• ARCHIVES 
  • » I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

`mizeL
» FTalkWhiz
FTalk Level: zero
FTalkers ♥♥ My Threads!
1969-12-31

Re: I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

[b]@infoseeker[/b]'s las post: woah, that's a lot! xD thanks! :D [quote=cUtiEshika]i got a question hir.. i was using windows xp.. then my brother changed it to windows vista.. :evil: i reli dont like it coz of the resolution and lots of pop ups.. :crybaby: :crybaby: wat will i do..?? i want to have the windows xp back.. my brother said cant download it agen coz its alredi face off.. cant also reformat the pc coz our cd to reformat is only for wondows xp.. hahaiz.. plz help.... :crybaby: :crybaby: [quote]ahmn.. did u undrstnd my english..?? sorry.. its broken.. :doubt:[/quote] [/quote] i had the same prob with you. i couldn't cure it myself so i hired a technician for this. he did some reformatting, have his XP cd and installed it. if you try to dload the cd on the net (which i tried before for about 200mb sumthing), it will take me 2 days or more (not continuous dload) to fully download it, which is very time consuming. i suggest you really have to ask assistance from a professional. :)
angelalaine
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

Re: I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

If you have thc cd for the Windows XP its really easy to reformate the pc Hiring a technician cost so much, when doing it youself saves alot of money =) Just a suggestion, borrow some cd's and when you have it we can help you out it nhere
logitkaba
» n00b
1969-12-31

ei guys...could anyone or someone could help me on why my computer skips on the Bios setup??when i start the computer,it displays the Asus series...then the next one should be press f2 or delete to enter set up??right??but how come it does'nt do it anymore??and it skips to windows XP,then to the profile selection....pls help me, i want to reformat my computer,pls!!!thnx...... =| and i have question...how could i get rid of the red ballon always popupping everytime the pc starts..???it says "your computer might be at risk there is no turned on firewall"or something like that....it makes my system slow and before i could open any applications the balloon must show up first before the program i opened starts up....whew...ehehe... pls help me...computer newbie here..^_^
Psyanne
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Clear your CMOS first by changing jumpers or removing batteries to be Reset to Default Values, there might be a setting there that makes you skip the POST.
Kamandag
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

[quote=logitkaba]ei guys...could anyone or someone could help me on why my computer skips on the Bios setup??when i start the computer,it displays the Asus series...then the next one should be press f2 or delete to enter set up??right??but how come it does'nt do it anymore??and it skips to windows XP,then to the profile selection....pls help me, i want to reformat my computer,pls!!!thnx...... =| and i have question...how could i get rid of the red ballon always popupping everytime the pc starts..???it says "your computer might be at risk there is no turned on firewall"or something like that....it makes my system slow and before i could open any applications the balloon must show up first before the program i opened starts up....whew...ehehe... pls help me...computer newbie here..^_^[/quote] your pc may be fast enough that you won't see the post menu during post. try to press [b]DEL[/b] or [b]F2[/b][i](depends on board)[/i] many times right after you [b]power on[/b] your pc. @Psyanne PC don't skip [b]POST[/b] for its the first thing the pc do when given power. No POST = PC DEAD :lol:

Last edited by Kamandag (2008-01-07 02:05:54)

Psyanne
» FTalker
1969-12-31

[quote=Kamandag]PC don't skip [b]POST[/b] for its the first thing the pc do when given power. No POST = PC DEAD :lol:[/quote] I mean some Bios hid POST with a splash screen that's why it looks like bios skipping it, did that feed your ego kamandag?
logitkaba
» n00b
1969-12-31

i got it solved now..hehe, thnx for your ideas,nweiz..hehe, the updates are not showing anymore,coz i have it turned off in the services.msc hehe..and the red balloon was also fixed,it's just the fire wall notice tht my firewall is turned off but when i checked it it was on,,weird..hehe,but it was fixed now...and the bios setup and system config showed up again..my cousin said it just buffered coz i just pressed something so it has skipped the Post...he told me to press f2 and delete fast to show up again & make it normal again..and it worked..hehe,i don't know why by that way only..but now i want to make my PC to be faster in startup ...i have done a few things by making the Xp boot image disappear..to make the boot faster..and removing some other indexing services..but when i'm trying to open an application as the computer had started up...it takes time to open...i dont know if there's any problem..or my corel files,flash files photoshop files are just too big that it affects the startup and slowing of the computer...especially when i'm in a rush and i want to run the macromedia flash immediately...whew..ehehe..anyways i have a 1gb ram, but only 80gb harddrive..and i have 512mb videocard wid additional 3d accelerator card..for i want to use the optimized resolution and the highest quality option in my graphics when i'm playing a game..
Psyanne
» FTalker
1969-12-31

