• ARCHIVES 
  • » I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

soul23
» FTalkAgent
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

what's your processor?
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Re: I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

[quote=tap13;#3573101;1273367267]anyone know a software that can overclock a processor?, or anyone knows how to overclock an ami bios?[/quote] I think overclocking AMI bios usually leads to crashes. :lol3: Though I think you can fix it through the BIOS/CMOS settings in a normal manner.

Last edited by Ephemeral (2010-05-09 02:17:01)

tap13
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=soul23;#3573200;1273373456]what's your processor?[/quote] DualCore AMD Athlon II X2 235e, 2569 MHz (13.5 x 190) I was hoping to at least have it somewhere 2.8 ghz or 3.0 I hope [quote=Ephemeral;#3573466;1273385761]I think overclocking AMI bios usually leads to crashes. :lol3: Though I think you can fix it through the BIOS/CMOS settings in a normal manner.[/quote] hmm, well the thing is, I can't even see an option of overclocking the cpu in the Bios menu, there were only few options, I can't even change the fan speeds and other things. I'm sorry, this is my 1st time to try to OC a cpu :wallbash:
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

i trust amd although im using intel", try this exactly in your amd. im not sure if the software is compatible in your processor! i dug from amd drivers & support, http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_overdrive.aspx?p=1
tap13
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=ReverzerO;#3576451;1273545584]i trust amd although im using intel", try this exactly in your amd. im not sure if the software is compatible in your processor! i dug from amd drivers & support, http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_overdrive.aspx?p=1[/quote] Thank you for the link, but it seems that it's only available for AMD 7 series I've been searching whole night yesterday for other version of this Overdrive, but didn't work, well this is really great tool though :drool: Im just going to search for other oc softwares I know oc softwares isn't that great but I think thats the most easiest way for me to overclock Also, I dont know if this is right, but If I flash my bios can that give me option to overclock? or do I need a better motherboard? Well some other info is: I bought this computer from emachines, built in, name is et1331gand some other info, or it's a packed [spoiler]Field Value CPU Properties CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon II X2 235e CPU Alias Regor CPU Stepping DA-C2 Engineering Sample No CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e Processor CPUID Revision 00100F62h CPU VID 1.2750 V North Bridge VID 1.1750 V CPU Speed CPU Clock 2668.5 MHz (original: 2700 MHz) CPU Multiplier 13.5x CPU FSB 197.7 MHz (original: 200 MHz) HyperTransport Clock 790.7 MHz North Bridge Clock 1976.7 MHz Memory Bus 395.3 MHz DRAM:FSB Ratio 12:6 CPU Cache L1 Code Cache 64 KB per core L1 Data Cache 64 KB per core L2 Cache 1 MB per core (On-Die, ECC, Full-Speed) Motherboard Properties Motherboard ID 64-0100-001131-00101111-081309-ATHLON64$1ADKR019_BIOS RELEASE DATE: 08/13/2009 P01-A0 Motherboard Name Unknown Chipset Properties Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 6100-4xx, AMD K10 Memory Timings 6-6-6-18 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) Command Rate (CR) 2T BIOS Properties System BIOS Date 08/13/09 Video BIOS Date 03/15/09 DMI BIOS Version P01-A0 Graphics Processor Properties Video Adapter XFX Radeon HD 4350 GPU Code Name RV710 (PCI Express 2.0 x16 1002 / 954F, Rev 00) GPU Clock 110 MHz (original: 600 MHz) Memory Clock 250 MHz (original: 400 MHz)[/spoiler]
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Try to squeeze more info in amd! try to ask their forum on how to overclock your computer! in my opinion, if there is no option for overclocking through bios it mean there is no way! if it is not mandatory to overclock, dont do it, it may risk the life of your computer. you said you havent tried to overclock your computer yet so try other things like using the cpuid or pc wizard, you can see all info about your computer including overclock. or try to read your manual if there is tutorial in how to overclock? by the way, what is your reason why you want to overclock your computer?

