• ARCHIVES 
  • » I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

jamessss:b
» SuperFTalker
FTalk Level: zero
1969-12-31

Re: I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

is there any tips u want to share for my computer. lol :wallbash:
marfillaster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

Re: I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

post here the stats of your pc processor speed, ram size and type(sd or dd), video card size, hard disk size talking about numbers
» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

hmm. [b]Local Disk ( C: )[/b] 25MB. :crybaby: [b]Local Disk ( D: )[/b] 18GB err. :crybaby:

Last edited by james_cuteoo2 (2007-06-23 10:08:00)

marfillaster
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

well, i cant assess anything because you only gave little info, what is very important is processor speed and memory
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

@james: Roght click on your My Computer icon on your desktop and click Properties. Then on the General tab, look at those texts and numbers that you see just above the Support Information button. Type them here so that we will know. =|
Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

If I Go To This Website http://g00ns.net/ A Website Which is [b]about " g00ns is a invite only commmunity. We are not a clan of any kind. Our goal is to ruin your fun online. Why do we do this you ask? Because its fun, because we can, because we want to, because we fu***ing hate you. Thats right, most people reading this are fuc***ng morons, and your number increase steadily. In simple terms we gain pleasure from your misfortune. Your anger and frustration fuel our fun. The angrier you get the more fun we have. We hope this page will explain our intentions a little better. If not then f*ck off. P.S. Notice the word above "invite" only. We do not recruit so don't come here telling us all about your leet coding skills as no one here gives a f*ck. Send that [bleep] to Bill Gates.. maybe he will care."[/b] is my laptop gonna be in a lot of trouble ????? even if i accidentally clicked there site ???? :thunder:
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

^ i clicked the link you provided. It just returned the homepage of g00ns, and i think the homepage is pretty harmless (as what i could see) since i didnt notice any trojans or viruses trying to get in my system. =|
Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

Hopefully .. i hope so .. :D but. i'm having some connection speed .. problems . damn! !!! hehehe [b]POSTS MERGED [/b] (by Padme) :idea:

Last edited by Padme (2007-06-26 08:53:32)

Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Freelance, you're double posting.. please avoid it. :idea: =|

Last edited by Padme (2007-06-26 08:54:11)

Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

aw.. i thought i was modifying my Previous post .. . sorry ! it will never happen again
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

No prob Freelance.. ;) [i]Sometimes we just need to check it if we posted right.[/i]
kabuteman
» n00b
1969-12-31

[quote=james_cuteoo2]nice thread kabute. actually. i have a question. Why Everytime Im Using My Photoshop It Decreased The MB of my computer. wat a heck. and it runs so slow. :doubt:[/quote] Hmm.. my guess is that since your computer has limited "real memory" , it made use of your hard disk to "swap" some memory there. Swapping makes use of your hard disk for memory operations . Yes! You will experience very bad performance if you are using disk for memory needs .. I suggest you to upgrade your RAM at least 512M (the higher the better). Another alternative is to turn off "other" applications that are running prior starting your Photoshop , that can probably release some "real memory" back to your machine. Freelance , you should be fine .. by default, your web browser will ask you if you want to execute "any" application. If you had not allowed such , you should be ok.

Last edited by kabuteman (2007-06-26 20:10:00)

» SuperFTalker
1969-12-31

wow thx for the help kuya charles and kuya kabuteman. thanks thanks..
angelalaine
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

^^Or maybe get rid of programs that youre not using to give some space for your photoshop. Then defrag your pc :) Once you upgrade your RAM you can install it again.
Freelance6969
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

is defragging my PC like everyday . a healthy thing ?
angelalaine
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Oh yeah its a healthy thing most especially if you play online all the time and been downloading or uninstalling programs on your pc =)
0phranxis0
» Banned
1969-12-31

whats defragging? ______________ and i can't install corel! i install it but when i open it it say runtime error? _____________________ and when i try to DL in (http://xuix.com/index.shtml) waaa! it was 89% then the [i]curyente[/i] went off. (i dont know the english of curyente)
Padme
» FTalkAgent
1969-12-31

^ Here's an explanation on defragging... =) [quote]First, an explanation of what fragmentation is. [b]Fragmentation occurs when you write and delete files to your hard drive.[/b] Every time a file is deleted you free up space. When you write to the drive that free space is used. If the file being written to the drive is larger than a piece of free space then another piece of free territory is taken elsewhere on the drive. Over time you end up with a file that looks like this: [quote][b]hard is read This to[/b][/quote] You can make sense of that, but, it took you some time to figure it out, right? Your hard drive has to go through the same period of figuring as well. The more fragmented your drive, the longer it takes for the computer to figure out where all of the little pieces are and put them back together again. By defragmenting the drive [b]you gather up all those scattered pieces and place them into order[/b] in one area once more. The above example would then become "This is hard to read" after defragmenting. Much easier to read and much faster to read as well. [i]Read more: http://www.sff.net/people/rich/defrag.htp[/i][/quote] I suspect the run-time error was caused by your system. Try de-fragging your hard disk 1st then try installing Corel again. But 1st I recommend you uninstall Corel first before defragging. =)
0phranxis0
» Banned
1969-12-31

so what should i click to defrag?
angelalaine
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

<">Ways to look for that disk fragmentation You can use this one 1.Go to start menu click all programs 2.Go to accesorries then sysytem tools 3.Then click dis defrag From there click analyze first then afterwards click defrag Also this one Go to control panel then click performance and maintance then click rearrange your items on your hardisk again run analyze then afterwards defrag :) Thats the basics one to look for the disk fragmenatation

Last edited by angelalaine (2008-03-13 10:27:12)

• ARCHIVES 
  • » I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 20:57

[ 16 queries - 0.553 second ]
Privacy Policy