• ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]UPDATED NOV 20[/b] [b]Step 1[/b] Onload Handler. If you dont have yet this code, paste after the above code. [code]function onProfileLoad() { Ffetcher.init(); } if (!attachOnLoadHandler(functio

[b]UPDATED NOV 20[/b] [b]Step 1[/b] Onload Handler. If you dont have yet this code, paste after the above code. [code]function onProfileLoad() { Ffetcher.init(); } if (!attachOnLoadHandler(functio

mickyriora
» FTalkAddict
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: [b]UPDATED NOV 20[/b] [b]Step 1[/b] Onload Handler. If you dont have yet this code, paste after the above code. [code]function onProfileLoad() { Ffetcher.init(); } if (!attachOnLoadHandler(functio

[b]Reply to #179[/b] I'm using all the updated codes now....and thanks to Refreshreload's idea of compiling all js codes in our tracker.js. It didn't took me long to find out what's wrong with adding my cbox in my wvm so this wouldn't be a problem. I can always will figure it out cause just a little mistake will disable other codes not to work.

Last edited by mickyriora (2007-09-09 00:31:48)

bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: [b]UPDATED NOV 20[/b] [b]Step 1[/b] Onload Handler. If you dont have yet this code, paste after the above code. [code]function onProfileLoad() { Ffetcher.init(); } if (!attachOnLoadHandler(functio

[quote=s1ycks]you have to remove your old tracker and friend randomizer code cause it has new updated version of wvm tracker and friend randomizer............you have to paste it to your clean tracker.js - it means that theres no other code except from it....then save it and refresh your profile and you're done....i'm sure 100% it will work if you have done that cause its working on mine....i hope it is clear enough for all of you.[/quote] Yep did that..same results for me. I've worked on it so many times now my eyes are tried =D [quote=mickyriora][b]Reply to #179[/b] I'm using all the updated codes now....and thanks to Refreshreload's idea of compiling all js codes in our tracker.js. It didn't took me long to find out what's wrong with adding my cbox in my wvm so this wouldn't be a problem. I can always will figure it out cause just a little mistake will disable other codes not to work.[/quote] Thanks I did upgrade to the new tracker thinking it would help but I was wrong, same problem. Guess I will just keep trying different combinations but it does not work based on the tutorial or I am not reading it right :o

Last edited by bobcbar (2007-09-09 01:33:01)

mickyriora
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Try experimenting [b]Bob[/b]...I didn't actually follow evrything on Refresh reloads tutorial...I just took the idea of compiling all js codes into tracker.js from Refresh reload. But for this thread,haven't did it for today cause I'd been busy adding cbox to for 4 people..2 more to go & that's it.
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=mickyriora]Try experimenting [b]Bob[/b]...I didn't actually follow evrything on Refresh reloads tutorial...I just took the idea of compiling all js codes into tracker.js from Refresh reload. But for this thread,haven't did it for today cause I'd been busy adding cbox to for 4 people..2 more to go & that's it.[/quote] I can understand I added a few for friends today too =) I am just frustrated with it now, been trying now for 2 days and just can not see what I am doing wrong or if I have other codes causing problems :crybaby: Two things I can't do so far is the random friends and adding my mp3 player as addbox...but someday I will get I hope :D
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=marfillaster]actually when you have the updated wvm, you dont have to wory about it because addMainBox function is already included in tracker.js, all you need to do is paste this code at the very end of tracker.js but if your not sure, get it here http://theftalk.com/t4174-Main-Script.html[/quote] oops sorry for the double post did not realize I was the last previous comment :( I have the latest verison of the tracker codes but when I paste the code at the end of my tracker.js nothing happens. Even the tracker disappears :wallbash: Hope I understand what ur saying here all I am posting is this after the onload Ffetcher.init(); and then part Step 3 at the end of the tracker.js :retard: Here's the link to my tracker.js without the random friends codes [url]http://h1.ripway.com/bobcbar/tracker/spiderman/tracker.js[/url]