Last edited by ReverzerO (2010-05-11 11:39:06)

Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Well, an alternative is amd fusion utility. Not overclocking but syncs your hardware.
tap13
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=Ephemeral;#3577878;1273593925]Well, an alternative is amd fusion utility. Not overclocking but syncs your hardware.[/quote] thanks, [quote=ReverzerO;#3577856;1273592185]Try to squeeze more info in amd! try to ask their forum on how to overclock your computer! in my opinion, if there is no option for overclocking through bios it mean there is no way! if it is not mandatory to overclock, dont do it, it may risk the life of your computer. you said you havent tried to overclock your computer yet so try other things like using the cpuid or pc wizard, you can see all info about your computer including overclock. or try to read your manual if there is tutorial in how to overclock?[/quote] I've got Everest :) sadly there's no manual here as the computer was bought in a package, but thanks for the help and advice though ;) [quote=ReverzerO;#3577856;1273592185]by the way, what is your reason why you want to overclock your computer?[/quote] I've got a new cpu cases, and fans, which makes my cpu cooler way alot more, so I'm thinking of at least over clocking it and also for a better performance... well, I'll probably buy just new motherboards, as this motherboard is not a good start for overclocking, and other thing too :lol2: thanks guys :thumbsup:
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

add fan to make your cpu more cooler", if you have cdrking in your place, try to canvass and see its only 50php",
tap13
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=ReverzerO;#3582174;1273819078]add fan to make your cpu more cooler", if you have cdrking in your place, try to canvass and see its only 50php",[/quote] I think my cpu is cool enough, which is why I would like to try to overclock ;) thanks
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

ah okey goodluck",
LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

everyone ... I want to ask something .. it is okay to connect my laptop to a Wi-Fi connection for a long period of time? .... for example i use my laptops and connect it to a Wi-Fi connection for almost 14 hours ... is it fine? ...
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Yup, but you better make sure you remove/disable file sharing options. Also, create a password for your account. :D Also disable remote access. ;)

Last edited by Ephemeral (2010-05-31 04:14:50)

LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=Ephemeral;#3610647;1275293636]Yup, but you better make sure you remove/disable file sharing options. Also, create a password for your account. Also disable remote access.[/quote] alright :dance: .. arigato :yes: ....
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

lol i will never do that",yes your laptop can stand more than 14hrs but there is possibilities that it will overheat! we cannot say but im not abusing the capabilities of my laptop so that the lifespan will stay longer", edit: yes you can but not everyday",

Last edited by ReverzerO (2010-05-31 07:37:07)

LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=ReverzerO;#3610856;1275305593]edit: yes you can but not everyday",[/quote] why?? ....
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

[quote=LemY;#3611006;1275315617]why?? ....[/quote] Consider your battery. Well you're talking about a laptop, not a desktop. Laptop batteries are expensive and kinda easy to dry out. If you buy a cheap or fake battery as a replacement, expect battery leaks and a destroyed laptop. Now cheap laptop batteries are out of the option. And you don't want to but a new battery for a long time. Then consider Mr. ReverzerO's idea. :D
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

yes", and care your laptop as you care yourself",
LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=Ephemeral;#3611140;1275326467]Consider your battery. Well you're talking about a laptop, not a desktop. Laptop batteries are expensive and kinda easy to dry out. If you buy a cheap or fake battery as a replacement, expect battery leaks and a destroyed laptop. Now cheap laptop batteries are out of the option. And you don't want to but a new battery for a long time. Then consider Mr. ReverzerO's idea[/quote] no i do not use my battery, .... tnx for the advice ... :yes2: .. [quote=ReverzerO;#3611330;1275359682]yes", and care your laptop as you care yourself",[/quote] yes as always ..... :cool:
dweller
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

Hello everyone. Where can I download a free microsoft word 2007?
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 15:54

[ 10 queries - 0.048 second ]
Privacy Policy