• ARCHIVES 
  • » I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

floid0523
» FTalkManiac
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

Help! I bougt Windows Vista Ultimate yeh and I am trying to install it to my Laptop. I've already installed it on my Mac via Boot Camp which makes it easy and fast but I cant get it to work on my Old HP Laptop! This is what I did: 1. Put on the Vista CD thing. 2. I've put my details and everything. 3. It finished Installing and restarted. 4. It restarted then, Booted the VistaCD again. SO my main question is. How do you continue the installer without the Vista CD auto booting?
edimax.altec
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

[quote=Ephemeral;#3503614;1270008758]Doesn't run huh? How much HDD space do you still have left?[/quote] yep yep! doesn't run. uhmm. I have 1.34Gb left for my C and almost 60Gb for my D. but before my C drive has 1.34Gb left, my defragmenter wont run anymore. xD [quote=Ephemeral;#3503614;1270008758]Donwload defragler at http://defraggler.com It's from the creator of CCleaner, Piriform. Trusted by many users world wide. or open cmd. Type the command below. defrag C: -a-w Just change C: to D: or (Drive location): if you want to defrag another drive. The command above also performs analysis. It takes a long time to finish like the actually method. But only in DOS. To know the command works. Just check your task manager for Defrag.exe Last edited by Ephemeral (2010-03-31 04:24:50)[/quote] thanks for the tip Sir Ephe! uhmm.. Does defragmenting healthy? uhmm. I'm also using CCleaner. Is it different from defragmenter?
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

You'll need at least 15 to 20 % free space for Windows Defragging to work. @About CCleaner and Defraggler. Yes they're different, but both are certified safe. ;)
edimax.altec
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=Ephemeral;#3508499;1270344144]You'll need at least 15 to 20 % free space for Windows Defragging to work. @About CCleaner and Defraggler. Yes they're different, but both are certified safe.[/quote] I see. I think that's the reason why my win defrag is not working/opening.. uhmm.. i'll try to delete some unnecessary programs. thanks again sir ephe^^v
soul23
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

is it good if you have 2 antivirus in 1 pc?
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

^Not advisable. Anti-Virus 1 blocks real virus. Anti-Virus 2 will block the blocking of the Anti-Virus 1. Anti-Virus 1 will block the attempt by Anti-Virus 2 to block its process. Try it yourself to get the complete idea. :eh:
soul23
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

im kinda confused aha.. anyway, just asking..
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

In simple terms. Endless blocking. To be more precise. Here's a senario. Bitdefender blocks W32/Virut. While processing its deletion, Norton detects W32/Virut running (Well it is running because BitDefender is currently deleting it. Norton blocks W32/Virut deletion by BitDefender (Because Norton program thinks BitDefender is running the W32/Virut. W32/Virut deletion process gets transfered to Norton. BitDefender will block Norton because it's running W32/Virut (Norton is applying deletions methods on W32/Virut that's why W32/Virut is running). Repeat process. Your Anti-Viruses will eat your memory like crazy. :lol:
soul23
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

thanks.. I understand that.. another question.. you said that if something/someone runs the virus, anti-virus will detect it. For example, if the virus is in the folder, then you opened that folder, will it run the virus itself? or the folder is a part of the virus? I experience opening a folder with a virus inside then nod32 detected it after i double-clicked the folder.

Last edited by soul23 (2010-04-25 17:55:22)

Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Usually those types are autoit viruses... very nasty. It integrates on explorer.exe, and doesn't need any autorun.inf to trigger it. Anyway if that isn't the case. Maybe it's just one of those duplicating folder worms that hides your real folder or .exe. W32/Sality. Does some of the .exe get corrupted?

Last edited by Ephemeral (2010-04-26 00:39:37)

soul23
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

no..
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Maybe it's just the common recycler folder worm. ;)
soul23
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

hmm...last question, do the code "kill C:" works in visual basic?(dont have visual basic now)
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Try methods below... just use kill "C:\blablah.exe" <">

Last edited by Ephemeral (2010-04-26 00:49:30)

soul23
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Another question, Im planning to buy the router 2(maybe another wrt54g linksys router) but i don't know if it will work: [spoiler][img]http://cosmopic.com/707/1413/aaaoy.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

It's possible. But you'll have to configure t he subnet, gateway and IP. Also, must assign specific DNS address.
soul23
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

hmm... i don't know how to do that.. maybe i should call our engineer..
kimyasay10
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

My questions are already ready :) It's already posted :)
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

where kimmy? about trojans, viruses, worm and autorun.inf? well i hate this newly encountered acers-blah blah blah.vbs. she penetrate nod32 and even i did the manual i cant still remove this cssrs.exe. somehow she didn't survive in reformatting hehe", i blame my younger sister because she didn't scan her usb thats why i installed usb disk security for those who don't even know to scan their usb",
tap13
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

anyone know a software that can overclock a processor?, or anyone knows how to overclock an ami bios?
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 15:40

[ 9 queries - 0.079 second ]
Privacy Policy