Last edited by bobcbar (2007-09-10 00:46:14)

Refresh/Reload
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=bobcbar][quote=marfillaster]actually when you have the updated wvm, you dont have to wory about it because addMainBox function is already included in tracker.js, all you need to do is paste this code at the very end of tracker.js but if your not sure, get it here http://theftalk.com/t4174-Main-Script.html[/quote] oops sorry for the double post did not realize I was the last previous comment :( I have the latest verison of the tracker codes but when I paste the code at the end of my tracker.js nothing happens. Even the tracker disappears :wallbash: Hope I understand what ur saying here all I am posting is this after the onload Ffetcher.init(); and then part Step 3 at the end of the tracker.js :retard: Here's the link to my tracker.js without the random friends codes [url]http://h1.ripway.com/bobcbar/tracker/spiderman/tracker.js[/url][/quote] just a suggestion bob... don't include the YM Status inside the onloadhandler.. put it outside the tracker codes... below or above.. it doesn't belong there... it will kill some of the codes you have or you'll have inside the onload handler that uses an addbox =)

Last edited by Refresh/Reload (2007-09-10 04:28:43)

flavonoid
» Banned
1969-12-31

how come it's not working? i have WVM and i follwed it properly.. :cry:
pinkhearts314
» n00b
1969-12-31

thank you for the codes... i've been looking for this for quite a while... It works perfectly on mine, all i did was compile it on my js file. but I encountered minor problems... * Can I adjust the width of the box? > when I used the code, all my boxes adjust to the setting of the box included on the code for CSS, I tried adjusting it there, but it didn't work... * Can I set the border to 0px? > my CSS codes for Global boxes is 0px (no border) but when I used the code , borders appeared. I don't want to edit anything on the scripts, afraid that I might ruin a thing.. please help...
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=bobcbar]:crybaby: I am just not getting it, I know its not a suprise, but I spent the afternoon trying to add the random friends to my page. Even went and upgrade to the latest WVM thinking it was my problem =( Any time I add the Ffetcher.init(); } after the onProfileLoad function my tracker disappears. Then when I add [b]Step 3[/b] none of my other codes work. Suggestions please :/ Please don't refer me to the Tutorial How to use FTalk Coders Codes, been there the last hour :retard:[/quote] The problem with this code (or other codes of Marfillaster, for that matter) is that it keeps on changing/updating that you have to keep on track with his changes. The WVM tracker code, for example, must have undergone several changes in the past few months and he posts updates in the same forum thread WITH NO VERSION NUMBER WHATSOEVER. From the addsidebar to the addmainbox, and now the addbox function, for example, which he uses on this updated randomized friends code...For some of us noobs, it can get really difficult, so I certainly know how you feel. The randomized friends script also seems to interfere with the old tracker codes (which happened to me)...so here's what I did: 1. Separate my old tracker (WVM which uses the old addsidebar function) script from the Randomized script. This means I have two javascripts: 1. tracker.js 2. randomized.js 2. Use the old randomized script. (refer to Refresh/reload earlier post. He posted the old randomized script that uses the old addmainbox function.) 3. Call out randomized.js inside tracker.js This way I still use my old WVM (of which is still working perfectly) and the randmized script wont have to interfere with it. BTW: I disagree with refresh/reload's suggestion of compiling everything in one JS. That's ideal, but unfortunately not applicable for everybody. There are just some scripts that interferes with each other that you have to put them separately. When I had migraines for 3 days putting this randomized script on my proffy, none of his suggestions worked actually. I had to make an experiment, dissect codes one by one and found out the problem was not in my JS file but in my CSS file. But I still thank him for the old randomized script which I am now using...

