fxn since it's making everyone upset[/quote] that's also a good suggestion .. =D:thumbsup:
Infamous J
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=forsakendoll]why don't we just take off the whole (-) repu fxn since it's making everyone upset </sarcasm>[/quote] Yeah, I agree, too. :lol:
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=forsakendoll]lol why don't we just take off the whole (-) repu fxn since it's making everyone upset </sarcasm>[/quote] ftw ate .. :lol: that made me laugh!! a stupid but nice suggestion.. :lol: you have a point :lol:
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote="kirksydney "]@ ReversEdge: As a matter of fact, I already got one. That's the screenshot of the old reputation system. And as far as I remember, I didn't feel even a single sign of embarassment. Oh well, preferences vary from different people anyway. EDIT: Heck. I don't know how to quote a post. I'm lost. [i]Last edited by kirksydney (2008-07-25 00:50:55)[/i][/quote] As I said [b]other people[/b] feel that way and it seems like your negative repu doesn't have a great weight on you. Look at those who had received negative repu?! Edit: Wrong quote.

Last edited by ReversEdge (2008-07-29 06:08:50)

kirksydney
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

^ I ain't stereotyping, that's why I said this: [quote]Oh well, preferences vary from different people anyway.[/quote] Now, let's stick with the topic. Chill. =)
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Hek hek yah[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7296/veryhappycs8.gif[/img] I wonder staff doesn't have any action on this problem? :rolleyes:
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ what actions do you want? we curse or worst ban members that give negative repus with OBVIOUS useless reasons otherwise, negative repus is there to make a member realize they may have done "undesirable" acts, a matter of misunderstanding or miscommunication. the staff cannot do anything with someone giving negative repus who have "acceptable" reasons but to somehow reconcile them. We cannot erase repus since i believe that privilege was disabled before by admin coz some mods abused it.
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

If you guys have problems regarding reputations... [b]Just hide it.[/b] [b]That's the purpose of hide reputation system. [/b] We moderators nor the admin can not control a user to give reputation because [b]it's not or job[/b]. It depends on the members discretion to choose between the + or the -. Members can only give a reputation when his post is a 100 and two weeks registered. So we can observe that member before any chaos happens. If a member gives you a + or - unfairly. Just PM sir admin so he can delete it. For the info I too have an received a unfair scar. Twice. At first I was kinda annoyed with it. But time passes by and I realized. So what if they give me a - reputation without proper reason. I can get it back now sweat... I never PMed admin to delete the 2nd one to serve as a reminder that there are many idiots out the. They are stupid enough to stoop low and stab you in the back. Anyway... Have you guys ever tried thinking positively before making a big issue or commotion? Good day...

Last edited by Ephemeral (2008-07-30 13:32:32)

bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^ I understand and agree with what you are saying ducheszv & Ephemeral now that I really think about =) The last thing most of us would want to see is for admin to remove the rep system all together because as members we can not get along and just roll with both the good and bad reps..in life we get negative remarks from others just being alive :thumbsup:

Last edited by bobcbar (2008-07-30 19:45:50)

ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

That's good enough but I'm still confuse someone are still complaining on this matter! Anyway, when those solutions implemented? Howcome there are still complains! Sorry for demanding such things, I'm just concern to those who are terribly affected with those people who received negative repu without valid reasons... I'm on side of weaker one...
duchess
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=ReversEdge]Anyway, when those solutions implemented? Howcome there are still complains![/quote] of course.. there is always someone who'll complain coz still someone will click the the [img]http://theftalk.com/img/warn_minus.gif[/img] button. Some do not know about this discussion and only find this out when they have complains or if someone will receive negative repu. :rolleyes: [quote=ReversEdge]Sorry for demanding such things, I'm just concern to those who are terribly affected with those people who received negative repu without valid reasons... I'm on side of weaker one...[/quote] we are not taking sides. were just stating that we do what we can if someone will be given negative repu. we [b]evaluate[/b] and then [b]do actions appropriate to the situation at hand[/b]. If a member is obviously abusing the negative repu, we curse or ban them. If someone will be given negative repu due to misunderstandings and misinterpretations like what happened before, we try our best to neutralize the reputation or reconcile them. Thats how far we can go. Again, we cannot erase negative reputations. Like what bobcbar said: [quote]in life we get negative remarks from others just being alive[/quote] i hope you got your answer.

Last edited by ducheszv (2008-08-01 09:43:20)

• ARCHIVES 
  • » About the Repu System! sumone is abusing it! & i feel removing it may not solve the Forum's Negative Repu Problem! this incident already happened to us & sum of our loyal member! many times already!

Pages: 1..12345678

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 04:01

[ 9 queries - 0.034 second ]
Privacy Policy