You have a high end system there i don't see problems regarding your hardware, you can try other geniuses advice coz they might have a brighter idea or contradict with mine but heres what i do on [b]my[/b] pc, i optimize my pc using a software i'm not into tweaking pc manually i.e. using regedit coz I might mess up my system (regarding trash entries on registry), to cut the intro short you have to check your system for unwanted startup programs, uninstall programs you don't need, you have to defrag your registry and also defrag your pc, try CCLEANER it is [b]free[/b] other program I use is *System Cleaner for some entries or trash that CCLEANER can't clean PM me if you want the cracked version coz that one ain't free*. System Cleaner can Clean Startup Entries, Uninstall Hidden Programs that is not visible on your ADD/REMOVE, Defrag Registry to bootup your PC faster, Defrag your Harddrive to Run you programs faster.
angelalaine
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[quote=logitkaba]i got it solved now..hehe, thnx for your ideas,nweiz..hehe, the updates are not showing anymore,coz i have it turned off in the services.msc hehe..and the red balloon was also fixed,it's just the fire wall notice tht my firewall is turned off but when i checked it it was on,,weird..hehe,but it was fixed now...and the bios setup and system config showed up again..my cousin said it just buffered coz i just pressed something so it has skipped the Post...he told me to press f2 and delete fast to show up again & make it normal again..and it worked..hehe,i don't know why by that way only..but now i want to make my PC to be faster in startup ...i have done a few things by making the Xp boot image disappear..to make the boot faster..and removing some other indexing services..but when i'm trying to open an application as the computer had started up...it takes time to open...i dont know if there's any problem..or my corel files,flash files photoshop files are just too big that it affects the startup and slowing of the computer...especially when i'm in a rush and i want to run the macromedia flash immediately...whew..ehehe..anyways i have a 1gb ram, but only 80gb harddrive..and i have 512mb videocard wid additional 3d accelerator card..for i want to use the optimized resolution and the highest quality option in my graphics when i'm playing a game..[/quote] I dont get it, you have a cool pc youve got there. 80gb of hd is still impressive. But anways just like Psyanne said DEFRAG your pc and use CCLEANER, its really works and also all your programs that youre using, try to disbale that start up when windows is loading. Or try this but pls be very careful. Click start then choose RUN type msconfig on the box and hit enter. A window will appear pls click on START UP Now uncheck all the programs you dont want to load up when starting windows. Again dont uncheck programs that is unfamiliar to you, to avoid booting problems later on. Hope that helps and if will still loads up slow, try reformatting your pc Surely everything will loads up faster ;)

Last edited by angelalaine (2008-01-09 20:38:37)

demoknight
» n00b
1969-12-31

I've posted a stuffs for XP corporate SP3 Loaded with 2007 stand alone update.. links were there.. It's working for me.. Visit it here [url=http://theftalk.com/viewtopic.php?pid=486516#p486516][b]XP SP3 DOWNLOADS and SUPPORT[/b][/url] I just want to share this to you guys.. Not all softwares were created to be USEFUL.. some may be harmful specially when this came from unknown sites.. You need to learn how to test run raw data on your computer without any harm.. You may need this. How to use it? uhmm.. Next time I'll post the procedure.. :P 1. Virtual PC (now on 2007 version) Found on Microsoft site 2. [url=http://download.hh-software.com/download/VCD/v9/demo/VirtualCD9200.exe][b]VirtualCD9200[/b][/url] 3. Microsoft .Net 2.0 (now on 3.5 release) or later Found on Microsoft site 4. ISO maker software NOTE: Use this for OS testing, USE FLASHGET for faster download.
logitkaba
» n00b
1969-12-31

thanks psyanne and angelalaine..hehe,yes it helped somehow i've tried on what you've said angelalaine but still it is not as fast as it was before...it still takes few moments to open an application...i even tried to use the prefetch1 in some apps..as some other said..but i also removed it because it is not helping..my computer has tons of files..whew and many apps...you think that affects the slowing startup of my applications??i have some apps like the corel draw 10-11,oracle,macromedia flash,dreamweaver,dev c++,adobe package,tv expert,legato,memories on tv,autocad and many more..some in there are big.. and some games like warcraft 3 frozen throne,reign of chaos,nfs most wanted,nba07,hitman,silent hill 4 i'm still thinking of reformatting my comp...even if i want to,i don't yet have a new hard disk or a usb type hd to use for my back-up..huhu...very sad..because most of the files in my pc are important...it has also plenty of pics,vids... uhm my computer was set-up by my uncle..i think the specs is not as good as other computers have today..because mine was built in year 2004,that was the year my computer reigned...hehe,that time i think my pc has one of the highest specs...and it was running great....haysss..i mean the details of the games was optimal...still it runs smoothly.. ei nweiz guys, i have here the cleaner5 EZ for adobe premiere,,does anyone knows how to use it??and what it's use..
.kashi.
» n00b
1969-12-31

dont need
FoRsAkEnKiD
» FTalkGeek
1969-12-31

[quote=.kashi.]dont need[/quote] Please avoid posting in less than 3 words next time. Thanks. =|
roysmith
» FTalker
1969-12-31

Hi, I have installed the vista pack.. then I uninstalled it.. Then i realized, my clock at taskbar is missing... How do i bring it back...
Kamandag
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

right click on your taskbar>>properties and on taskbar tab, tick show clock selection.
8_paulo_8
» FTalkAddict
1969-12-31

need help!! when I open my yahoo messenger and the I logged in it automatically closes... why is it like that...:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:
angelalaine
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

[quote=8_paulo_8]need help!! when I open my yahoo messenger and the I logged in it automatically closes... why is it like that...:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:[/quote] Someone is booting you just a guess. I kinda know cause I did that to my friends way before Just for fun :D But that was before okay. lol I want to ask first if you able to log in even for a few seconds Can you?
D' Angelo
» FTalkManiac
1969-12-31

^ or paulo have plenty "Plugins" running on his YM (like first time installing, theres 5-7 plugin run at bottom of YM) Need to disable those if the PC specs are not good enough (eg: RAM 128mb - 256mb) Its the main YM bug since version 7 :D
salat
» n00b
1969-12-31

i dont know if i in right section...i just wanna ask help about my YM..i cant login to my YM and also my yahoo email...any idea?...
nothinglast
» n00b
1969-12-31

ie guyz ive got question here.... ive been experiencing a hard time removing this trojan thinggy in my pc... how do i remove this?
  • ARCHIVES 
  • » I came across several posts here, seems quite a number of folks have pretty good handle on computers, internet , websites , or other techie stuff ... If you are a newbie to computers and you need hel

Board footer

© 2024 F Talk

Current time is 15:49

[ 11 queries - 0.042 second ]
Privacy Policy