• ARCHIVES 
  • » hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

el_wray
» n00b
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

i will remember this donts in friendster !
el_wray
» n00b
1969-12-31

Re: hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

thanks again!
aloneforever
» n00b
1969-12-31

[color=#660099]...alert boxes(they're cool, but only when exiting the page...editing the page title bar or posting in your shoutout box is enough to welcome a user) :D ...overlays are ok too(but as they say, it mostly hangs your pc...js and css are enough to costumize your profile either) =| ...making your boxes and borders transparent are just fine(but be sure that your fonts can be seen) :thumbsup: ...imitating is not recommended(make up your own) :) ...mp3s and videos, a single mp3 player or a video is enough(but try using [url=http://www.dizzler.com][b]DIZZLER[/b][/url]...2 in 1, if you're to like it) :thumbsup:=) ...not too much codes/scripts(most often comes laggy, or sometimes it stucks) :) ...marquee codes...are they that really usefull...come to ask, what are those for?? :lol: ...and [b]MOST[/b]of all...just make your profile simple...the way that it represents exactly [b]"YOU"[/b][/color] :thumbsup:=)

Last edited by aloneforever (2008-04-05 13:36:20)

jogzzkie
» n00b
1969-12-31

i too will remember this one. some of the visitors of my profile are suggesting me to remove the opening shake effect because it freezes their computer and needs to be restarted, so since then i removed it, and now, ther u hv the dont's, iL surely follow those!
erikashae
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=CAIRYNISSA]hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make your border bigger40px when you're using a border code. .don't place manyyy videos in your page. trust me, nobody gonna view them .don't used that automatic testi/pic comment receiver code.don't suffer us .don't used the page transmitter tricks( they make computers freeze when others visit your profile ) .don't follow the others! use your own ideas --will look better&unique -----well i rather use the basic profile instead of the overlayed ones. they're just too much. you could post here if you have your own ideas.[/quote] yeah.thats true.be unique....and that videos thing!!thats very true....... :thumbsup::thumbsup:=)=):):):)
Gela5555
» FTalker
1969-12-31

THanks for this.. :)
jamia_mae
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

oh, glittery thingy hurts my pair of eyes :D and too many graphics, too many sound-producing features: mp3's (you know, you're confuse what song to hear 'coz you heard many songs in one profile!), videos, etc. better yet, i'll write something in media box (like poems, but customized with html codes). i am an overlay fan. but since we're in dial-up connection, the layout might not be a browser-friendly or the computer connection has a problem. one more thing, it takes my time. so i just use css layout :doubt: . =|
chayll
» n00b
1969-12-31

Wow! Nice tips! Ty!
penakamaayo
» FTalker
1969-12-31

nice! thanks for the advice! :eh:
cla_15
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=aloneforever]...alert boxes(they're cool, but only when exiting the page...editing the page title bar or posting in your shoutout box is enough to welcome a user) biggrin ...overlays are ok too(but as they say, it mostly hangs your pc...js and css are enough to costumize your profile either) smirk ...making your boxes and borders transparent are just fine(but be sure that your fonts can be seen) thumbsup ...imitating is not recommended(make up your own) smile ...mp3s and videos, a single mp3 player or a video is enough(but try using DIZZLER...2 in 1, if you're to like it) thumbsupnod ...not too much codes/scripts(most often comes laggy, or sometimes it stucks) smile ...marquee codes...are they that really usefull...come to ask, what are those for?? lol ...and MOSTof all...just make your profile simple...the way that it represents exactly "YOU" thumbsupnod[/quote] very well said men! you hit me with the "..alert boxes(they're cool, but only when exiting the page...":lol: but that's fine..it's true naman e..=) i've got so many alert boxes in my proffy...and my visitors are really annoyed with it...but im wondrin' why they keep on visiting me:)
bheszt_09
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

yeah...pop-ups are very very very annoying haha...btw,thanks for sharing
jon11
» n00b
1969-12-31

:thumbsup: nice one ... great advices ...
Shim Oo-Ma
» FTalkWhiz
1969-12-31

lol. nice... thanks for telling XD! i hav one. [b]Dont make your boxes transparent 50% or whatever. It makes the viewer's computer slow ad possibly hang.[/b]
glenefermae
» n00b
1969-12-31

@T i agree..:thumbsup: and [b]too many images that are not organized make your profile look like a crap ..[/b] ahaha. i may sound rude on this but too many images of oneself CAN be very annoying too esp those big ones *takes too long to load*..*note: i said [b]too many[/b] what's the use of photo albums?! and yeah as everybody here said [b]Make it SIMPLE[/b].
ChristineKho♥
» n00b
1969-12-31

i don't even know how to make overlays. but i still don't like it. i like keeping mine simple and user friendly. i wouldn't want my friends to get annnoyed and never viem my proffy again. it's too sad. LOL. :lol:
ChristineKho♥
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=glenefermae]@T i agree..:thumbsup: and [b]too many images that are not organized make your profile look like a crap ..[/b] ahaha. i may sound rude on this but too many images of oneself CAN be very annoying too esp those big ones *takes too long to load*..*note: i said [b]too many[/b] what's the use of photo albums?! and yeah as everybody here said [b]Make it SIMPLE[/b].[/quote] i do have a lot of images in my About Me and Who I Want to Meet section. i think they look nice. well. everybody has their own [b][u]opinion[/u][/b].:P
purpletooth
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

add this up dont steal others ideas on their layouts
yunish
» FTalkFreak
1969-12-31

[quote=CAIRYNISSA]hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make your border bigger40px when you're using a border code. .don't place manyyy videos in your page. trust me, nobody gonna view them .don't used that automatic testi/pic comment receiver code.don't suffer us .don't used the page transmitter tricks( they make computers freeze when others visit your profile ) .don't follow the others! use your own ideas --will look better&unique -----well i rather use the basic profile instead of the overlayed ones. they're just too much. you could post here if you have your own ideas.[/quote] right. :) i agree with you.. i think having a chatbox is also one of the dont's? just for me..:)
retardedbords
» n00b
1969-12-31

i agree with these!=)
_dangerous fire_
» n00b
1969-12-31

[b]ohhh that's right[/b]
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » hey folks. you guys already knew how to make a better page but here are the don't. .don't used the pop-alert( they're very annoying and people will never visit to your page again! ) .don't make y

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 16:26

[ 10 queries - 0.092 second ]
Privacy Policy