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-09-10 08:40:27)

marfillaster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

frolick... you can actually see my external js... it includes all scripts. no other js files http://h1.ripway.com/marfillaster/tweaks/ken/script.js you are raising a good point about why im not changing version number. i dont change it because, usually the update is a response to what friendster is doing although i include the update date. actually there are only 3 versions available, the first was the oldest, it wasnt object oriented the second, which is the one you are using is obj oriented the third, i thnk i wouldnt be releasing it anytime soon, but im using it now in my profile
frolickfriendster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Yeah, I know Ken. Ive seen your JS file and even experimented with it on my proffy. :D Thing is, there is only one forum thread for any of your scripts. For example, the tracker script. If you updated it today, its ok for new readers reading it and those on track regularly with friendstertalk.com...but not for everybody like me or for some of us noobs... Now suppose (this is just a scenario) you: 1. granted old tracker script uses addsidebox funtion. 2. made changes (now using addbox function) to tracker script (a new tracker script now) and then most of other people's script are also incorporated in it (sidebars for example) and then, 3. you write another new script (randomized for example) that is only compatible with no. 2 above (using addbox function). 4. for some of us using old tracker script with addsibebox function as with no. 1 above (and prolly some of us noobs) who go directly to no. 3 with out knowing about the recent changes in no. 2 would go: :retard: :retard: :retard: NUTS :retard: :retard: :retard: So, you see there's a need for new forum threads for new updates (old forum threads on old versions to be deleted) and the need for VERSION NOS. Chos! :wallbash:

Last edited by frolickfriendster (2007-09-10 09:43:21)

marfillaster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

in that case, i shouldnt be updating anything anymore :|
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=Refresh/Reload][just a suggestion bob... don't include the YM Status inside the onloadhandler.. put it outside the tracker codes... below or above.. it doesn't belong there... it will kill some of the codes you have or you'll have inside the onload handler that uses an addbox =)[/quote] Thanks for the suggestion I will try that :thumbsup: [quote=frolickfriendster]The problem with this code (or other codes of Marfillaster, for that matter) is that it keeps on changing/updating that you have to keep on track with his changes. The WVM tracker code, for example, must have undergone several changes in the past few months and he posts updates in the same forum thread WITH NO VERSION NUMBER WHATSOEVER. From the addsidebar to the addmainbox, and now the addbox function, for example, which he uses on this updated randomized friends code...For some of us noobs, it can get really difficult, so I certainly know how you feel. The randomized friends script also seems to interfere with the old tracker codes (which happened to me)...so here's what I did: 1. Separate my old tracker (WVM which uses the old addsidebar function) script from the Randomized script. This means I have two javascripts: 1. tracker.js 2. randomized.js 2. Use the old randomized script. (refer to Refresh/reload earlier post. He posted the old randomized script that uses the old addmainbox function.) 3. Call out randomized.js inside tracker.js This way I still use my old WVM (of which is still working perfectly) and the randmized script wont have to interfere with it. BTW: I disagree with refresh/reload's suggestion of compiling everything in one JS. That's ideal, but unfortunately not applicable for everybody. There are just some scripts that interferes with each other that you have to put them separately. When I had migraines for 3 days putting this randomized script on my proffy, none of his suggestions worked actually. I had to make an experiment, dissect codes one by one and found out the problem was not in my JS file but in my CSS file. But I still thank him for the old randomized script which I am now using...[/quote] Thanks...so what I am understanding is for me to start with a fresh tracker and add as I can? [quote=marfillaster]in that case, i shouldnt be updating anything anymore :|[/quote] No please keep the updates coming, anything that is an improvement is always welcome even if it causing some initial confusion with the old codes.

Last edited by bobcbar (2007-09-10 10:38:19)

