• ARCHIVES 
  • » I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

If only i have fast internet and upload Microsoft Office 2007 but try searching in google and download. the size must be 563mb then reply here after downloading and i will post the serials!
LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Re: I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

Question ... I setup a wifi connetion and my laptop(os - W7) connects successfully while the other laptop(os-XP) cannot connect it says "Limited or no connectivity", i use automatically obtain ip adress on that laptop(os-XP) ... but still cannot connect .... help me guys ... tnx ... [spoiler]Ignore grammars =) haha ...[/spoiler]
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Try installing IPv6, because WiFi usually follows the 128-bit WEP keys. Also, it depends if they are using an IPv6 router. Usually... Vista, Windows 7, Mac OSX already have IPv6 installed that's why it can connect to almost any hot spot. While IPv4 only uses 32-bit addresses that are very limited unlike IPv6 that has a larger space address. Check this pdf for the idea. http://www.usipv6.com/CES_Presentations/CES_Junaid_Islam.pdf And look IPv6 WiFi topic (page 12 of the pdf) to get my point. Though this is just a theory... I'm not into Networking but I think that's the cause. :D

Last edited by Ephemeral (2010-06-06 07:59:49)

LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=Ephemeral;#3620351;1275818214]Check this pdf for the idea. http://www.usipv6.com/CES_Presentations…_Islam.pdf[/quote] That article describe the theory on how and what are the difference of wifi versions of blahlbah tnx for that i learned alot =) ... im confuse =) hehe ... anyway is it fine for windows xp? ... here's the adapter "Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter" .. i try to update and seach for this problem, it appears that I need to change or reset the IP .. and still not working ... And your solution is IPv6? can u provide me the download link? .. tnx for the great help ....

Last edited by LemY (2010-06-06 07:42:48)

Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Before that... is the OS XP SP1, SP2 or SP3?
LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

its xp sp2 ...
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Type this on cmd [b]netsh interface ipv6 install[/b] Press enter if not... Try... [b]ipv6 install[/b]

Last edited by Ephemeral (2010-06-06 08:02:07)

LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

it succeded .... then ....
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Go Network Place and right click the active Adapter. Usually WiFi Connection. Then right click and properties. After that, double click IPv6 and make sure it's all set to automatically obtain. Apply, save. Now try connecting to the WiFi spot.
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

[quote=LemY;#3620228;1275814818]Question ... I setup a wifi connetion and my laptop(os - W7) connects successfully while the other laptop(os-XP) cannot connect it says "Limited or no connectivity", i use automatically obtain ip adress on that laptop(os-XP) ... but still cannot connect .... help me guys ... tnx ... [spoiler]Ignore grammars =) haha ...[/spoiler][/quote] hehe there is no problem in os", you said other laptop with an os of xp so have you check if there is driver for wifi installed? better check the exact brand of the other laptop like for example acer blah blah blah then go to acer's site and search the wifi driver. Edited: Where do you usually use wifi? do you have have globe tattoo broadband or smartbroadband?

Last edited by ReverzerO (2010-06-06 09:29:50)

LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=Ephemeral;#3620589;1275827234]Go Network Place and right click the active Adapter. Usually WiFi Connection. Then right click and properties. After that, double click IPv6 and make sure it's all set to automatically obtain. Apply, save. Now try connecting to the WiFi spot.[/quote] i same problem again it stop in acquiring Ip adress then after 2 mints is says "limited or no connectivity" ... :no: [quote=ReverzerO;#3620813;1275830546]hehe there is no problem in os", you said other laptop with an os of xp so have you check if there is driver for wifi installed? better check the exact brand of the other laptop like for example acer blah blah blah then go to acer's site and search the wifi driver. Edited: Where do you usually use wifi? do you have have globe tattoo broadband or smartbroadband?[/quote] ...of cours it has a wifi installed and updated properly seems to be the problem is the Ip. .... :wallbash:

Last edited by LemY (2010-06-06 10:43:32)

ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

try other source!
LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=ReverzerO;#3620938;1275835821]try other source![/quote] yeah im seeking .....
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

mine was fine even my os is xp. its hard to figure out without detailed scenarios! and beside your new source will give you different ip.
Ephemeral
» FTalkElite
1969-12-31

Try running wireless connection wizard.
LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=ReverzerO;#3620965;1275836897]mine was fine even my os is xp. its hard to figure out without detailed scenarios! and beside your new source will give you different ip.[/quote] thats my problem i cant auto acquire an ip .... [quote=Ephemeral;#3620968;1275837035]Try running wireless connection wizard.[/quote] yep ill try ....
ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

there is really missing in your laptop! wifi driver, modem driver, or some .dll files! or untidy registry! if someday i experience this problem maybe i will reformat and install the proper and complete drivers/motherboard.
LemY
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=ReverzerO;#3622703;1275915470]there is really missing in your laptop! wifi driver, modem driver, or some .dll files! or untidy registry! if someday i experience this problem maybe i will reformat and install the proper and complete drivers/motherboard.[/quote] i have, last time i use my laptop wifi was on korea ..... i have devices and drivers ..... so i dont know how can i fix this ..... :wallbash:

Last edited by LemY (2010-06-07 09:22:57)

ReverzerO
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

maybe try to contact the tech support of your laptop but be sure the warranty is yet expired so that they will not ignore you.
janz020
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

hi!!can u help me about ff?? :( uhm..my ff its not working..because when i click the icon this dialog appear [spoiler]The procedure entry point PK11_ImportE-cryptedPrivateKeyInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library nss3.dll.[/spoiler] what can i do?? plz help me.. :cry:

Last edited by janz020 (2010-06-08 12:09:21)

• ARCHIVES 
  • » I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 17:18

[ 10 queries - 0.043 second ]
Privacy Policy