• ARCHIVES 
  • » hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

CAIRYNISSA
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make your border bigger40px when you're using a border code. .don't place manyyy videos in your page. trust me, nobody gonna view them .don't used that automatic testi/pic comment receiver code.don't suffer us .don't used the page transmitter tricks( they make computers freeze when others visit your profile ) .don't follow the others! use your own ideas --will look better&unique -----well i rather use the basic profile instead of the overlayed ones. they're just too much. you could post here if you have your own ideas.

Last edited by CAIRYNISSA (2006-11-23 01:39:10)

SymphOny XII
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

:D :thumbsup: thats right...specially the video thingy :eh: itz a better idea to used MP3 players than putting an annoying videos there :P
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Re: hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

Nice list.. I agree with those. However I do have that pop-alert. =| I choose not to overlay my profile cos I noticed it freezes on most computers. And most people visit net cafes, most net cafe pc's are badly maintained. These occurance (freezing) annoys much of your visitors. Instead of putting both mp3s and videos together, I prefer to choose one. Either mp3 or video. I don't like hearing too many things on my profile. I also don't accept flash testi's with annoying music/sounds. It might sound rude, but I talk to my friends about why I didn't approve it. It's good to atleast tell them why you didn't accept it. Or if you want to accept it, try accepting the profile on a later date. That would put the testi on the back part of your testimonials hehe. I choose not to put too many designs on my page, they look cluttery. I like it simple, but unique. Clean and easy to navigate. That's it. :cool::thumbsup:
tikboyoyoy
» FTalker
1969-12-31

thx for this... think im`ma make this post sticky.... feel free to give some advice or suggestions.... :wallbash:
`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

[quote=CAIRYNISSA]hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't... ...-----well i rather use the basic profile instead of the overlayed ones. they're just too much. you could post here if you have your own ideas....[/quote] agree with yah.. except for [quote].don't follow the others! use your own ideas --will look better&unique[/quote] not always satisfied w/ my own work.. peace!
FeenQueGurL_08
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

nice advices, it's true but i prefer to use OVERLAYOUT, be sure that your overlay is not too annoying for your visitor or else your visitor will not visit again your profile...bein' unique is gud coz u don't have to worry that might other people well get mad at u if u imitate his or her profile even meh i hate those people imitating my workz..do they don't have their own ideas? *Knock! Knock!* yah..i agree also that other codes like the testimania,auto-pic comment, or whatsoever it annoys me a lot that's why sometimes i don't like to view again their profiles, also those codes makes my computer Lag!
meng.o3
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

:arrow: [b] MOST people who hate overlay layouts [i]probably[/i] dont know how to make one.. :eh: but css is also nice though. [/b]
tikboyoyoy
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=meng.o3]:arrow: [b] MOST people who hate overlay layouts [i]probably[/i] dont know how to make one.. :eh: but css is also nice though. [/b][/quote] right !!! :wallbash:
^^Tama-chan^^
» FTalker
1969-12-31

yeah, i prefer overlay but it's too hard
mikodeleon
» n00b
1969-12-31

just a practice bro... :D :D i know its hard..thats why mine are simple :thumbsup:
SymphOny XII
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=mikodeleon]just a practice bro... :D :D i know its hard..thats why mine are simple :thumbsup:[/quote] bro!?u mean sis! :eh: tama = gurl :D :thumbsup: peace bro! :rose: :D
hanmae
» n00b
1969-12-31

nice tips. :thumbsup: might as well add a few of my own dont's. - don't put to much glittery stuffs, dollies and all that. like, hey... you don't want your profile to look like a shining shimmering splendid market of glitters right? - one video is enough, as the author above said, no one's gonna view them. mybe some by accident coz they have nothing to do but putting 2 or more videos may slow down your page and also please give consideration to those who are not on DSL, CABLE or SATELLITE internet. - those pages (esp those with overlayed profiles) with "YOU-MUST-LEAVE-A-TESTIMONIAL" prompt are annoying. TESTIMONIALS are given, not even asked or required. - match your colors. don't get tooo monotonous with PINK. it hurts my eyes and yours too. =P and yes, i know how to make overlayed profiles but i don't use one on my friendster profile coz it's not user friendly. peace? :D
mango juice
» FTalker
1969-12-31

yeah i hate those automatic testi and pic comments.... they're really annoying... and i try to avoid visiting their profile... :paranoid: :rolleyes: i used to like overlay profile.. but now i dont... i dont know.. i like using css.. and i dont really like covering my whole profile... although i admire people who can make a good overlay.... im still parcticing html... but im not gonna use it in friendster... maybe in freewebs.. :D ;)
miss kita pag tuesday
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

nice topic here! -=- gumagamit din ako ng layout ng iba pro yung alam ko na di makaka iirita sa ibang users -=- ps:.. i make my layouts also:)
ruth07
» n00b
1969-12-31

[b]yah. ryt. its frickin annoying.errr[/b]
jnelle
» n00b
1969-12-31

+don't put too many slideshows of your pictures..one slideshow is enough really it is. ;)
emo.girl
» FTalker
1969-12-31

waaah... yer right pipz.. what I think: - too much glittery and dolly stuff makes your profiles over-decorated, even though you would claim that you're a garly-gal.. argh. - too much flash stuff slower the loading of yer pages.. including all those videos and mp3s. I ALSO suggest, choose only one. mp3 or mp4. if you're having an mp3 going on with a video ongoing, it makes everything a mess. X_x and if ever you decide to choose video, it's videO, not videoS. two would probably be okay, but.. one is better. three is a disaster. - yep.. only ONE slideshow of pix.. don't be too proud of your faces.. - and :thumbsdown: to that testi- demanding thingy. it's SO ANNOYING! and YEAH, besides, testimonials are GIVEN, not asked. people tend to have a bad impression on people who keep on demanding for testis.. hello?! people who do that are just plain.. people-who-want-to-let-the-world-know-how-"GREAT"-they-are! - yeah, overlays are good too.. but CSS - plain are better and simple. and they don't take time to load. personally, I hate pages that load for a LONG time. I simply ex-em asap. X_x - and yeah, be unique. :) I SOMETIMES get ideas from others, but I USUALLY use my own creativeness.. and with that, people will get to know who YOU really are, and yeah, you wouldn't have to worry about other people who might claim that you're a copycat. :P go Friendster Addicts! :arrow: Certified Friendster Addict.
jamessss:b
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

me. i hate big borders it. [b]irritates[/b] myy eyes. uh. pop-up. my profi. got freezed. uh. un. ;)
Twisted Destiny
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=hanmae]nice tips. :thumbsup: might as well add a few of my own dont's. - don't put to much glittery stuffs, dollies and all that. like, hey... you don't want your profile to look like a shining shimmering splendid market of glitters right?[/quote] just like mom hanhan said.. Too much glittery stuff can hurt other people's eyes..
mayapot
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=CAIRYNISSA]hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make your border bigger40px when you're using a border code. .don't place manyyy videos in your page. trust me, nobody gonna view them .don't used that automatic testi/pic comment receiver code.don't suffer us .don't used the page transmitter tricks( they make computers freeze when others visit your profile ) .don't follow the others! use your own ideas --will look better&unique -----well i rather use the basic profile instead of the overlayed ones. they're just too much. you could post here if you have your own ideas.[/quote] I agree with these: [i].don't place manyyy videos in your page. trust me, nobody gonna view them..don't make your border bigger40px when you're using a border code.[/i]. But I don't with this: [i] .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! )[/i] - They still visit my page. :lol: Anyway, nice advice.
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 12:23

[ 10 queries - 0.048 second ]
Privacy Policy