blackforest
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote][b]marfillaster wrote:[/b] in that case, i shouldnt be updating anything anymore neutral[/quote] whohow!!! what was happening here? :ninja: :ninja: hmmm... mr. ken dont put some final decision just because of a [b]pointless [/b]matter. =) i definitely don't agree with that. @ frolick and any other newbie here, and as for me also - a newbie... and @ topic - to the reason that friendster has this continous update this past weeks, wvm (and also other codes here specially linker codes) has been terribly suffering so much that it needed to be updated due to the said reason. - and also for the reason that avid user's of marfillaster's tweaks re: addsidebox and addmainbox functions was also affected due to the wvm's update for the main and only reason that friendster had done updates.. [b]isn't it enough that sir marfilla had made an effort doing those update concerning to those users of his codes that has experiencing disfunction due to that d*mn updates of friendster?[/b] i don't think sir marfillaster [b]deserves[/b] all of your critisms just because you didnt get exactly what his update all about... :lol: =D :D nwei, please to all code users,,, dont just depend on a copy paste codes made by intelligent people here. try to analyze and study also the codes you wished to apply in your profile as an ftalker and a code user "we" are responsible to know the use and the meaning of the codes and tweaks we are using in our profile kindly [b]avoid criticizing[/b] people here that are [b]most helpful and most needed[/b] here in ftalk than a newbie like me and you who just used their intelligent creations... try to [b]appreciate[/b] their efforts, answering and entertaining your querries and even the updates they do to their code for it is for our benefit. just a suggestion try to follow the flow of the updates (not only the updates on the code but also the update on friendster) and im sure you people will get what you wanted...
mickyriora
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=marfillaster]in that case, i shouldnt be updating anything anymore :|[/quote] Aaahhhheemmmmm..... Don't put things to an end just because of that comment =| .... I used to be like that person but when I got time, I really give it a try to go on , read & do the updates....that's when we learn. Imagine after 3 mos. of not being able to keep intouch about the threads here especially this wvm you created, I manage to have it working back again. Like the other day when I really gave it a time figuring what's wrong with my cbox I manage to add it back. If you'll give a time to view my profile, my old messages are still there & you can see the date when messages stopped & restarted. =) [b]You've done alot of hard work , spending time with this codes & I appreciate it so much giving your time re-updating it. So please, keep up the good work!!!![/b]
Refresh/Reload
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

yes ken don't stop... =( updates sucks but it's like a worthy adversary!! it feels good when you manage to go around it ayt?!! can we try the wvm beta now? hak hak just kidding... i'm still loving ur old tracker.. IT ROCKS!! \m/
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=mickyriora][quote=marfillaster]in that case, i shouldnt be updating anything anymore :|[/quote] Aaahhhheemmmmm..... Don't put things to an end just because of that comment =| .... I used to be like that person but when I got time, I really give it a try to go on , read & do the updates....that's when we learn. Imagine after 3 mos. of not being able to keep intouch about the threads here especially this wvm you created, I manage to have it working back again. Like the other day when I really gave it a time figuring what's wrong with my cbox I manage to add it back. If you'll give a time to view my profile, my old messages are still there & you can see the date when messages stopped & restarted. =) [b]You've done alot of hard work , spending time with this codes & I appreciate it so much giving your time re-updating it. So please, keep up the good work!!!![/b][/quote] Agree 100% you summed it up very well, we all appreciate the efforts of all the code masters and need to understand that updates are a good thing :eh: off topic..ur just too good with these codes..I just saw ur random friends already added and I've been working on it for almost a week :retard: :crybaby:
mickyriora
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[b] Bob[/b] :D I think I have a better eyesight than you do :lol: Just a matter of patience to read & understand what code makers,moderators,members are sharing which I really appreciate. =) :thumbsup:
bobcbar
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=mickyriora][b] Bob[/b] :D I think I have a better eyesight than you do :lol: Just a matter of patience to read & understand what code makers,moderators,members are sharing which I really appreciate. =) :thumbsup:[/quote] Oh my got to throw that old age bad eyes at me huh :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll get it someday not giving up yet :P
mickyriora
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

^ atleast I'm trying to be humorous than critizing someone's very good job :D So, what's still the problem with adding your friends randomizer?can't make it work yet :(
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » [b]UPDATED NOV 20[/b] [b]Step 1[/b] Onload Handler. If you dont have yet this code, paste after the above code. [code]function onProfileLoad() { Ffetcher.init(); } if (!attachOnLoadHandler(functio

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 08:10

[ 10 queries - 0.040 second ]
Privacy Policy